Random Music Talk LIX: (but doesn't suck)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is another tried-and-true RT topic.

I fucking hate winter. Far too cold. Not sure how I'd survive in a place where the temp hovers at or below 0C during winter.

I hated San Fran's "summer chill". So cold.

It snows at least 4 feet here every winter, or we're considered in drought.

My band is better than your band
My love is bigger than your love

Time of the Last Persecution by Bill Fay is a tremendous album. It reminds me of Neil Young's On The Beach, in the sense that it's extremely dark and unsettling while also very human. It kind of sounds like Fay is shriveling up and dying as you listen. And yet, it kind of rocks in a way. There are some cool guitar freakouts that remind me of what Jeff Tweedy does on A Ghost Is Born. It's a tough album to describe, probably sounds good on muscle relaxers.

Youtube's letting me down, but Dust Filled Room is probably my favorite at the moment.

More like barbecue sauce, as I'm still firing up the grill and hosting peeps in my backyard in January.
Oh GOOOOD for you.
I want to buy a new car. I also want to buy a dog. Which is more important?
I have never had a pet and don't consider myself much of a pet person either, so I would recommend the car. I'm a practical man (get off my case, etc.).
I still fire up the grill in January. Sure, it's 20 degrees out, but grills get mighty warm.
See, Laz? IWB is manner than you are, and she isn't even a man. Your mustache can't handle this.
I fucking hate winter. Far too cold. Not sure how I'd survive in a place where the temp hovers at or below 0C during winter.
You just man the fuck up and deal with it. The northeast US is the only place in the world that makes any sense, so I don't question it just because it's cold during the cold months.

Last call for postcard addresses. We leave a week from tomorrow.

Which is quite daunting, because we need to clear two rooms entirely filled with books by then. One is nearly done, but the furniture still has to be moved.

Anyway, PM me if you want a postcard. Please include your real name.

Oh GOOOOD for you.

See, Laz? IWB is manner than you are, and she isn't even a man. Your mustache can't handle this.

Guess who likes his filet mignon marinated for at least 4 hours before being put on the fire?

pete-campbell.jpg

I really feel that "club can't even handle me right now" is one of the best lines to come out of music, if only for the sheer entertainment it has provided me through its use in memes.

Which is quite daunting, because we need to clear two rooms entirely filled with books by then. One is nearly done, but the furniture still has to be moved.

Can you make them rude postcards? I don't mean the image on the post card has to be rude, but the message written on it. I bet that hardly ever happens

If we don't get a decent winter here this year, I'm going to kick something.

I was pretty bummed about this last year, and this year has been far too mild already.

I've been so busy lately, I've been skimming this thread a lot. Did I miss something? Where are you going? I want a postcard :)
I really feel that "club can't even handle me right now" is one of the best lines to come out of music, if only for the sheer entertainment it has provided me through its use in memes.

I don't know that I've ever seen one of these memes.

Out West. I haven't been specific with my itinerary, but it involves canyons, ruins, and hot weather. :love:

Pass me a PM with an address.

Enjoy yourself. I'm trying to soak in as much of this beautiful day as possible, because when it hits 100 here on Thursday, I may die.

On the way!

So, it turns out the motor just needed to be kick-started (quite literally), so the AC works again. Or at least it did, but now the pulley's being stupid. So one more night of no air con, but at least it seems cooler tonight than last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom