Random Music Talk LIX: (but doesn't suck)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had nothing good. And Community is on TV.

I remember when JT stole my first thread when I was about three seconds from making it. Dalton had a good laugh.

Thanks for the ticket offer cobs but I've got a sister in law with nothing else going on that morning.

I just read that Mondo Cane is a Mike Patton from Faith No More side project. Looks cool.

Italian opera mike Patton, or something that might actually be interesting mike Patton?

I still can't figure out if I'm curious cos it might be good, or curious cos I want a good laugh. That reminds me, I still never actually bought those tomahawk albums when I went on that faith no more binge a few months back.

Italian opera mike Patton, or something that might actually be interesting mike Patton?

Most of Mike Patton is interesting. You might not like the guy, but to call his work uninteresting is simply... wrong, to be as eloquent as possible.

Anyway, as far as 2012 music goes, and as someone who is a fan of Noir Desir and would like to get into more African music, I'm digging this currently:

Amadou & Mariam - Oh Amadou (feat. Bertrand Cantat) - YouTube

djerdap said:
Most of Mike Patton is interesting. You might not like the guy, but to call his work uninteresting is simply... wrong, to be as eloquent as possible.

Anyway, as far as 2012 music goes, and as someone who is a fan of Noir Desir and would like to get into more African music, I'm digging this currently:

Amadou & Mariam - Oh Amadou (feat. Bertrand Cantat) - YouTube

I meant more of something I'm interested in than actually interesting. I like Patton. The man is insane.

Things I'd be quoting and responding to if the old thread were still open:

Martha said something about not even liking tiny earthquakes, I was going to make a Tori Amos joke.

LeMeL and JT said something about Fleet Foxes not following a fad or trend, I would have mentioned Trials of Van Occupanther.

Cobbler said he'd never listened to a truck load of awesome artists, I would have said friggin' Cobbler.

u2popmofo said:
LeMeL and JT said something about Fleet Foxes not following a fad or trend, I would have mentioned Trials of Van Occupanther.

Thing is, they're a lot more pop on that album than Fleet Foxes ever were (I hear some Fleetwood Mac in their vocals), and that's not a bad thing at all. Great record.

I think maybe Band of Horses, another Phil Ek find, have something in common with the Fleet Foxes sound too.

Martha said something about not even liking tiny earthquakes, I was going to make a Tori Amos joke.

I almost made a Tori Amos joke while the thread was still open but then I saw that picture of cobl and the accompanying green meme and giggled myself to sleep.

Yeah, Mines had some cool songs. Did you listen to the album before that, Friend and Foe? I think I might have even liked that one more.

So apparently Bon Iver's upcoming iTunes session has a cover of Bjork's Who Is It. I like that song quite a bit, may have to check it out.

Speaking of Bjork, in retrospect, I'm extremely disappointed in her last two albums. Neither had any staying power. :(

Laz - I like the Saint Etienne album quite a bit! I'm not a huge fan of her voice, but by the end of the record I'd decided I liked the music behind it enough to want to buy it.

Pity it's only available as an import right now.

(No, I will not buy the MP3 version. See last thread.)

I'm worried about the price being exorbitant for these tickets, but it seems pretty unmissable. On the other hand, I've gotta buy Funfunfunfest VIPs tomorrow, so St. Byrncent probably isn't in the cards.

Laz - I like the Saint Etienne album quite a bit! I'm not a huge fan of her voice, but by the end of the record I'd decided I liked the music behind it enough to want to buy it.

Pity it's only available as an import right now.

(No, I will not buy the MP3 version. See last thread.)

12 bucks on WOW HD with free shipping. (I swear I don't work for them.)

Words & Music | WOW HD US

I cashed in a bunch of credits on Amazon and got the deluxe MP3 version, though honestly I could have done without all the remixes. I haven't even listened to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom