Random Facts and Confessions V7.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know how many standards exist? It's ridiculous. And then we can decide whether to use American citation, i.e. in the text, or German, which means in the footnote. Are you using , or :, do you shorten the first name, do you put title or author in italics....
The uni doesn't give one standard. We have a reader which tells you how not to do it, but there is no universal rule applied as how to exactly do it.

Hmm, could be that your faculty would have one standard. Here it's pretty common to have one or two standards for one faculty. Like APA for psychology studies, MLA/Chicago for media studies, etc...

Our school is not prestigious enough to attract too many Professors from abroad. Adding to that, pay is not that great compared to some other countries, and Hochschulen don't provide Professors with an assistant etc. So we are stuck with German professors who, although very good at what they do, are having trouble to teach in English. And we students complain because we want more native speakers. It's quite a difference whether the Professor in front is 'save' in the language he speaks or not.

Many of my co-students aren't too great either. There is a great discrepancy. Some are not good at languages, or have been out of school for quite a while and never talked that language in the meantime, and start pretty much anew (especially difficult for East Germans who are a little older and pretty much only learnt Russian), while others are very good, almost native.

Oh, that's quite some things at once. Hope all will go well for your grandmother!

wow I didn't know about this problem. I just assumed if you're doing your studies in business/economics all should have a certain level.

Merci Leif! My dad (his mother) just emailed me they'll turn off the life-supporting machine tommorrow. :|
And the best thing is that I only get emails...though everyone knows that I only have internet when I'm at school or in the library...:|

Anna, I am SOOOOO sorry to hear that! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry I didn't react earlier, but I haven't been in this part of the forum for a while and just read your last pm. I hope you had a chance to visit her and say Goodbye, that's so important. I wish you and your family a lot of strength. And all the best for you and your exams. I'm sure everything will work out fine. :)

wow I didn't know about this problem. I just assumed if you're doing your studies in business/economics all should have a certain level.

Merci Leif! My dad (his mother) just emailed me they'll turn off the life-supporting machine tommorrow. :|
And the best thing is that I only get emails...though everyone knows that I only have internet when I'm at school or in the library...:|

English is a requirement, but not for admission.

I'm sorry to hear that. :hug: Certainly not the best way to learn about it at all.

So sorry to hear that, Anna :hug: I know how tough that is... I wish you and your family nothing but strength. Good luck with everything in these times.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. This is rough stuff!

wow thank you everyone for your wishes/ pm's! :hug::hug::hug:

sometimes it's just too much. this constant struggle with my studies at two universities is already demanding enough from me. i just called my mom cause i feel total lost and i can't decide on anything right now. i don't talk etc. that much with my mum, so that's saying something...

I want to sleep for hours straight. No, make that days. And I wish some people would just get it in their thick heads that the world doesn't evolve around them (they would stare at me right now totally flabbergasted going "Seriously? *gasp* I didn't know that! :ohmy:") Yes, seriously. Get a grip. Show some emotions. Show some sympathy. It's not all take, take, take, you know :|

Oh and on a happier note, I am finally starting to stand up for myself more. No more ms. nice girl. When I don't agree, you'll know it. Only when it's justified, of course, otherwise I'd just be a crabby bitch :wink:

sounds like emotional exhaustion, maybe? hope life gets back on track soon.
:hug:

Yes, indeed! They are not like eating a candy bar; but if you just need a little chocolate taste to take they edge off, I highly recommend them! :hug:

they sound awesome. i wonder if we get them here? i have only seen the regular cheerios in shops. i just had cereal for lunch. i'm terrible. kellogs are terrible. i'm weak!
:sad:

Sure hope everything is okay!

for Anna :hug:

Purple- You need a mazooka and shoot whatever is out there! :ohmy:

thanks lovely ladeez . . . turned out to be my slightly inebriated neighbour looking for his kitteh . . . it was probably trying to escape the bourbon fumes in his house :lmao: . . . slightly inebriated is being polite . . . he was hammered with a capital h . . .:lol: . . . came over and apologised this afternoon . . . what a hoot!!!!

you haven't been around anywhere near as much these days, kayla! how's life?

Haha yeah being legal makes me have to go out a lot :p, i also have a boyfriend who takes my time and i have recently graduated high school. No time!!! Other then that stressful and amazing all at the same time i guess. Having no work sucked but it gave me time to be young for a month and not worry about anything. How about you?

^^^^I'd just want to take a year off, no gaps if i go back i go for good so i can make money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom