SURVIVOR - One World - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2012, 06:21 AM   #31
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 08:24 PM

no sign of any Australian air date soon so may have to ..... download it...

Old 02-16-2012, 06:28 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
not off to a good start at all

the guys are just a bunch of arrogant dicks.
The ladies weren't exactly putting a good showing in either. At least the guys got along with each other for the most part. The ladies not so much.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

A mediocre first episode.

How much I like this season will be inversely proportional to how long Colton stays.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Definitely not off to a rousing start.

The "you have to give the idol to the other team" thing blows.
Alicia is an uberbitch.
Its obvious the men would get fire quickly as they have Colton who is flaming.
Broken wrist saved Kourtney from being voted off first cause that looks like how it would have gone down anyway.
Matt Shirtstain isn't the brightest bulb on the tree, obviously math not a prerequisite to becoming a lawyer when he forms an alliance of 4 and calls it "dominant" on a 9 person tribe...he'll be gone soon.
The Pit Boss acquitted himself well.
Please no more shots of Nina till her fat lip heals (OK just no more closeups of Nina period).
Old 02-16-2012, 10:52 AM   #35
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
The ladies weren't exactly putting a good showing in either. At least the guys got along with each other for the most part. The ladies not so much.
The guys started it by stealing their shit from off the truck.

I enjoyed the first episode. Major drama already

Alicia wont last long with that bitch ass attitude.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
not off to a good start at all

the guys are just a bunch of arrogant dicks.
Not a good start for the women, I agree. But from an entertainment standpoint, I thought it was a much better beginning than probably the last two seasons. Last season, I don't think I got invested at all until later in the season. . .In fact, I don't think I was ever invested in last season. But this season, I already have favorites in the first episode.

My only complaint is that it looks like the women are going to be lagging challenge-wise, which I think is unfortunate.

The guys do seem to be jerks, but I think there are some decent guys in there--they're just overshadowed by the assholes--the banker and that blond guy and the two Tarzans. There sure doesn't seem to be much incentive to make nice with the other tribe. Makes it easy for your own tribe to vote you out.

I really like the alliance Chelsea and Sabrina are in (even though I concede that Alicia is highly annoying), and I hope it goes far.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post

Alicia wont last long with that bitch ass attitude.
She may, if that first day alliance holds and her attitude remains directed at those outside her alliance. If I'm Chelsea and Sabrina (can't remember who the other two were in that group...Kat was one of them, I think), seeing how things are shaping up challenge-wise, having that alliance is vital and keeping Alicia around would be a good long term strategy.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I agree with maycocksean, Alicia is absolutely safe. The girls will stick to that five-some alliance for sure since the weaklings are all on the outside.

Chelsea seems to be the best pick to win at this point. She had a strong "winner's quote" in the first episode about controlling the game, snatched up two chickens (!), had a great quote after the challenge that kind of presented her as the tribal leader, etc. She's also clearly athletic enough to be a big immunity threat as well.

Colton is just a terrible, terrible player. He pretty much gave up about ten minutes into the game. Honestly, if he avoided the girls and helped do some manly work with the guys, he could probably easily outlast Tarzan and another male or two on his tribe. Now, he's just a sitting duck and will probably receive all the votes when they go to tribal, play the idol and send home somebody strong. This will only further ruin his position within the tribe which is already at a low.

I thought the premiere was an excellent start. It doesn't look like this season will have much in the way of huge personalities, but I think it's a game savvy enough bunch that will make for some interesting switch-ups down the round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
My only complaint is that it looks like the women are going to be lagging challenge-wise, which I think is unfortunate
Did you see the other male vs. female seasons? The challenges are pretty bullshit and don't require much in the way of physicality (which, frankly, I prefer to a season like Palau which was all physical). In both Amazon/Vanuatu, they had challenges with a balance beam and the men ended up getting their asses kicked which was why it was surprising to see them do so well on it last night. Survivor allows you to go across the beam on your ass though, so pity the men that go themselves in trouble right away by not doing the obvious.

Anyway, we'll see lots of challenges heavy on puzzle elements or getting through slim obstacle courses, etc. The women will win plenty.
Old 02-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Big Mac, I was just reading your predictions from the last several Survivor seasons. None of them panned out. Maybe this season you'll break your streak.
Well, I predicted that Kourtney/Colton would stick out right away and Jeff even picked them out at the start of the episode for that reason, so plus on me. Also, the strong males have control over on the men's tribe (with them already laughing at Tarzan) and the young, strong women have taken over on the women's tribe. So, technically, my prediction from earlier is quite correct although I don't think it took any skill to suss any of that out simply by looking at this cast.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Dude, you've been predicting winners for the last several seasons and been incorrect every time. Don't go breaking your arm patting yourself on the back by predicting that Kourtney/Colton would stick out like sore thumbs. Kourtney has tattoos near her tits and wore a whale hat. Colton has a lisp that would put the boys on Christopher Street to shame. I'm pretty sure everyone else thought they would stick out from the rest of the cast.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

By the way, Big Mac, I'm just busting your balls. I certainly appreciate your passion for the show and the game.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:57 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
Well, I predicted that Kourtney/Colton would stick out right away and Jeff even picked them out at the start of the episode for that reason, so plus on me. Also, the strong males have control over on the men's tribe (with them already laughing at Tarzan) and the young, strong women have taken over on the women's tribe. So, technically, my prediction from earlier is quite correct although I don't think it took any skill to suss any of that out simply by looking at this cast.

Hope you're right. I'm rooting for the women personally, so I don't want to see them blown out at challenges.

I agree that the challenges are fair, but based on last night's episode and the preview next week it sounds like they struggle challenge-wise at least initially.

I also agree about Chelsea. Catching those chickens when no one else could--pretty badass! I like her a lot--she's tough, she seems to have a good head on her shoulders, comes off as an all-around cool chick. I hope she goes far. She could be my first "Survivor crush" since I was smitten with Dani years back (she won the season she was in ).
Old 02-17-2012, 03:39 AM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
By the way, Big Mac, I'm just busting your balls. I certainly appreciate your passion for the show and the game.
Well, predicting a winner is a pretty hard science to be honest. I mean, you have a 1-in-16to20 chance of getting it right. I did peg Richard Hatch as the winner of Borneo and Aras as the winner of Exile Island, but I think that's it based on a first episode choice.

Anyway, this is page 2 of the thread and Alicia's ass needs some more
Old 02-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Oh yes, it's very difficult. I don't really try to predict who wins. I just pick out a few people who I root for.
Alicia definitely has some booty, but she should know better than to play the bitch card. Being a bitch doesn't really work in Survivor. Look at Jerri. She played the bitch card and didn't come close to winning. Even though she was a Villian in Heroes Vs. Villains, her nicer side emerged and she at least advanced further in the game.

I thought the first episode was very entertaining. When the guys started stealing from the ladies, it wasn't like Jeff was yelling for them to stop. All's fair in Survivor and war. Just ask Rupert the Pirate.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:08 PM   #45
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 02:24 AM
I liked the first episode, especially the guys stealing the girls' stuff. All's fair in this game.