What, No Premier League Thread?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup. Not a giant fan of Real Madrid, but it's nice to see them take a few more from Barcelona.

Chelsea might.....maybe? They could....

I'm not a fan of Chelsea but I'd actually like to see them go to the final. Or I'd rather not see Barcelona go to the final. I'm tired of all their success. It's time for something new.

But it would be more exciting to have another Clasico as the final on the Champions and let Madrid win this one.

Oof. Gonna have to get to work early so that I can leave early and catch Barca-Chelsea this week and the Manchester death match next week.

United's defence was extremely poor. 2 goals in 2 minutes when you're leading 4-2... I hope they can claim the title against City.

When they want to implode, Chelsea really is remarkably efficient.

Two goals given up and a red card in about 5 minutes!

Really pissed off that the Barca coaching staff let Pique back onto the pitch after the head injury. Borderline criminal.

Piss poor by the Barca fans to boo/whistle Cahill's injury as well.

Nice cross by Cuenca, very nice finish by Busquets. He sucks at shooting (see the previous match) and dribbling past defenders, but his first touch is legitimately world class.

Kind of surprised at the color of the card that Terry received. Pretty sure the linesman saw clearly what happened though (the chest bump as well as Alexis's theatrical diving).

.....aaaaaaaaaaaand a Chelsea road goal just before half suddenly puts them up 3-2 on aggregate. Wow. wow.

Red card:
terry.gif

Yeah, just saw the replay. I thought it was just a chest bump, not a knee. Clear red.

Now, I don't know the exact red card rules, but it seems like doing that away from play requires conscious deliberate effort to injury someone, so I can hardly complain.

Now, I don't know the exact red card rules, but it seems like doing that away from play requires conscious deliberate effort to injury someone, so I can hardly complain.

It probably qualifies under "violent conduct" (exact wording from official FIFA laws of the game).

I couldn't see the match because I was on a schooltrip. Most of my friends are Barcafans, of course, so it was funny to see their reactions afterwards.

But it is unbelievable to see Chelsea come back after being 2 goals and a man down. Now let's hope Real does make it.

Back
Top Bottom