Shuttlecock XVI - Cobbler's Revenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It seems like it may make an odd appearance at a show here and there, but is by no means a staple :( I'd be shattered too.

Perhaps they are keen to revive it for the Songs of Experience tour, executed differently maybe?

Bad may become less regular after the good run it is having now.
My reservation is that this tour is UF/JT heavy (by nature), so they may scale down on the nonessential live songs from this particular era.

Don't mean to sound unrelentingly negative - I definitely mean to be negative, but not exclusively. The album's positives are well known and I loved it. RHMT, IGC, Mothers live? My god I loved it. One Tree Hill? So many emotions all at once. Exit? One of the best live songs I've ever seen U2 play, it's that fucking good.

What about Trip?

Yeah holy shit that Bad/Heroes is incredible. Was not expecting him to go for it during the crescendo at all. Pretty jealous that we got "come / look for aahhhhmerrica" over that.

Laz has expressed this before but I do feel more and more lucky I saw the LA shows the more the tour goes on. I can barely remember ASOH and couldn't see a thing, so that breaks my heart because I was up closer the next night in anticipation of seeing it and being able to hold onto the experience forever, BUT, I still got to hear it (have to remind myself of that) and both nights Bad was in the encore. Seeing them with the light still up would suuuuck, too.

I don't think Axver would actively admit that he enjoyed Trip, even if it was the greatest moment of his life (which would be sad).

Personally, I thought it was so good and the band seemed to be having so much fun with it that I had to question why it hasn't received a rotational spot even once over the past 25 years. It would have been a great fit for the b stage on I+E.

Ax was dancing from Beautiful Day to Ultra Violet like he was listening to hundred A Sort of Homecomings.

I personally got to hear the uncastrated version of Mysterious Ways for the very first time, so I was very happy about that setlist-wise. Otherwise, Bad/"Heroes" and Exit (a monstrous live song) were the highlights, along with Don't Look Back in Anger being a cool little unique experience in the end at the 1st night. Noel had an entertaining opening set.

Altogether, it was very fun for those two nights.

Personally, I thought it was so good and the band seemed to be having so much fun with it that I had to question why it hasn't received a rotational spot even once over the past 25 years. It would have been a great fit for the b stage on I+E.

I guess the only explanation is that it wasn't a single. Not that the casual viewer is going to be more likely to recognize When Love Comes To Town.

Hopefully this tour puts that idea in their heads.
probably not

trip was lots of fun (second best side-b track after exit, IMO), and absolutely should have been played more often in previous tours. but seeing it live seems to have ruined the visuals i had in my mind for that song. i listened to JT this morning for the first time since the show. previously when i heard trip i would picture flying low over a desert in a small plane. now i can't picture anything other than a strange-looking woman in a bikini painting an american flag on a shed. same with red hill mining town - i used to picture a run down ghost town full of rough-looking dirty miners, and now it's nothing but a salvation army brass band just sitting there playing along.

it's a minor complaint, i just hope that my memories of the concert can eventually be compartmentalized because i really don't want to think about that lady or trombone players every time i listen to the album from now on.

same with red hill mining town - i used to picture a run down ghost town full of rough-looking dirty miners, and now it's nothing but a salvation army brass band just sitting there playing along.

Hope this helps:

X14043-05.jpg

i can't get over those sweatpants in a music video about miners from 1986. no wonder they never released the damn thing.

i can't get over those sweatpants in a music video about miners from 1986. no wonder they never released the damn thing.

Its like McGuinne$$ called Adam and said "where are you, we have a video shoot starting in 5 minutes". Adam wiped the sleep from his eyes, said, "oh shit, I'm on my way" jumped out of bed and drove to the set in the clothes he was sleeping in.

A couple of years ago a few people took the same avatar (I think it was Vintage Punk's originally), but in increasingly smaller size as a bit of fun, elfa got the smallest one and has kept it since if I recall.

pretty sure that was only last fall shortly before the election. i think it started in one of the election threads in FYM when people couldn't tell you and gareth brown apart and people noticed that VP and a couple others also had the same avatar and it spun off from that. it definitely wasn't a couple of years ago, way more recent than that.

pretty sure that was only last fall shortly before the election. i think it started in one of the election threads in FYM when people couldn't tell you and gareth brown apart and people noticed that VP and a couple others also had the same avatar and it spun off from that. it definitely wasn't a couple of years ago, way more recent than that.
My concept of time must be way off then.
Wasn't it awesome last week when U2 performed at Live Aid?

This must be the first time since they began that there wasn't a setlist party thread on interference.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom