Raised By Wolves - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like this song until, oddly enough, the chorus. The "I don't believe" bits are great. Then he starts screeching "Raised by wolves!" and it sound so incredibly out of place and lyrically off-setting that it makes me wonder if Bono combined several lyrical ideas into one song.

agree with this. "I don't believe" is incredible, then the chorus I kind of cringe to. Which sucks, because outside of that, the rest of the song is frigging awesome.

Loving this song...

Do you guys think there's some vocal processing on "I don't believe anymore" on the word "believe"? It sounds warbly on that word like a touch of auto-tune....just saying

still a great song

The tension on rhis one is tremendous... i think there was no such thing like this in a u2 song since exit.

And yes, let the edge be praised.

So pleased to have this u2 back.

Help me out here, folks.

I really like the first and third verses of this one, but WTF is Bono going on about in the second verse? How in the world does that fit with the story he's telling in the rest of the song?

Am I missing something, or is this just normal Bono lyrical clunkiness?

He said he wasn't present during the bombing incident. Maybe he was with friends and someone was trying to give him a stick-and-poke tattoo?

It's odd.

I think I read that this same friend who witnessed the bombing also became addicted to heroin later in life. The second verse is about this.

I am surprised no one mentioned it earlier but to me the chorus sounds like... Linkin' Park, which is not a good thing. But overall this song is quite good.

This is my 7 year old son's favorite song. I love the "I don't believe..." but find the "raised by wolves" too harsh. This one may sound better on a proper CD or vinyl...

This song has been my #1 favourite all along. Angry political U2 like how we used to love 'em! But I do prefer the verses to the chorus which is a bit lacking. And the song kind of quickly ends after the second chorus if I'm remembering right. Wish it had been a bit longer or something, with a proper outro.

The whole album itself is filled with short songs in general. Leaves me wanting for more when it ends.

This just in, Boston garage band finds a way to get more hits on their website by claiming first dibs on a widely used phrase.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It is almost an excellent song; I love the verses, the lyrics, the chorus is a slight let-down; had the chorus been stronger, this would have been track of the album.

The the prechorus is cheesy, the chorus is screechy and dull, and the intro and verses sound like a David Brent song. I don't get the love for this tune.

Back
Top Bottom