The Final Countdown - U2 at Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question re: GA - WTF do I do? Last U2 concert was 2011 in my own home and I lined up at 5 am. I was exhausted after that and I was 19 years old. So I'm trying to avoid the exhaustion part but I was right in front of Adam which was *Amazzzzing*.

I'm at the Bellagio so the walk is quite far in Vegas terms. Where are the bracelets? Like outside the Sphere? If I just show up at 7 pm is it going to be chaos? I just want to kind of dance and maybe be somewhat close? I don't think I need or want front row but maybe I do? Thoughts?
I have no intention of doing the wristband thing, if that helps. The floor is small enough where there shouldn't be any issues getting somewhat close, but big enough where you can spread out in the back.

I have no doubt, that despite Sphere's best intentions, it will devolve into organized chaos once the usual suspects become involved.

It won't be chaos to them, mind you. But to all the people who aren't aware of any lists to Facebook groups to join and simply flow the venue's rules? Yea, they're gonna be pissed. And rightfully so.

So U2 always does something special... so the sphere is the screen portion and crazy graphics and giant 1000 feet HD of Bono singing... but that leaves the stage as the thing they have to U2 up right? No way it's just going to be small and simple to me.

I was just thinking they don't want their show to be the same as The Killers, you know? How do they U2 this up???

Re: stage
We know what the stage will look like, which is fairly small and straightforward square shape. The fact that it lights up and changes colors is a bit of visual interest. Although I suspect perhaps that is the default look, and the stage is actually a screen. So they can use the stage floor as an extension of the sphere wall, and really make it look like the band has transported to whatever visual landscape they want (or they could be on top of a record player, roulette wheel, what have you).

I also think this is probably a big reason why they thought it was so important to be the ones to open the Sphere, they want to be the first to plant their flag as the pioneers of the "look" that likely most shows will have there.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone I’m a lurker coming out because omg guys we’re going to see U2 this week!!!!!! :wave:

Got kicked out of the FB group, apparently the Line Czars are a very sensitive group and don’t take kindly to anyone calling out their utter BS secret society line. If they are so confident in what they do then why would they care what people say about their secret society system?? I guess I should take it as a badge of honor that they won’t have me :lol: happy to know freedom of speech is still allowed in this forum!

Anyway, can’t wait until Friday (I’m still looking for 9/30 tickets if anyone has 2 extra to sell) and hope you all have the best time at the show!! :wave:

Just wanted to say hi to everyone I’m a lurker coming out because omg guys we’re going to see U2 this week!!!!!! :wave:

Got kicked out of the FB group, apparently the Line Czars are a very sensitive group and don’t take kindly to anyone calling out their utter BS secret society line. If they are so confident in what they do then why would they care what people say about their secret society system?? I guess I should take it as a badge of honor that they won’t have me [emoji38] happy to know freedom of speech is still allowed in this forum!

Anyway, can’t wait until Friday (I’m still looking for 9/30 tickets if anyone has 2 extra to sell) and hope you all have the best time at the show!! :wave:
Sir, you will not have any such issues with the Line Police here.

Welcome

Question re: GA - WTF do I do? Last U2 concert was 2011 in my own home and I lined up at 5 am. I was exhausted after that and I was 19 years old. So I'm trying to avoid the exhaustion part but I was right in front of Adam which was *Amazzzzing*.

I'm at the Bellagio so the walk is quite far in Vegas terms. Where are the bracelets? Like outside the Sphere? If I just show up at 7 pm is it going to be chaos? I just want to kind of dance and maybe be somewhat close? I don't think I need or want front row but maybe I do? Thoughts?

I think most fans in GA will be average age of 45 like me. A few young ones, a few ones almost dead, but point is, we are all old. And I can't imagine how many people will get their wrist bands at 8:30am and then lose all their life savings before they have to be back at 5 or 5:30pm. Or kill a hooker. And be ossified drunk.

