The Final Countdown - U2 at Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GAs just dropped for Friday, 10/13, if anyone's interested. Not sure about the other nights!

Edit: ... and they're gone. Might be worth keeping an eye out for those now, in the lead up though.

Last edited:
So re GA, you can either just take your chances (which doesn’t really bother me given the size of GA and how merry I’ll be on the Las Vegas spirit…) or queue at the venue at Ian on show day for a priority wrist band to get in a wee bit earlier?

Which will mean more queuing with actual people and the secret list of people it in the queue who will also all be ahead of you?

Queuing from 8am is just to get the wrist band - I assume that means rock up, short wait until you get it, then bugger off and enjoy your day, back in line at 5:30 or whatever for the show

Walking in a little after doors was more than sufficient for the previous three tours. This is a smaller GA than all of those.

I'll be more serious than usual. It's a new venue. I want to get inside and find my bearings, check the place out... maybe sneak into place and try to catch views from all the seats... find the one bathroom... taste the bad food... rub my fat stub of a cock against the overhang... just the whole shebang.

So forget about my GA spot, I want to explore the venue.

GAs just dropped for Friday, 10/13, if anyone's interested. Not sure about the other nights!

Edit: ... and they're gone. Might be worth keeping an eye out for those now, in the lead up though.

Thank you this lead to me getting a GA ticket for another night. The best nights in general seem to be the Wed, Thurs shows... because only idiots like me want to go to them or people that live closer by Vegas.

Terrific! Glad to help!

Noticed the majority of GA/Redzone tickets are resale, although there’s some regular GAs available for 12/13 now. So it could be a combination of resales going live now and a few minor drops leading up to tonight,

Terrific! Glad to help!

Noticed the majority of GA/Redzone tickets are resale, although there’s some regular GAs available for 12/13 now. So it could be a combination of resales going live now and a few minor drops leading up to tonight,

I jumped on it and I'm 99.9% it said regular GA but I hit button so fast I'm unsure. (it says FAN TO FAN TICKET) on my GA ticket, but does it say that on all GA tickets?

REDZNE face value exchange ticket for Oct 5th for 600 is still sitting there... begging us all!

Last edited:
I jumped on it and I'm 99.9% it said regular GA but I hit button so fast I'm unsure. (it says FAN TO FAN TICKET) on my GA ticket, but does it say that on all GA tickets?

REDZNE face value exchange ticket for Oct 5th for 600 is still sitting there... begging us all!

Similar. I just checked the one I bought tonight and it also says “Fan to Fan” as the ticket type. My other GA that I got through the Fan Club sales says something different, so it looks like we picked up some in the ticket resales tonight! I did see some regular ones up though, despite being smaller in numbers.

Queuing from 8am is just to get the wrist band - I assume that means rock up, short wait until you get it, then bugger off and enjoy your day, back in line at 5:30 or whatever for the show

That is what it is,
There may be a small line/wait for a wristband at 8:00, but it should take a few minutes. Then off to do the rest of your day.

I just have zero desire to get in a line at 5:30 (or get up at 6 am to fight the loonies for a wristband)

Yeah, Mrs Mike seemed keen on going to get a wristband at 8, but I've no idea how busy the line will be by then and like all of us sane people have said, its a smaller area than any GA in recent memory, so how bad will it be to get a good view from in there.

LMAO.

You're right.....

But you'd agree bizzaro world is even more bizarre than ever this time around?!
Oh most definitely.

There's a strange combination of typical fan craziness and middle aged helicopter parents who haven't left the house since the last U2 tour. Add that in with the uncertainty of opening a new building and you've got a recipe for some bizarre fuckin' shit lol

My co-worker asked if I watched football last night and saw the Sphere. He said he's jealous I'm going, but when I told him first two shows are on Fri & Sat, he was like, "you're going to two?!" And then "there's something wrong with you" when I corrected that number to eight. Good-naturedly though.

My co-worker asked if I watched football last night and saw the Sphere. He said he's jealous I'm going, but when I told him first two shows are on Fri & Sat, he was like, "you're going to two?!" And then "there's something wrong with you" when I corrected that number to eight. Good-naturedly though.

Nothing is as funny to me as a human being / writer than when your co-workers slowly reveal their fandom. I had a buddy who was way way way too into Michael Jackson -- and didn't realize how weird it was to the rest of us. He played him non stop at his desk.

So when people make fun of U2 fans (which is fine) just know they are probably into something a lot more embarrassing than you -- like collecting stamps or pennies from those dumb machines that makes a penny say "DC Zoo" on the back of it as mementos.

I grew up in a town where a lady was known as SNOOPY lady. She had a all things Snoopy. I went to her house with my mom to visit and it was 100% Snoopy. It was insane. Even as a kid, I thought this lady is nuts. Looked like a fucking gift shop from 1970 to 1985 or whenever I was there.

He goes to tractor pulls and such, I feel fine about my concert hobby.

I'll bet there are a few "Snoopy ladies" here in MN...

Got the same response from coworkers when I went to all 5 Innocence shows in Chicago.

Also, hello. Migrating here from U2Start which is borderline unbearable anymore. You people seem like my kind of unbearable. :wave:

I’ve only told people I’m going to see them twice. The 3rd show - they’ll find out afterwards. :wink:

Also, hello. Migrating here from U2Start which is borderline unbearable anymore. You people seem like my kind of unbearable. :wave:

Welcome! :wave: You (and the others who have recently joined) have made it just in time.

Thanks for the welcomes! Hoping I can stay up late enough to break myself in with a setlist party on Friday night.

Welcome to the fun zone! Love the name and pic --- but is that Michael J Fox in rehearsals for Johnny B Goode behind the scene photo?

Or did I miss the scene where Marty smoked a doobie at the enchantment under the sea dance?

Welcome to the fun zone! Love the name and pic --- but is that Michael J Fox in rehearsals for Johnny B Goode behind the scene photo?

Or did I miss the scene where Marty smoked a doobie at the enchantment under the sea dance?

Nope, it's a rehearsal photo! Did a rough google for "Marty McFly guitar" for my avatar and that came up as a result, couldn't pass it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom