MERGED-->Official 3/28 San Diego Setlist Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lmjhitman said:
3 songs is not enough

Well...

maybe you could stretch it and include "Beautiful Day" and *shudders* "Elevation"?

Then it'd be, what?

3 from Boy
3 from War
1 from Unforgettable Fire
3 from the Joshua Tree
3 from Achtung Baby
2 from All That You Can't Leave Behind

Okay, so 10 to 5, or 10 to 3, not so balanced. :huh: But I'm not complaining about tons of boy songs that aren't I Will Follow and Out of Control.

Oh, and isn't it great that "The Fly" apparently didn't age well enough for inclusion on their nineties compilation, but it's still good enough for two tours in a row?

Bono leaves the stage first, followed by Edge moments later, waving as he goes off-stage. Adam is next to go, leaving Larry on the drums to close the song with a brief solo. After he leaves, the crowd continues to chant loudly "How long...to sing this song?" as the lights remain down, and the One Campaign "UNITE" text messaging plan appears on screen

good setlist, replace Elevation with UTEOTW to close out the main set and I think it's absolutely great, all things considered.

plus, I think they will revovle certain songs.

I don't think Gone, Kite, UTEOTW, Stay are dead yet.

Maybe even a Lemon if we are lucky.

typhoon said:
Oh, and isn't it great that "The Fly" apparently didn't age well enough for inclusion on their nineties compilation, but it's still good enough for two tours in a row?

I've been thinking that since rehearsal rumors started...

They released many more albums in the 80's and that is when U2 made the most noise in the US so I dont see a problem with what they played.

Just be grateful you are going to the tour if you arent I will gladly accept your tickets as donation.

well, I tell ya, Zoo Station and An Cat Dubh are enough to call it at least a good set, for my taste.

I can do w/o some of the regulars, but they have to play those, I don't fault U2 for that.

They generally play 22-23 songs since ZooTV, the more albums they make the less they can fit in all of our requests. Pretty damn good effort on opening night. I hope it sounded great!

I would hope for:

7 songs=HTDAAB
7 staples=
(NYD, SBS, Streets, Pride, Bullet, BD, One)

and continue to revolve the other 7 or 8?

It's a dream, probably more relaistic to say, revolve 3 or 4.

Last edited:
Thats a hot set - though the lack of 'Zoorpa' (come on - U2 have stated they like 'Dirty Day' at least) and 'Pop' ('Staring..." or 'Last Night On Earth' would have been better than 'Elevation' IMHO) is a worry.

Oh well, rumours of a 'Lemon' revival will keep me going.

All in all - awesome. Bring on the bootlegs!

i've seen a lot of pics somewhere on this forum... don't know where, just try to go to main page and look at the mose active threads :D

U2DMfan said:
looks like about an hour and 50 mintues.

Yep. Probably would have hit 2 hours if they had done the usual leave-the-stage thing between One and ABOY.

I think all the members of the forum are busy in the "As we sit..." thread...:D

"why don't we not do the thing when you leave the stage and the nyou shout for more and then we come out... why don't we just stay on the stage" :D or something like that

Back
Top Bottom