Me I'll be high on Xanax, In and Out and try not to use all my leg power walking around for 10 hours before the show. And no jerking off until after the show. Just like a boxing match. NO sex before fighting. And trust me, going to a concert in the GA over age 25 is a fight!

I’m not a dude but thank you so much for the welcome lol!! :wave:

He's such an embarrassment. I apologize on behalf of everyone for him. He fell off his bike as a kid into a bigger bike that ran over his giant head.

He's such an embarrassment. I apologize on behalf of everyone for him. He fell off his bike as a kid into a bigger bike that ran over his giant head.

LOL I just realized the app doesn’t have our avatar pics like the old school website that I was using.
Just happy to know the Line Police have no power here. All is right in the world again.

I'll give the line runners this... it's not their fault.

It's the band's fault. They allowed this to fester for decades now.

The venue has put out an official policy. That should be that. The band stepping in and acknowledging the fans and their list, which we know they'll do, SEEMS like an admirable thing to do, but in reality it's screwing over just as many fans as it's helping. Anyone who follows the official directions from the venue are going to get hosed.

If the band wants people to follow the fan list? Cool. Fine. Have THE BAND make it public, and work with the venue to make sure everyone with GA has an equal chance, if they do choose.

I'll give the line runners this... it's not their fault.

It's the band's fault. They allowed this to fester for decades now.

The venue has put out an official policy. That should be that. The band stepping in and acknowledging the fans and their list, which we know they'll do, SEEMS like an admirable thing to do, but in reality it's screwing over just as many fans as it's helping. Anyone who follows the official directions from the venue are going to get hosed.

If the band wants people to follow the fan list? Cool. Fine. Have THE BAND make it public, and work with the venue to make sure everyone with GA has an equal chance, if they do choose.

Oh for sure I totally agree - the band has known about this issue for a very long time and it seems there could be a very simple solution- hand out the wristbands at 8 am or whatever time and and hour before the doors open do a random lottery for the starting number. Unless I’m missing something it seems that would thwart all the BS check in line shenanigans.

I just hate the secrecy of the whole thing, it’s so unfair to the majority of fans who just follow the venue’s official policy not knowing there is a secret society of fans who have an entirely different set of rules. It is entirely the band’s fault for letting it get to this point.

I've seen U2 , 30 - 35 times now? GA over 10 shows. And I have never noticed the line people. Maybe I just show up too late and don't give a crap.

Let's all just ignore them. Of course, some of them MUST be on this board. Learning like AI.

you-just-made-the-list-chris-jericho.gif

Welcome to the pun zone!

Fixed.

Get ready to see all your favorite song titles get twisted into hilarious (or formerly hilarious) jokes!

This isn't LOST. What is to be spoiled? I never quite got that. Count me in wanting to know EVERY SINGLE THING that happens to each and every one of you minute to minute and of course the U2 show.

I've seen every tour from ZooTV onward (minus E+I), and this might be the first one I won't already know what the opening song is going in. By attending Night #2 I'm hoping to to stay pure this time around and actually be surprised for once. So I want to check in here on Saturday to get some pointers about the set start time and entry and all that but I don't want the set list ruined. :shrug:

Sir, you will not have any such issues with the Line Police here.

I’m not a dude but thank you so much for the welcome lol!! :wave:

lol my bad

:applaud:

It's alright, it's alright, it's allllright

He moves in Misgendering Ways

Don't Hate Me...

sorry for the n00b questions but why is getting in line for the wristband important if the GA is small as is? I am confused. What is "Priority Entry" Can someone help and old timer......lol

Last edited:
GA is only going to fit like 1000 people. So I suggest we all play trivia and whoever wins gets the best spots. Of course we play music trivia and then my first question is "Name the drummer of U2." And no matter what they say, I say wrong -- and pick the other guy. I'll be in front of the line in no time.

Dammit, I finally bit the bullet and logged back into Interference for the first time in like 12 or 13 years. Lurking has become a favorite pastime these past few months so I figured I’d better dig out the ole username and password to let you know that reading these threads has been a great way to pass the time until my show in October…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom