Official Pre-Sale Info - U2.Com - GENERAL DISCUSSION & INFO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's ok. Not everyone gets the emails for some reason and those who do don't mind sharing.

They will be announced after the general sale. The only city in Europe that the 2nd show ws announced before the presale was Dublin at that was for obvious reasons

That's not quite right. There were no presales for Amsterdam II and Gothenburg II, which both were announced and went on sale less than an hour after the first shows did. However, Milan II was only added after the first show was sold out and it DID have a presale, since it didn't go on sale for a week.

So at this stage, we don't know if there will be presales for extra gigs in Paris, London, Dublin, etc.

That's not quite right. There were no presales for Amsterdam II and Gothenburg II, which both were announced and went on sale less than an hour after the first shows did. However, Milan II was only added after the first show was sold out and it DID have a presale, since it didn't go on sale for a week.

So at this stage, we don't know if there will be presales for extra gigs in Paris, London, Dublin, etc.

that's what I was thinking might happen...if 2nd shows are added, they'll pop up online a short while after the first shows go on sale.

Thats what I meant too. There won't be presales for the second shows that are added on. The only second show that had a presale was Dublin

Dublin 2 had a presale at the same time as Dublin 1. Milan 2 was so odd because it didn't get listed until a week later. I really don't expect this to be the case for NA presales. I know a lot of us are thinking about how best to use the codes. If you're looking for a "double," don't expect a second presale date to appear for you to use half your code on. That being said, Milan 2 only proves that it can happen. Oh, what to do!?!? :huh:

I don't see why not, everyone has the same ticket allotment throughout the country. If nothing else, they'd be guaranteeing themselves bigger sales.

Thats what I meant too. There won't be presales for the second shows that are added on. The only second show that had a presale was Dublin

That's not at all what I said.

Here's the timeline:

9th of March: First Milan show announced in the main announcement.
14th: First Milan show goes on sale, sells out.
16th: Second Milan show added.
18th: Presale for second Milan show begins.

20th: General sale for second Milan show.

So there could be presales for extra dates. Nobody can say anything definitively yet.

Hey all... I am confused about how many presale tix we are allowed... when they first made the announcement it sounded like for US shows you were allowed a TOTAL fo 4 tickets and they could be spread out to up to 4 shows if you only purchased one per show, or two shows if you bought 2 per show.

Now I am reading my latest U2 ticket e-mail from U2.com and it contained the following:

"The presale ticket limit is up to 4 tickets per member for a single European show OR 4 tickets per member for up to 4 North American shows. Remember there are more presales coming up, so make sure you use your presale code to access the presale for the show of your choice. "

This makes it sound like we can get UP TO 4 tickets per show for 4 shows.

What do you guys think?

Hey all... I am confused about how many presale tix we are allowed... when they first made the announcement it sounded like for US shows you were allowed a TOTAL fo 4 tickets and they could be spread out to up to 4 shows if you only purchased one per show, or two shows if you bought 2 per show.

Now I am reading my latest U2 ticket e-mail from U2.com and it contained the following:

"The presale ticket limit is up to 4 tickets per member for a single European show OR 4 tickets per member for up to 4 North American shows. Remember there are more presales coming up, so make sure you use your presale code to access the presale for the show of your choice. "

This makes it sound like we can get UP TO 4 tickets per show for 4 shows.

What do you guys think?

I think you are the reason the tax code in the U.S. is so large. :). Nah, I'm kidding, I think you are reading that the wrong way. Up to four tickets spread out over four shows. So you can have the following:

3 for one show, 1 for another show
2 for one show, 2 for another show
2 for one show, 1 for another show, and 1 for another show
1 for one show, 1 for another show, 1 for another show, and one for another show

The FAQ's on U2.com explain it better.

just saw that.... out of those four I want chicago... but if I let all three east coast shows go by and then not get Chicago (which goes on sale an hour later), I'm left empty-handed.... suggestions?

Does anybody know if it is possible to use my pre-sale code to log in to the ticketmaster/Live Nation web site, but then use a different person's credit card to pay for the tickets? My friend wants to pay for the tickets on his credit card because I'm broke for the next couple of weeks, but I am the one with the pre-sale code. This is referring to North American shows.

Does anybody know if it is possible to use my pre-sale code to log in to the ticketmaster/Live Nation web site, but then use a different person's credit card to pay for the tickets? My friend wants to pay for the tickets on his credit card because I'm broke for the next couple of weeks, but I am the one with the pre-sale code. This is referring to North American shows.

Personally, I don't think you should have a problem. Probably would be a good question to ask over at u2.com.

just wondering because i haven't kept up with this, and all the other threads.....has anyone not got the tickets they wanted in the Presale yet?

Where do we find out when the presales start? Specifically, I'm in the third/last presale group C and I want Chicago tix.

pre-sale (is code good for each leg or entire tour?)

I have a pre-sale question I haven't seen answered on U2.com or the boards. Sorry if I missed it.

Am I able to buy four tickets for, say the upcoming North American leg of the tour, or four pre-sale tickets for the ENTIRE tour. In other words, if I use my code to buy two tickets to the DC show then two tickets for the Charlottesville show have I used up my pre-sale privileges for the entire tour?

If it's use it or lose it for this leg I'll be tix for both shows (4 tix total). Otherwise I'll buy two tix for the DC show and wait for them to come back through the East Coast again on a later leg of the tour when they've mixed up the setlists, added pyrotechnics, etc. Thanks!

Anyone have an opinion on if it's worth subscribing for second day presale access for Wembley 2 or had most ga tickets gone by then?

I have a pre-sale question I haven't seen answered on U2.com or the boards. Sorry if I missed it.

Am I able to buy four tickets for, say the upcoming North American leg of the tour, or four pre-sale tickets for the ENTIRE tour. In other words, if I use my code to buy two tickets to the DC show then two tickets for the Charlottesville show have I used up my pre-sale privileges for the entire tour?

If it's use it or lose it for this leg I'll be tix for both shows (4 tix total). Otherwise I'll buy two tix for the DC show and wait for them to come back through the East Coast again on a later leg of the tour when they've mixed up the setlists, added pyrotechnics, etc. Thanks!

I asked Baja on u2.com a while back, this was my post:

U.S. People I just asked Baja on U2.com if you can use your pre-sale code for BOTH legs or just the first leg. Her response:

"right now, the answer i got was 09 only"

I responded that I thought that was pretty messed up and "What if there are no shows near you on the first leg? Your pre sale code just goes to waste?"

she then responded:

"im trying to get codes for leg 2, so people can get 2 codes. if not, then probably yes but not confirmed"

This will really suck if you dont get a new code for the second leg.

So basically I'm thinking we may get new codes for the second leg and might as well use our codes up now.

My guess is only one. They never play three in a row, so either another on the Monday or Tuesday, travel on Wednesday for NY on Thursday.

Actually that's a very common misconception. On almost all tours they did play three in a row, before Vertigo it was actually quite common.
I'm sure Axver can elaborate on this with the exact knowledge.
So don't give up hope yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom