NRL Uber-Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How did this thread die? What a fucking awesome game of rugby league on Wednesday night. Great to watch.

Although, local AFL journo Damian Barrett wrote this article, and I'd like to know what you think ian, because I agree with him.

AdelaideNow... How can you do this and get away with it?

it died because this season really sucks.

i couldn't disagree with the article more, it's a complete wank piece that seems to celebrate that afl is apparently cleaner on field than league - on skimming it quickly. i point you all to mike colman: AFL know-nothings take free shot at league | The Courier-Mail

He raises a few good points though, specifically about suspensions. It's amazing to think that most of the players involved weren't even charged. But you're right, it is a complete wank piece. That both writers bought up the violence on the streets I think is a bit low.

That said, I enjoyed watching the final five minutes of Origin III as much as anyone.

MAINbroncos.jpg

:giggle:

well....the warriors got smacked up by 20. but overall i thought it was a vastly improved performance on the rest of the season. hopefully with better players next year and some confidence we'll do better.

Well, I'm going to try and follow the next season a bit more - it's virtually impossible when you don't have cable down here, though. Kind of decided to go for the Gold Coast... it really comes down to the fact that I don't want to support a NSW (or Victorian) side, the Warriors aren't doing great, and I like their colours and logo. :silent: The GC isn't really the best place to affiliate oneself with, but hell, at least I've been to the place. I don't even know where half the New South Welsh sides are based.

I hope this is the start of a beautiful friendship. Are the Titans particularly hated or bogany or anything? Thanks for the 101 ahead. Subject to change if I don't warm into them and Adelaide gets another shot.

yeah, there's not really much wrong with the titans. they aren't overly popular with some sydney clubs (ha!) for buying their players, but whatever.

meeeanwhile, as someone who used to live in hurstville, i'm happy to see canterbury get dicked by the tigers, giving the dragons the minor premiership. who expected that yesterday morning?

would love to see the tigers play like that more often, for a team that can put performances like that together it's criminal their last finals appearance was as long ago as 2005.

i'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet :tsk: but nrl games are going to be televised again in the u.s. they'll be on a really shitty station here called spike, but at least it's a channel widely available here.

Thats quite intresting, I didn't think that rugby would be played on U.S tv, due to the fact that american's don't get it.

But I'm glad to hear rugby is spreading the world. :D

Rigged for her pleasure, I'm sure.

Of what I saw of last night's game, the margin really flattered the Storm. Every time I switched it on the Warriors' defence, even when the Storm had the ball 70 metres away from their try line, was extraordinary.

considering how many games i've watched where the refs have ridden the warriors so hard and invented penalties they lost...

their game against the dragons a couple weeks ago comes to mind.

Back
Top Bottom