NBA 2021-22: Ben Simmons and Kyrie Walk Into A Bar While Talking About The Lakers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Killing myself might be preferable to following any Philadelphia sports team in the next decade. I am now taking suggestions for new hobbies. Please note that I hate animals, the outdoors, and cooking.

Perhaps take up hunting, you can get yourself a bloodhound, spend some time outdoors, shoot some ducks and deer, then skin them and cook them yourself over the campfire you built.

I love this idea that James Harden is so clumsy and careless that the opposing center can stand at the top of the three point arc and steal the ball with relative ease.

Grease on your fingers from your halftime order of chicken wings makes it a bit trickier to handle the ball.

They're going to pay Harden close to $50 million next year. Is there a single one of these mega contracts that has actually worked out in the long run? Maybe Steph?

They're going to pay Harden close to $50 million next year. Is there a single one of these mega contracts that has actually worked out in the long run? Maybe Steph?
Well they have no choice next year since he has a player opt in. But they are absolutely insane if they extend him.

Pretty much all of the players eligible to be extended to the super max (or super max-ish) have disaster written all over it, with the exception of Jokic.

But with Jokic you have a clear case of a guy who makes everyone around him better. You can't really make that case with any of these other guys.

Man if I'm Brooklyn and I just dodged a serious bullet by not having to worry about extending Harden, AND I have a chance to unload Kyrie as well? I'm jumping all over that shit. Get young and quick around KD and hope Simmons decides he wants to play basketball again at some point - but if you have a chance to completely reshape your roster around an unselfish star at a time when teams are getting quicker and deeper? You do that.

The era of the superteam is over.

And wouldn't you know that Miami is one of the teams leading that new revolution. Damn you, Pat Riley. Always ahead of the curve.

Last edited:
And wouldn't you know that Miami is one of the teams leading that new revolution. Damn you, Pat Riley. Always ahead of the curve.

adrien-brody-as-pat-riley

Ok come on that is not a charge on Giannis either.

The first half foul on Tatum he swung his elbow out in an unnatural way. That was a clear foul.

But the last one on Tatum and this one on Giannis are natural shooting motions. If the defender sticks his head in there, it's a foul on the defender's head. If you're going to start calling it a foul anytime there's contact with the head then defenders are going to just throw their head in the way on every damn big play

This all from last year's thread after Net blew out Bucks in game 2 to go up 2-0:

Poor Mike Budenholzer.

There's believing in your system, and then there's just plain old stubbornness. Dude's going to be looking for a job by next week

It feels like their offense is just having a shooting slump while getting good looks (though the Nets have been defending well). But their defense has been awful, giving up an uncontested three every other possession.

The Bucks could have used Bogdanovich, huh?

playoff shooting slumps seem to be a feature, not a bug, in the coach bud system.

I'm totally ok with this. I was willing to give him this year to see if he could take the Bucks further with a different roster. He's definitely not up for the task so it's time to bring Phil Jackson out of retirement and get Giannis his ring already.

Congrats Hewson. Bucks just ran out of steam. Probably would have won in 6 if Middleton was healthy but hard to complain because the Bucks benefited by some injury luck last year.

Celtics are ballin. I think they win it all.

Congrats Hewson. Bucks just ran out of steam. Probably would have won in 6 if Middleton was healthy but hard to complain because the Bucks benefited by some injury luck last year.

Celtics are ballin. I think they win it all.

No question missing Middleton hurt a lot.
Going forward I think the Bucks need to add some younger legs to their rotation though.
Lopez looked good today, but overall his age is showing and Matthews just looks cooked.
Grayson Allen just sucks, but man Jrue Holiday can play. Tough SOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom