2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok guys, help me!

I don't know if I'm reading too much between the lines, but look at this excerpt from a recente interview with Independent.ie:

""I guess it really depends whether we feel it is worth pushing for within the ten weeks that we have at the end of this tour," he says of Songs Of Experience.

"We might just go for it. We might just say, ‘It is more important to get it out than to make it perfect.’ Which was the truth with Zooropa. And it is a lot of people’s favourite album!” The Edge smiles, which he does a lot."

New U2 album could be finished later this year - The Edge - Independent.ie

Did he just said that the band will have a 2.5 months break between the other leg? If this is correct, and thinking that the tour could end in November 15 in London, it means that the next leg will start in early february. But if the band puts the Dublin concert in the end of December, the next leg will start in later March?

Soo can someone give me a short summary of the past two days? :lol: Pretty much ever thread here exploded and I don't have the time to read back everything.

Soo can someone give me a short summary of the past two days? :lol: Pretty much ever thread here exploded and I don't have the time to read back everything.

The show last night sucked, Edge fell off stage, Bono forgot a bunch of lyrics, Plus he is still too short, someone got mad about the protest theme and cops everywhere are picketing u2 shows now, Adam still is the coolest mofo in the band. Also, Songs of Experience has been cancelled, im spinning, and the forum is really black and gold, not blue.

Did he just said that the band will have a 2.5 months break between the other leg? If this is correct, and thinking that the tour could end in November 15 in London, it means that the next leg will start in early february. But if the band puts the Dublin concert in the end of December, the next leg will start in later March?

I figured he meant between US and Europe legs. But that's only 5 weeks not 10.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

"We might just go for it. We might just say, ‘It is more important to get it out than to make it perfect.’ Which was the truth with Zooropa. And it is a lot of people’s favourite album!” The Edge smiles, which he does a lot."

:love:

I'm still amazed I was allowed to watch opening night on my computer thanks to a fan in the crowd that had his I-phone hooked up to this periscope thing. The idea that I can now watch any U2 show live on my computer anywhere in the world thanks to a single fan in the crowd, is just amazing!

I wonder if this will ever impact peoples desire to actually go to shows especially shows in large venues like Stadiums?

I was THRILLED to have the opener right in front of me. Nothing like being there, of course, but so much better than just refreshing twitter and interference. I think we need a gofundme or kickstarter to ensure we have a fan willing to do this at every show. Hell, I'd pay the band for an official stream or broadcast in ADDITION to going to shows in person. :twocents:

They now MUST break out "I Fall Down".

:lmao:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Judging by the youtube clips most SOI songs ended up great live (and it's only first night).
Iris and Troubles feel amazing (the former might get even better as the band tightens up a bit).
Stage design is hard to judge by the vids, but it's not used at 100% yet I think.

I also have to say I don't dig the encore right now and ISHFWILF closing in particular. That stretch looks a bit uninspired, but I must agree with people here who said that it may have to do with the way the rehearsals went along.
And looking at those disco-balls mid-set, I'm holding out for full Discotheque appearance sooner or later :cute:
Zoo Station would also be a welcome addition having heard Bono comparing this new setup to Berlin wall

U2 played a show. Fans who went loved it. Everyone else hated it.

Accurate. I was there and had a blast.

Mrs. Garrison's comment about protestors reminded me - outside the show were some people protesting circumsicion or something. One sign said something like "We care about Bono's foreskin."

Hand to god, this was an actual thing.

And this is a shocking and refreshing part of the policy:

GA ticket holders who have paid for parking in one of the SAP Center parking lots and elect to leave after receiving their wristband will have their money refunded as they leave the parking lot. There are no in-n-out privileges in the SAP Center managed parking lots after 3:00pm.

Mrs. Garrison's comment about protestors reminded me - outside the show were some people protesting circumsicion or something. One sign said something like "We care about Bono's foreskin."

Well Equality determines that after hearing about Abortion ad-nausem for many many years that men would get organized and stop that mutilation performed on young male babbies.

Some of the signs were funny:

"Circumscision supports medial fraud"
"his penis, his choice"
"Black Foreskin is Beautiful"
"Smile if you masterbate"

:lol:

And it's a U2 remix version of Beat on the Brat with a little EBTTRT mixed in with a couple other U2songs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom