3 Irishmen and a Dutchman Walk Into A Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saved Headache the headache and posted on the main FB group because again, info was in the small group only as of an hour ago. :|

"The fan line for Saturday show has started at the Sands Ave location.
You cannot attend tonight's show and get a number for this GA line.
There will be 1 or 2 check ins during tonight's show and if you are not present, you will be removed from the line. See them for their additional rules."

:crack:

There are the folks willing to leave during the last song to get back on the line for the following day. Also, who’s in Vegas to stop by a line during the hours of 8-11pm?

I am still undecided about whether I will get a number for next Sunday's show, but if I do, it would be just like this. Roll in when there is a physical line, get in the back of the line and then go off to breakfast. Then, whether I use the bracelet or not will be determined that afternoon.

Yup. I’ll be up anyway so may as well drop by and then see how deep in my cups I get with Hewson for a Wednesday show…

Ok I lined up for the line up tonight. It’s just endless lines. We got there at 8 am and we’re number 366 and 367. I did it for the hell of it. Headache is definitely getting in way before us.:lol:

I still don’t understand the line things but whatever we’ll find out tonight. Met some dudes from the LA vation group. Very nice guys.

How many numbers were given out this morning? Did we ever get official confirmation of how many people GA is for these shows?

So question for those of you that are there. When you show up, who is giving you the number? Because if it's an unofficial fan line, can't you just tell them that you're going to line up in the official venue line?

Definitely not everyone with a GA ticket is bothering with a wristband. I don’t even think half. Think of their arena tours. Majority of people rock up at and after doors.

First post here!!! So excited for this evening, but thought I’d share some details for the seated folks. Just talked to a rep outside Sphere and they confirmed that standing IS allowed in the seated area. Saw a couple people questioning that so thought I’d share.

First post here!!! So excited for this evening, but thought I’d share some details for the seated folks. Just talked to a rep outside Sphere and they confirmed that standing IS allowed in the seated area. Saw a couple people questioning that so thought I’d share.

Welcome and thank you for the confirmation.

People that were expecting to go see U2 and watch comfortably while seated are completely nuts! I know we are older and old, but good lord.

"The fan line for Saturday show has started at the Sands Ave location.
You cannot attend tonight's show and get a number for this GA line.
There will be 1 or 2 check ins during tonight's show and if you are not present, you will be removed from the line. See them for their additional rules."

:crack:

Good lord these people are condescending and have a ridiculous sense of entitlement.

Best part is I bet Headache is the secret line leader... he's played us all. Keyser Sose style...

Again, I've done GA many times and have somehow avoided seeing this behavior. Maybe it's because I got there after these assholes were already inside the building.

I’m going to say there are 400-500 on the floor. That’s my estimate since we were at the back of the line this morning.

Definitely more than 400-500. That's just how many folks opted to get banded. Others are doing the just show up thing (some may be flying in today).
You'll be in the top 50% at least through the doors. (Probably about top 30% if headache's intel od 1,200 is accurate.

Best part is I bet Headache is the secret line leader... he's played us all. Keyser Sose style...

the-usual-suspects-usual-suspects.gif

Someone says they got in line this morning at 6:30 and got number 193. Another person at 7 and was 214. I am still undecided about whether I will get a number for next Sunday's show, but if I do, it would be just like this. Roll in when there is a physical line, get in the back of the line and then go off to breakfast. Then, whether I use the bracelet or not will be determined that afternoon.

After one of the Chicago shows in 2015, the people who attended one night's show got upset that people started a list for the following night while they were inside the venue. So they promptly started their own list once outside, putting whoever was right there at that moment and hadn't attended that night's show ahead of them, before lining themselves up behind those people.

Some people who signed up for the first one and hadn't known about a second list came back and, after some yelling and upset emotions, they somehow were able to combine the lists and everyone went back to the hotel for the night.

That was probably the wackiest I'd ever seen that drama get! :lol:

GA sounds like a nightmare. I don’t think I’d be able to contain my anger if some asshole fan tried to control what I do.

Imagine being so entitled you think you should be able to be "in line" for the next show while attending the current show.

I remember going with a friend to a U2 show in '05, and he used to give me shit for my U2 obsession all the time, and then he saw these line nazis who were probably seeing their 200th U2 show and he immediately gained a different perspective of me, who at the time was seeing my 7th U2 show. To each their own, you wanna see 200 U2 shows, then do it, but don't act like you're owed anything more than the person seeing their 1st U2 show.

But people that do this for u2 Bruce Star Wars iPhones any obsessions aren’t super fans. They’re just dead inside for the most part.

If you’re 25 and waiting in line for tickets to your favorite band I get it if it’s 1996.

If you’re waiting in line for a show that you already have tickets for and we’re all getting in you’re just annoying asshole.

Jokes on them. They’re going to be standing 3 feet from all of us.

Back
Top Bottom