Desert Island Mini - LP Island - Rules & Sign Up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello, I haven't been on in a while but I came across this. I would like to partake in this. :)

Trying to cut my list down to 80 has been brutal. I'm still not there. I have multiple variations of it at about 80, and a bunch of great stuff on the cutting room floor. I could easily make a full-length DI list out of this, but A)I can't take it for granted that we'll ever have another full DI, and B)I think 160 minutes of the kind of list I'm making would perhaps be too much for some of you; might get too boring or same-y.

This is really tough. I'm kind of driving myself crazy.

My introductory paragraph is becoming an essay, but I'm having so much fun with it that I might just go with it and have a tldr at the beginning...

80 minutes did fill a lot faster than I anticipated. But I think the editing process ultimately made mine more coherent.

I can't choose between two lists and I'm tempted to log in as my old C0BL_04 parody account to submit the one about Melbourne.

I mean, I really don’t think we should have multiple entries per person, but that’s just like my opinion man.

I expect nobody to critique it seriously, grade it seriously or even listen to it in full. If it’s for the lolz it’s bonus content that won’t count. But I have no problem acknowledging it exists!

I expect nobody to critique it seriously, grade it seriously or even listen to it in full. If it’s for the lolz it’s bonus content that won’t count. But I have no problem acknowledging it exists!

True, considering that we're already acknowledging that this "Australia" actually exists.

Hey LN7, what's the best way to share the very long introduction to my playlist? Should I post it somewhere and just put a link/short para. for the thread. I don't want to make it difficult for people to navigate the thread when it's posted, but at the same time felt like a long text was important for context/explanation given that the playlist has no songs in English.

I can experiment with posting all descriptions in a spoiler, or just yours (with a description above it saying there’s a long description in the spoiler). Depends, would anyone be offput by having them all uniform in their respective own spoiler?

Thanks a lot. I'll send everything to you tomorrow so you can have a look and decide what's best.

I made a change that shortened one track by using a reprise of it, allowing me to fit a track from the essential Getz/Gilberto (no, it's not Girl From Ipanema).

Is 27 songs the most ever for a mini DI? It's got to be up there.

Still have zero ideas for this, either going to do this at the last minute or won't have anything. We'll let Jesus take the wheel from here.

I made a change that shortened one track by using a reprise of it, allowing me to fit a track from the essential Getz/Gilberto (no, it's not Girl From Ipanema).

Extra points from me if it's Doralice.

I know you're joking around, but Jesus Etc may well have made my list if this were a full DI.

I love the song and may have used it in a previous DI. Certainly something from YHF.

I particularly like the live versions with Nels on steel lap guitar.

My list is done just need to write up a quick bit about it.

I decided to stop tinkering and submitted my list a couple of days ago. Can't wait until you guys hear it.

Hey LN7, what's the best way to share the very long introduction to my playlist? Should I post it somewhere and just put a link/short para. for the thread. I don't want to make it difficult for people to navigate the thread when it's posted, but at the same time felt like a long text was important for context/explanation given that the playlist has no songs in English.

I'm pretty sure I recall spoiler tags being used for long overviews in the past?

And re: earlier discussion, yeah there's no way I'm indulgent enough to inflict two lists on you people. I think I've settled on which one to submit—the one that has no real potential to ever be turned into a full-size DI entry.

Back
Top Bottom