Official Pre-Sale Info - U2.Com - GENERAL DISCUSSION & INFO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually that's a very common misconception. On almost all tours they did play three in a row, before Vertigo it was actually quite common.
I'm sure Axver can elaborate on this with the exact knowledge.
So don't give up hope yet.

Pre-Vertigo was a very different set of vocal chords than we have today. But that's a debate for another thread...

I'm actually hoping not to have to schlepp to Foxboro three nights in a week, it is that painful. :D

just wondering because i haven't kept up with this, and all the other threads.....has anyone not got the tickets they wanted in the Presale yet?

Signed up Saturday, put on Boots for presale Wednesday, breathed through, got tickets on the horizon, but Wembley 2 - not tickets on the horizon yet, but trying to throw my arms around the world and reach elevation, because I go crazy if I can't go crazy on August 15.

Pre-Vertigo was a very different set of vocal chords than we have today. But that's a debate for another thread...

I'm actually hoping not to have to schlepp to Foxboro three nights in a week, it is that painful. :D

That's true, I'm not saying they're most definately doing it again, just for those who're afraid it won't happen. It could happen!

Why is it so painful?

I'm still waiting for any news about a third Dublin date though! :( Some part of me tells me that if it were happening it would've been announced already!

You don't get penalized if you enter a presale but don't buy anything if you don't like what's available, right?

Why is it so painful?

It's an hour from here to there without traffic. With traffic and then getting out after, we're looking at 2-3 hours each way, at least last Pats game I went to it was. And I'm at the age now where I wonder how worth it is! "You know you're getting old when...." :doh:

It's an hour from here to there without traffic. With traffic and then getting out after, we're looking at 2-3 hours each way, at least last Pats game I went to it was. And I'm at the age now where I wonder how worth it is! "You know you're getting old when...." :doh:

Can't you go by public transport? :hmm: Or perhaps get a cheap hotel room in the city for the day of the show?

Just spoke to someone at Ticketmaster Canada and LiveNation has not provided them with a venue map outlining where the various priced tickets are located. No one could confirm for me what a $252 ticket will get me versus a $32 ticket. No one at Ticketmaster can confirm what the other ticket prices are and where they are located either.

This guy even went so far as to imply that $252 might not even get you an asigned seat - but simply a closer spot in a GA area. He did a lot of checking for me - and Ticketmaster have NOTHING in advance of tomorrow. The best advice he could give me was to make sure my account info was good - and be ready for the pre-sale.

I doubt this guy was trying to get rid of me cause he spent almost 20 minutes looking things up. If he wanted me gone - he could have told me they didn't have a clue right from the start and hung up on me.

This seems really poorly planned. How does anyone know for sure what the ticket prices will be and where you get to sit before you buy them?

What's the deal in Europe? Does anyone know where the equivelant $252 ticket puts you? Is it likely to be different in North America?

This guy even went so far as to imply that $252 might not even get you an asigned seat - but simply a closer spot in a GA area.

I have a source at Ticketmaster Canada who caught a glimpse of the map. They say that the $252 are seats, not GA.

I´m in Cuba and don´t want to spend all my time on a computer but to purchase tix tomorrow morning for Toronto, do I go to the livenation site or ticketmaster?

Thanks,

Julie

Not sure if this was addressed or not. I scanned through a few pages, but didn't want to look through all 65. Does anyone know whether or not the pre-sale code applies to 2010 as well? The band does not appear to be playing Philadelphia in the fall and that's where I usually see them as its the closest/most convenient trip for me. I don't mind renewing through U2.com (i've done so every year since inception), but some clarity on how long the code is good for would be helpful. And whether or not renewing for 2010 gets a subscriber a new code for presale. Thanks, everyone.

What's the deal in Europe? Does anyone know where the equivelant $252 ticket puts you? Is it likely to be different in North America?

In London, there were some VERY poor seats for £150 and £80 - in the top tier of a 90,000 seater stadium. On the other hand there were some VERY good seats... though I've not seen anyone with them lol

In London, there were some VERY poor seats for £150 and £80 - in the top tier of a 90,000 seater stadium. On the other hand there were some VERY good seats... though I've not seen anyone with them lol

I've got to hope that with the "Horizon" pre-sale, I'll be able to get something decent at the $250 level. We are taking our 8 year old son (WITH EAR PLUGS) for his first show - and I simply refuse to put him into a GA situation. I'll pay $32 and sit at the top of the stadium before I drag him into the crush with me. It $250 is close - I'm willing to pay that for his first concert experience.

