The Cobblers Two 156 Roma St, Brisbane QLD 4000, Australia - Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's brilliant.

I had a dream I was going to school and the whole area got flooded and I escaped but I realised I had lost my bag. I later found it shredded and covered in blood next to a bridge. WTF. :huh:

Stupid lame dreams that aren't as good as Reggo's.
Oh, my brain dreams some weird shit. Like Dave's room, if it were truly my grandmother's house, is actually a coat closet. And I kept watching a video on my BlackBerry of nerds. Like, the candy. In rainbow colours. It made a lot of noise for some reason. Now I remember what Robert Smith was doing there. He was a chef. And that wasn't his hair, it was a poufy black chef's toque. Maybe there's a stealth pun in that as well.

Oh, and in that dream I owned everyone in tennis with a squash racquet. :huh:

There was an interesting Crowded House doco about their album "Woodface" last night on SBS1, I watched.

Not that anyone in here cares about the football, but the Colts are winning :hyper:. This is turning into a fun day for me.

Wait. Am I losing my mind, or was that post previously about the shooting in Arizona? cause if it wasn't, I'm hallucinating.

Don't leave me hanging when I think I've hallucinated something! :tinfoilhat: I'm afraid to go back to CNN, terrified I've hallucinated the Arizona shooting.

ETA: Okay, the CNN story is still there. Phew. But that doesn't account for me seeing Ashley's reaction post if it did not, in fact, exist.

It was about the shooting, but I decided I didn't really want to talk about that in here, so I edited it to something no one in here cares about: American Football.

It was about the shooting, but I decided I didn't really want to talk about that in here, so I edited it to something no one in here cares about: American Football.

Thanks for the half-hour of paranoia! :up: :crazy:

I'm terrified of having a daylight hallucination. It's one of my many fears, like being struck by lightning, falling from a great height and ginormous fucking spiders.

Fuck you, iPod. Just...Sigh. Fuck you.

I had to wipe its hard drive and restore it to factory settings because it decided to lose its mind tonight. Christ.

Not unlike its owner, I suppose.

well, it's dead. I've restored it three times. My iPod has died. Damn.

Hi folks, am here today. :wave:

Spent yesterday up in Macedon and Daylesford with Charlotte and Alison ... got some good photos, will post them soon. Still working on 2010 stuff at the moment.

Those of you on Ticketmaster Australia's mailing list, did you just get the e-mail for "Jon English in The Rock Show"? Good god, that looks like pretty much the worst thing ever.

I am having serious iPod withdrawals.

..And my mom liked my Facebook update announcing the iPod's death. I'm tempted to send it to failbook.

Hi folks, am here today. :wave:

Spent yesterday up in Macedon and Daylesford with Charlotte and Alison ... got some good photos, will post them soon. Still working on 2010 stuff at the moment.

My legs hurt... :reject: *unfit*

Those of you on Ticketmaster Australia's mailing list, did you just get the e-mail for "Jon English in The Rock Show"? Good god, that looks like pretty much the worst thing ever.

I haven't copped that one yet! Can't wait... :|

I am having serious iPod withdrawals.

..And my mom liked my Facebook update announcing the iPod's death. I'm tempted to send it to failbook.

:hug:

It should've been Facebook that died, not the iPod. :sad:

This.

In TMI news, it sucks to be a girl today.

Also, holy shit there was an amazing sunset last night. Saw the remains of it as I drove home... wish I'd been able to stop and take a photo!

Oh, iPods. Mine blew up before I went to Europe in 2009. But then it was very old and I was amazed it had been working smoothly up until then (I got it secondhand in 2006). Coughed up for a new one to avoid going insane.

My legs hurt... :reject: *unfit*

Heh, really? Here I was, thinking we really didn't do much walking ...

Also, holy shit there was an amazing sunset last night. Saw the remains of it as I drove home... wish I'd been able to stop and take a photo!

Huh, didn't notice at all! Not that it's easy to see much in the way of the setting sun from our balconies.

I'm going to try one last time. If it works, I will sing the praises of idiot-proof apple devices for a long time following. If not, i have a paperweight. :|

Good luck!

Heh, really? Here I was, thinking we really didn't do much walking ...

Huh, didn't notice at all! Not that it's easy to see much in the way of the setting sun from our balconies.

I think my leg aches are more from going down that steep bit down to the falls, and maybe also when I fell over a bit. We didn't do enough walking on level ground to justify it!

It's a bit annoying that you don't get much of a view from your balconies.

Ooh, good stuff! :up:

Been very busy uploading photos today, personally ...

I think I shall rename it though. It previously was named after one of Adam Clayton's nicknames. Now I'm thinking either Dr Lazarus, from Galaxy Quest, or Darth Vader. No one else who's come back from the dead (or near-dead) is coming to mind at the moment. Calling it "jessie's ipod" is impersonal and bland. I have an intensely personal relationship with my iPod; it's practically a pet. It needs a name.

And I just overshared and sounded like I love my iPod a little too much, didn't I? :laugh:

My iPod, also has a bland name. I have no ideas.

Well, to rename it, you have to restore it to its factory settings. Meaning all your music, music videos, pictures, and movies are wiped. And if you have stuff that's ONLY on your iPod and nowhere else, you're hosed with getting that back. Mine held onto a Pink Floyd song through me actually trying to fuck it up and it held fast, so I'm restoring it one last time to give it a good name. :hmm:

...I told Dave my iPod had a few hours of temporary insanity.

He said it happens to the best of us, but he's usually out of his mind.

I thought he was joking, and told him, quite honestly, that he's the sanest person I know.

He said that was scary.

I giggled and agreed.

He replied, "Especially since I'm legally insane."

wtf.gif
Uhm, what? He's kidding, right? Maybe it's just clinical depression. I mean, it's not like he's Donnie-Darko batshit schizo or something. I'd've noticed him talking to an invisible bunny rabbit. But I don't know how to respond to this and not have it go off into left field. Although, we're kind of dancing past the shortstop already, aren't we? /baseballmetaphor

ETA: :banghead: Apparently one of his buddies has told him that if you do LSD more than x-amount of times, you're declared legally insane. Which is an urban legend and no such law exists. Oh, the addicted are gullible. :doh:

He's a very interesting character, that Dave, and it would take a lot of willpower to not punch in the face if I ever came across him. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom