The Final Countdown - U2 at Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've dealt with the line czars before, and yeah they're entitled assholes. But do you think that representatives of the band are going to step in and convince the sphere management to ignore the wristband numbers that they distributed?

We can only hope.

It's not gonna happen. For whatever (hopefully and thankfully) small number of hardcores that are obsessed about this shit, at 8am there will already be a small line with people with numbers on their hands, people arriving at 8 or shortly before will be told by security to line up behind them, and tour staff will start handing out the wristbands accordingly. They don't want a big unorganized circle of 200 folks all stampeding at once from all directions at 8am (who would?). It'll all work out.

Yes, it’s been Gildan t-shirts and hoodies for a while now which is a shame as Fruit of the Loom were virtually indestructible. I’ve just found my Zoo TV arena t which looks pretty damn for for being 30 or so years old.

FWIW my 360 shirt, which was the last tour tee I’ve bought of theirs, is Bay Island Sportswear.

U2’s TikTok has posted some stuff from the Zoo Exhibit

You can sit in a Trabant?
IMG_6583.JPG

You can buy merch!
IMG_6584.JPG

I do like what they seem to be doing with the logos and colours for this run of shows and associated branding and merch.

Magnificent post.

giphy.gif

All that merch and the pop-up store with the exhibition really makes me hope they’ve got their shit together and you can buy everything you want from there rather than having any exclusive items at the actual show.

All that merch and the pop-up store with the exhibition really makes me hope they’ve got their shit together and you can buy everything you want from there rather than having any exclusive items at the actual show.

Why would they turn down easy money?

Rehearsal updates:

Zoo Station is the opener

AB not played in order or as a whole chunk

Vertigo rehearsed extensively, likely one of the biggest moments of the show

5 Zooropa songs being rehearsed including Lemon and The Wanderer

Pride NOT in the setlist per Adam Clayton on U2X radio

Streets and Beautiful Day rehearsed full-band

With or Without You continues to be rehearsed, ISHF is questionable

3-4 rotating songs per night

No Pride?!?
My prayers have been answered! Also, that tee actually looks cute!

Is there anyone on this thread NOT cliking every single link and spoiler???

It's clear to me reading the spoilers that have info we all knew in our hearts... that Larry will come out for Atomic City to play that one song on drums during the ENCORE. Hence like Cal Ripken continuing his streak by playing 3 innings in a game..

Encore speculation...

Re: the new spoilers.
I’m very surprised Pride or Still Haven’t Found might not make an appearance - I thought they were going to go the definite “every hit by-the-numbers” route to cater to the casual/Facepalm group fans, but if this ends up being true, they are putting a bit more effort in this, setlist-wise. The idea of them bringing some songs from Zooropa is very exciting. Hoping for Stay as well, I still haven’t heard it live.

Starting with Zoo Station and not playing Achtung Baby front-to-back is probably a smart decision if they want to keep the momentum and interest up. That was one of my only gripes with TJT anniversary shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom