Winter (Song) (DISCUSSION ONLY)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know the intro doesnt bother me as much that it sounds like coldplay...what bothers me is that it sounds like its being played off of a casio keyboard from toys r us.

:lol: very true!!

also, yeah, it sounds like coldplay.

Hmm. This song is alright. Definitely unfinished. If reworked a lot I can definitely see it being a great song, but as it is I'm very glad they left it off the album.

Knowing Bono though the butter on toast line will stay..."CMON GUYS THATS LIKE MY BEST LINE SINCE FREEDOM HAS A SCENT"

there's something about it that comes across as a little ... generic. I dunno, it's like I want to be moved by it, but can't quite do it. The spoken word bridge does nothing for me, though the opera end is cool. But it definitely need something more, like a guitar solo.

yknow, it DOES sound like of like Mercy ... except not nearly as good. :/

listening to it more and comparing... yeah, I think it's Mercy :| Why U2 why?!?!

Maybe I'm wrong though. maybe Mercy will show up on the next album as a companion piece :drool:

listening to it more and comparing... yeah, I think it's Mercy :| Why U2 why?!?!

Maybe I'm wrong though. maybe Mercy will show up on the next album as a companion piece :drool:

Yeah after I recognized the similarities I thought it would be cool if they started the next album off with Winter and then have the riff speed up and get distorted and go into Mercy on the second track.

But knowing the writing process, they probably have left Mercy behind after it evolved into Winter.

i really don't think it's as bad as some of you are saying it is. the guitar part is very dark. it's moody, atmospheric........and it's a non-album track! enjoy it for what it is!

Is the audio that bad or is it only my Mp3 that sucks in audio quality?

Well, it has the potential to become a great song. If Edge was serious about feeling that it wasn't finished this one still has a chance.

I do like the general "mood" with the interesting guitar going on in the background. Vocals are ok, but not great in some spots. Just doesn't flow too well.

What's with the Coldplay intro????

:huh:

Could've been a great tune. I like it at the 2:00 minute mark...nice hook.

That fact that they threw it away better mean there are great tunes in the vault.:angry:

I like it alot better than Boots or SUC.

And I don't think it's Mercy at all.

Like butter on toast???

Butter on toast???

Good God!!!!

:no: :no: :no:

I actually do like it though. Still, I don't think it's good enough to be on NLOTH. It's too bad they didn't work on it more and get something out of it. I like the chorus a lot. And I don't see how this song means they have a bunch of great songs in the vault. It could mean that other than NLOTH songs there's nothing very good in the vault, this being one of those songs.

Back
Top Bottom