Random Music Talk CXVI: The world doesn't actually revolve around Mack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So the new Avalanches. It's no Since I Left You but it's damn good. Great album for listening to at the pool in Bali.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

Just found this kool new band called "Smashmouth". Really digging them. Can't get enough. Have you guys ever heard of this "Smashmouth" before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've been doing that for ages. They have to run big music news like that. I reckon if you looked at it 95% of their news is (and has been) "blah blah blah, XXX reports"

Man, it doesn't take much to run a music website anymore. This is hands down the laziest "news article" I've ever seen on Pitchfork:

Lil Wayne Sued by American Express | Pitchfork

Four sentences. They just linked to something TMZ wrote and threw in an unrelated anecdote in the last sentence.

Pitchfork reporting Radiohead's website going blank and their tweets being deleted was lazier than that article, actually.

I would have helped Peef with his business venture, but I couldn't even last a week in that old lemonade stand game without running it into the ground.

Last edited:
Does anyone here understand taxes/small business finances? Have a somewhat sudden decision to make and need some thoughts.

If it's not too late, ask away. I've had my own business for about 5 years now, so I'm familiar with this stuff. Don't necessarily understand it all, but...

Alan Vega passed away :(

I've not known any Suicide, but I know they've been a big influence on a lot of music I love - any recommendations of something I could listen to?

And I can't wait for him to still friggin' Cobbler those two albums.

Alan Vega passed away :(

I've not known any Suicide, but I know they've been a big influence on a lot of music I love - any recommendations of something I could listen to?

A cliche choice but it's just that good:

Also, I was shocked to learn that Vega was 78 years old. Considering when Suicide first appeared that's shocking. He's 3 years older than Bob Dylan.

Back
Top Bottom