Shuttlecock XVI - Cobbler's Revenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw that teaser clip about 2 or 3 times. Now I can't recall how it sounded like. Which is great, cause if it's good I might end up playing it to death. :shifty:

Honestly wasn't expecting them to release 2 songs in a 1-week period. Good start to the cycle.

I'm now used to listening to couple of pre-released songs before actually listening to albums because good number of artists tend to do that now

Last edited:
that clip inspires nothing in me whatsoever, but looking forward to hearing the song, which should be in about 15 hours if I've got my timing right.

Well that was pretty muscular. How much of a hybrid between the live performance and the studio recording remains to be seen.

A fairly memorable chorus though it's mainly about the groove, particularly Adam (Larry isn't doing anything noteworthy).

Most importantly, it doesn't seem like they're trying too hard like the last two lead singles. This is a good thing.

loads of music opinions that i respect in here, genuinely gutted i'm not on board with you guys with regards to the new song. perhaps i'll come round to it, but this type of music does nothing for me.

then again, it's getting muse/killer comparisons which isn't my thing either so perhaps this boat isn't for me in the first place.

It's funny, the newest Killers song sounds like they were channeling U2 and the newest U2 song sounds like they were channeling the Killers.

Everything is a circle.

I'm relieved it's not another Boots or Miracle. Adam's in top form here. Probably no surprise that Bono is the weakest link, but even he's generally decent except when trying and failing to channel HMTMKMKM-style "oh oh oh"s at the end.

I dig it. The chorus is stuck in my head. Have to go to work now but I want to see the full lyrics. It seemed like the second verse was hitting on some age old but also topical political ground. (Statues falling, shitty leaders, etc.)

Why did they make the exact same video as the one they made for Invisible though??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom