Winter (Song) (DISCUSSION ONLY)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think it has a little bit of a Waterboys vibe too in some places... it's growing on me more now...

Great song

They spent 16 months on SUC (i like that song by the way)

another month on this song it would of been pure gold. This is the new Mercy for NLOTH

I really really dig it

lol. that was my thought too. maybe it's because the rip is so damn horrible though.

Good song, but it's clear that this isn't a complete tune. Vocals are a bit shaky and the whole thing seems a bit "Mercy-like". A song with lots of potential that just isn't finished. Hopefully we'll see it on the coming album, but in a completed version.

i like it. i like it much better than crazy tonight, suc, and goyb (and i like all those songs). when i get a good copy it will go in my playlist of the album.

Though I only heard it in bad quality mp3
I like the song and I like the "We're like butter on toast" and " bullits in guns" and all lyrics too...
It's a great song and the message comes over 'point'
It's like your out there yourself. Another great one though unfinnished

I can't believe the news today the beginning of the son is exactly like viva la vida.

what a shame !!! very disappointed also by the rest of the song.

Good Song, not great at all. But the worst (or best) thing is that it would make a much much better finish to the album than the boring and pointless Cedars of Lebanon. Since 91 we don't have a beautiful killer last song like Love is Blindness, "40" or Mothers. It's a shame.

First misstep was No line album version much worse than the single version and now this.

I think the quality of this outtake is a good sign of the creative health of the band these days.

Good Song, not great at all. But the worst (or best) thing is that it would make a much much better finish to the album than the boring and pointless Cedars of Lebanon. Since 91 we don't have a beautiful killer last song like Love is Blindness, "40" or Mothers. It's a shame.

First misstep was No line album version much worse than the single version and now this.

:shurg: i like the closer to the album, why are you trying to turn this into yet another negative thread?

Winter sounds like a fairly deliberate Coldplay tribute if I have ever heard one...

Music, lyrics etc...

Words would land on me
Then abandoned me...

Rhymes sprang in me
Summer sang in me...

Tryin to stay alive...

Butter on toast
Is like finding ghosts...

LOL... ok Bono, I get it...

Sounds like you've been seeing birds flying at the speed of sound, making little white shadows, to remind you where it all began, to remind us all that "you are"...

Bono has decided he can no longer stand with his head stuck in the sand (we all feel that way sometimes) and obviously climbed a ladder up to the sun and written this song that's never been sung, something that's never been done!

Oh what a thing to do! Oooh-oooh-oooh!

What a great song, high up or down low, I listen and I can't let it go!

As Chris Martin once sang "hear the words I sing, war is a horrid thing, so listen to these words I bring, ding-a-ling-a-ling!"

Hell, the first word of Winter is even 'Yellow'...!

what are you talking about?? Pop had Wake up dead man which was brilliant and okay ATYCLB had Grace which was shit but HTDAAB had a pretty cool closing track.

Oh and Ceders is an awesome song as well as I think they made the right choice with NLOTH the song.

good coldplay cover althought it feels a bit unfinished yet.
great to see that they sort of pay tribute to chris martin's wonderfull band.
Long overdue if you ask me lol

God when do they finally announce the tour:drool:

where did this get found? Trying to find the "discovery" post but can't seem to locate it. It was streamed from U2.com? Where?

I hate u2.com.

Someone who got the actual album ripped it from Linear (thats my guess)

Looks like theres something to look forward to next album.. this would make an awesome single despite the VLV comparison. :up:

What you dont get that some people think differentley to you?

Of course I get that. That's what's great, people have different opinions.

From my perspective, I don't get the raving.

Boy some of you touchy on this board. :combust:

Minus the obvious VLV references this song sounds greatly Unforgettable Fire....Love comes tumbling guitars anyone? I wish they finished it. This song has huge potential.

Back
Top Bottom