Gnaw Bone, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty sure the geezer would thank you for that.

Besides, you're only as old as the woman you feel. In the last year I've aged from 25 to 23. None of this 29 nonsense.

Ha ha.

And I'm not feeling any right now, but judging by the relationship turmoil of most people I know right now, perhaps that's not such a bad thing. I'm getting work done, and getting to travel to my own idiosyncratic whims, so I can't complain much.

It'd be awesome if I wasn't getting sick every few weeks so I could actually be productive recording. Can't sing when you don't have a voice.

Solution: record shoegaze so that you can mix the vocals so low, nobody knows you have a cold.

A lot of people are going to really struggle to make it in. Students+campus right in the middle of the city? You know we aren't driving in.

Yeah, when we have bad weather here, the school goes on a 2 hour delayed schedule, and then all the classes are slightly shorter to make up for it. If it's really bad, they cancel it entirely.

They've emailed us to tell us if it's impossible to make the test, let them know.

Given I rely on the Harbour Bridge to get there, and home (duh) I'm pretty sure that if they do close it, it'll be once I'm in the city. Which means a convoluted way I don't even know to get home.

Plus I haven't slept and me doing a test on a subject I'm struggling with on no sleep, not knowing how to get home....that's a bad combination.

Solution: record shoegaze so that you can mix the vocals so low, nobody knows you have a cold.

I actually recorded some vocals for my synthpop project when I had a slight cold once. Very Ian Curtis sounding.

So after the last couple of weeks, I'm guessing even more of the Zealandia continent will be submerged.

I actually recorded some vocals for my synthpop project when I had a slight cold once. Very Ian Curtis sounding.

I'm guessing it worked out a bit better then than everybody's "favourite" U2 song recorded while Bono was clearly sick, Party Girl. I can't believe they put that vocal on record or that the song managed to go on to become so popular live after such an inauspicious beginning.

Also, I've always found black metal vocals easiest to do when recovering from a cold. You don't have to try to sound phlegmy, you know?

(I think most of the recording of Pop I think Bono didn't have the voice and Edge had to do LOTS OF backup vocal or even dual lead-vocal)

Actually, this reminds me of a point I was going to make. There are some people that just get irrationally upset any time U2 does anything that will make money and promote them.

U2 did an iPod commercial? Sell outs!

U2 are releasing a pointless box set? Cash grab!

U2 made a radio-friendly single and/or collaborated with a younger, popular artist? How dare they try to gain a broader audience?!

I have to wonder, who do these people think U2 are? Honestly. They're "the biggest band in the world" for a reason.

It's kind of a hipster idea, that music should be so deeply ingrained and personal that being "popular" is a detriment. That all bands should quit as soon as they gain an audience, that they should never play before a crowd of more than 200, that they should certainly never become rich.

I'm guessing it worked out a bit better then than everybody's "favourite" U2 song recorded while Bono was clearly sick, Party Girl. I can't believe they put that vocal on record or that the song managed to go on to become so popular live after such an inauspicious beginning.
don't forget about shadows and tall trees, with him clearing his throat at the beginning. unlike party girl, it's not really a beloved track (nor is it even performed live), but it's another example of him singing with a cold that i can think of.

Back
Top Bottom