Does anyone know whether or not the pre-sale code applies to 2010 as well?

Yes it does.

Here's a quote from the moderator at U2.com:

"If you DO NOT use your code for the 2009 shows, you MAY use it for the 2010 shows, that techincally are still hypothetical *cough, wink wink cough*"

Can't you go by public transport? :hmm: Or perhaps get a cheap hotel room in the city for the day of the show?

Nope...it's in the sticks. Sometimes there is a train for Pats games but they don't usually run them for concerts. I have to work on the Monday so staying over isn't an option.

Yes it does.

"If you DO NOT use your code for the 2009 shows, you MAY use it for the 2010 shows, that techincally are still hypothetical *cough, wink wink cough*"

Brad

Thank you. I hadn't seen that from the moderator. That's a relief. God bless.

Not sure if this has been discussed, but has anybody "broke" the rule in Europe and bought 2 tickets say using ticketmaster and 2 tickets using eventim? I think is technically possible and it does not break the 4 tickets maximum, however, does it worth the risk?

I asked Baja on u2.com a while back, this was my post:

Originally Posted by Sicy
U.S. People I just asked Baja on U2.com if you can use your pre-sale code for BOTH legs or just the first leg. Her response:

"right now, the answer i got was 09 only"

I responded that I thought that was pretty messed up and "What if there are no shows near you on the first leg? Your pre sale code just goes to waste?"

she then responded:

"im trying to get codes for leg 2, so people can get 2 codes. if not, then probably yes but not confirmed"

This will really suck if you dont get a new code for the second leg.

So basically I'm thinking we may get new codes for the second leg and might as well use our codes up now.

Yes it does.

So does anyone know which is the case? Will we be getting new codes for '10, or do we need to save our current codes if we want to use them in '10? Because right now, it's looking like I'll only need to use two of my four this leg, but if it's going to go to waste and not be usable in '10, I'd gladly use up the other two to get extra tickets to trade with, or to sell at face to others who didn't get tickets.

I can't believe they haven't clarified this yet. Logic would say that if we have to resubscribe between now and the time the '10 shows go on sale that we should get new codes, but we all know U2.com and logic aren't friends :wink:

I'm not even sure if I'm going to end up going to any shows this time, because I might be changing jobs. I'll feel bad if part or all of my code is going to go to waste, but I don't want to waste it on tickets I'm not going to use only to find out it could've helped me next summer.

I've spent the last hour looking on the U2.com boards for an answer, but all I came up with is that a lot of others have asked that question, too. I find that forum unnavigable :crack: so hopefully if there is a definitive answer, someone will post it here.

And if there isn't an answer, that organization really needs to get its shit together and give us one, because for the price we pay over there, it's really unfair to leave us hanging.

I'm using all mine on this leg...will take my chances for any future legs...and I would also think that when you renew you would be given a new code (which everyone will have to do before the 3rd and 4th legs anyway).

That's what I'm thinking, too...it would make them look really bad if we weren't told to save the code for future legs, and if they didn't provide us with new ones, and we were left out in the cold for '10.

But still, it would be nice to know for sure, you know?

That said, I do realize that it's hard for them to comment when the '10 leg(s) hasn't/haven't even been officially announced. I guess I'll just have to have faith that they'll treat fans fairly and more than likely give us new codes next year.

I've got to hope that with the "Horizon" pre-sale, I'll be able to get something decent at the $250 level. We are taking our 8 year old son (WITH EAR PLUGS) for his first show - and I simply refuse to put him into a GA situation. I'll pay $32 and sit at the top of the stadium before I drag him into the crush with me. It $250 is close - I'm willing to pay that for his first concert experience.

Me too. My son is 5 and he and Mr.Z will be sitting in the stands (with earphones). have fun!!!!

When buying tickets online, has anyone tried E-TICKETS....seems to me they might turn you away at the door, this seems risky....anyone??

E-tickets work great. Just don't show them to anyone. Also, they are much more difficult to sell or trade. And they make for a crappy souvenir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom