Random Music Talk LIX: (but doesn't suck)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, he had like a three or four octave range. Mariah claimed she had five (I seriously doubt that she does anymore).

Yeah, I think she's lost much of her seriously-upper range, the dog-whistle stuff. I think she's said as much in interviews that years of oversinging left it shot.

Adele, Mariah, Bono .... if you're gonna push your voice repeatedly for a long period of time, you'd best learn how to do it the right way, or you're gonna have some problems.

I don't doubt that. It's scary sometimes how high some people can push their voices. I remember getting put into the wrong section in choir in school and I was singing songs in higher registers than my voice could go. Eeesh.

I would love to join in on some karaoke with you, Cori. I'm not a great singer by any stretch, but the idea just sounds fun. Queen and George Michael sound like great artist choices. I'd be in for that.

(I could maybe do all right on some Fiona Apple, though, like "Criminal" or something. My voice is lower, so it might work.)

I will not be singing in public at any time in the foreseeable future.

I would like a post card, ms m.

Someone should bump the Interference Cover Song thread with a choon

Two more days of class and I'll have loads of time.

I was working on an Exile Vilify cover for a while, but it was embarrassing. It had this weird Antlers-esque post-rock thing going on, but just really bad.

I've never heard this skrillex thing. Person. Band. Whatever it is. I don't think I want to. I've hear more linkin park than I wish to have heard, but any linkin park is more than anyone should ever have to hear.
couldn't have said it better myself.

Someone should bump the Interference Cover Song thread with a choon
:hmm: I'm tempted to do this just for the hell of it. But what song do I pick? Maybe U2's "Gone"? Or should I actively try to destroy your eardrums with an attempt at opera? Decisions, decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom