2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this will stop the chosen ones. They'll simply queue up somewhere near the venue the 1-2 days before, do their "check-ins", and then show up day of show at 8am expecting to be in front of everyone and get the first wristbands.

If the venue policy says lineup starts at 8:00am then too bad. Whoever shows up to the official line on time first is FIRST. These entitled people can't just own the line. They don't get to say "Well we started our own line a week ago so in all fairness we're first" Nope. Sorry. I'd love to be the guy who walked up to the OFFICIAL line and was there first when it begins and then have someone actually try to say to me,"Ummm sorry sir but we've been lined up across the street for 3 days so technically we're in front of you" I'd say "technically you're standing there and I'm standing here so no you're not in front of me" haha

The San Jose system sounds pretty legit though. Nice to see a venue taking a proactive approach rather than a reactive one.

If the venue policy says lineup starts at 8:00am then too bad. Whoever shows up to the official line on time first is FIRST. These entitled people can't just own the line. They don't get to say "Well we started our own line a week ago so in all fairness we're first" Nope. Sorry. I'd love to be the guy who walked up to the OFFICIAL line and was there first when it begins and then have someone actually try to say to me,"Ummm sorry sir but we've been lined up across the street for 3 days so technically we're in front of you" I'd say "technically you're standing there and I'm standing here so no you're not in front of me" haha

The San Jose system sounds pretty legit though. Nice to see a venue taking a proactive approach rather than a reactive one.

I haven't really agreed with much of your approach on this "issue"..but if the venues I'm attending actually issue these kinds of policies, allow me to be amongst the first to say to whoever tries to start a fan run line: GTFOuttaHere!! lmao

The fan run lines yes they were a necessary evil to prevent absolute mayhem, and yes I have fully participated since Elevation...but they were only useful in the absence of an official venue managed policy. If such a policy is indeed in place, WE DONT NEED FAN RUN LlNES!! /TheEnd

Official line up times have never stopped the campers. The random numbering of wristbands will.

I don't think this will stop the chosen ones. They'll simply queue up somewhere near the venue the 1-2 days before, do their "check-ins", and then show up day of show at 8am expecting to be in front of everyone and get the first wristbands.

Multiple accounts from last night have "the rail" as not the best spot. Let the losers eat screen.

And it looks like its not random wristbands. So the entitled will still line up 3 days early, even if they don't need to.

And it looks like its not random wristbands. So the entitled will still line up 3 days early, even if they don't need to.

Exactly, which is why I wish all venues would do the random number thing, like TD Garden in Boston will be doing. There will probably be a line for San Jose starting tomorrow.

Multiple accounts from last night have "the rail" as not the best spot. Let the losers eat screen.

I have a friend who was rail and he says it was amazing. When you're on the rail you're not there to view the stage production anways. The rail is pretty much the same at any venue regardless of the special effects going on so the rail as always for those who enjoy it will be the best spot. As for what time he lined up.... roughly 10am the day of the show. None of this 4 days in advance bullshit./

Just because the opening night line starts 3 days before it doesn't mean EVERY line will do the same.
Specially with people now knowing where to go.

Stop complaining and let's talk music.

Here's the opening of the show in my view: Front Rail Corner, South Side GA :love:
https://youtu.be/RQAaZ85NrQM

So you lined up days in advance to get the front row rail spot only to film the first ten minutes of the show?

I think more important than a GA lineup policy venues should reinforce a no camera policy. That includes cell phones. People aren't living in the moment anymore. As much as it's cool to see footage from the show online I could do without all the individual youtube clips. Imagine for just for one night every single person left their phones at home and went to a rock show to ..... I don't know rock? Guaranteed the band would appreciate it.

I haven't really agreed with much of your approach on this "issue"..but if the venues I'm attending actually issue these kinds of policies, allow me to be amongst the first to say to whoever tries to start a fan run line: GTFOuttaHere!! lmao

The fan run lines yes they were a necessary evil to prevent absolute mayhem, and yes I have fully participated since Elevation...but they were only useful in the absence of an official venue managed policy. If such a policy is indeed in place, WE DONT NEED FAN RUN LlNES!! /TheEnd

exactly.

So you lined up days in advance to get the front row rail spot only to film the first ten minutes of the show?

I think more important than a GA lineup policy venues should reinforce a no camera policy. That includes cell phones. People aren't living in the moment anymore. As much as it's cool to see footage from the show online I could do without all the individual youtube clips. Imagine for just for one night every single person left their phones at home and went to a rock show to ..... I don't know rock? Guaranteed the band would appreciate it.

Jack White does this. Very very few camera/phones seen at his concerts.

But who are you to tell someone what they want to do? I filmed the whole fucking show last night. People blocked me, and I tried to not block people behind me, and we were all free to move around. There was a guy that seems to always be in front of me last night Flalying his arms around and screaming. He was having fun, and it blocked my view, but whatever. It's like dictating you can't stand when you are in seats.

from rolling stone's review...

The band, meanwhile,followed the two political songs with a killer rendition of "Until the End of the World." Bono sang the tune from the B stage at the far end of the arena. He spent most of the night thereand on the catwalk, meaning that fans who waitedfor hours to get in front spent much of the show craning their necks to see him. Note to future concertgoers: Don't obsesses over your spot on the floor. There isn't a bad spot down there becausethe action is spread across the entire arena. This is really a show that plays well to the entire house, not just the lucky few in front.

Read more:http://www.rollingstone.com/music/l...-innocence-tour-opener-20150515#ixzz3aFYh6VdH
Follow us:mad:rollingstone on Twitter|RollingStone on Facebook

ha

Beat on the Brat. I knew they'd come out to The Ramones but couldn't think of which song and then when beat on the Brat started playing it was like duh obviously haha. It sounded great though.

Just before that they also chose Baby I Love You. That and Beat on The Brat were perfect choices. :up:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

Questions

I'm sure these have been answered in here but I can't seem to find the answers anywhere. Hopefully someone can help with all and end my search through the threads.

1. What time did they go on/end the show each night?

2. What time was and how long was the intermission?

3. Is the red zone correct on ticketmaster? Some people saying it has swapped? I'm in section 215 in phoenix and wondering if I am kind of behind Main Stage or B stage... Can't figure it out!

4. What was the sequence for the show in terms of stage use? Is it first set main and 2nd set B? About what part of the show is the B stage used in?

Sorry for the trouble, if anyone can help that would be much appreciated! Trying to shuffle some things around with my flights and show seats based on the above answers.

Well, it's clear they may have dropped certain things that didn't work.

- The SBS reinvention supposedly met with a complete thud on Night #1 and nobody really knew what to make of The Troubles. They could be canned although I don't think it's necessarily the end for either. Personally, they should just chuck in New Year's Day into the old slot of SBS. SBS has been played with far more regularity lately, anyway, and New Year's Day is an early and popular hit that wouldn't really seem out of place in that portion of the setlist.

- I think Beautiful Day will stay out of the encore. I could see Miracle Drug/City of Blinding Lights rotating with one another for quite some time. Maybe One and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For as well, but I dunno. One makes a solid closer (plenty of idiots have left U2 shows in the recent past thinking it was done after One was played), but I personally would rather give up atmosphere for clunkier setlists that meant different songs every night. In other words, I'd rather hear complete different tunes if I'm attending different shows, regardless of quality, so I'll hope there are different closers on each night I attend.

- The When Love Comes To Town/Angel of Harlem swap in place of Desire/Sweetest Thing could be a regular rotating thing for quite some time. None of those are particularly hard to play and all go down quite well.

- In essence, fans that attended Night #2 basically got to swap out The Troubles for Bad (Bad bumps Beautiful Day over to The Troubles old slot). I'm not sure who in their right mind wouldn't consider that as big a trade up as you could imagine. :up:

- A change of five songs from one night to the next is pretty good. I remember attending two nights in San Jose near the opening of the Vertigo Tour ten years ago...I think Night 2 gave us The Ocean instead of An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart along with the premiere of Original of the Species. Otherwise, it was basically the same exact show barring a move of Love and Peace or Else to the opener role (which worked a LOT better than COBL and broke up the monotony of that long war/Pride-themed section).

- Crossing my fingers that Out of Control and California are going to sub out for one another. I'd love to hear both tunes and there's definitely no reason they should drop Out of Control as they're playing it with a ton of energy.

U2 have now played a total of 31 different songs over the two nights counting the lengthy Hands That Built America snippet and the Moment of Surrender snippet (that song had been practiced acoustically prior to appearing with Bad last night). All of them were heard being rehearsed in Vancouver previously. That leaves 11 other recently rehearsed songs potentially waiting for their debut:

Boy: The Electric Co. (1)
The Joshua Tree: Running To Stand Still (1)
Achtung Baby: The Fly (acoustic), Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World (acoustic) (2)
Pop: Playboy Mansion (1)
All That You Can't Leave Behind: Elevation (1)
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb: One Step Closer (1)
No Line On The Horizon: Magnificent, No Line On The Horizon (acoustic) (2)
Non-album: Ordinary Love, The Ground Beneath Her Feet (acoustic) (2)

Full Band Run-Throughs: Running To Stand Still, Playboy Mansion, Elevation, One Step Closer, Magnificent, Ordinary Love (6)
Acoustic Only Run-Throughs: The Fly, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, No Line On The Horizon, The Ground Beneath Her Feet (4)
Edge Only Run-Through: The Electric Co. (1)

Might not be too many more surprises in the tank soon unless they decide to do an Acoustic mini-set in the near future (something I think most of us would rather not see). Ordinary Love is the only track in that bunch that seemed to be worked on quite recently, and with the intention of making the set, while they could always drop in Elevation somewhere if they get desperate.

Regardless of this set list criticism, both nights were amazing!!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

Tonight's show proves that this tour will get better. If it was great for me watching through a billion streams, I can only imagine it in person! Really wish I was going to see them this year!

I think the SBS/RBW/UTEOTW segment is great and works really well. brilliant thematic ideas there.

the transition from Cedarwood into Song for Someone is kinda awkward. we need another early song there.

Gloria would be a great number to have. The spiritual awakening for the band and an early tune at that...would fit nicely in there without being an explosive rocker or calmer ballad.

Gloria would be a great number to have. The spiritual awakening for the band and an early tune at that...would fit nicely in there without being an explosive rocker or calmer ballad.

absolutely!! there needs to be some October representation. Gloria would be perfect, Bono could still nail it.

I am surprised there isn't any mention of their spiritual awakening in the opening set. (doubtful) Rejoice or (even more doubtful) With a Shout would both fill that role nicely too.

My buddy was the one streaming tonight on Periscope. ZOOTV33

Tonight was much better than last night, but I had seats (3rd row upper deck) and I shot awesome footage since I had no obstructions and a much better view of the screen. More to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom