Humpybong State Infants School, Margate, Brisbane, QLD, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WhoScarf is
scarfimg.php
finished. :D

Я обнаруживаю намек сарказма там.

И в виду того что I никогда не сказало его официально, с днем рождения, Vlad.

Oh, and I forgot to reply to this ...

I remember that ear infection. You were freakin' miserable for almost a month. Didn't you end up having to have surgery? No, that was your nose. Never mind.

Yeah, the ear infection was in ... August? Coincided with the Beijing Olympics, anyway. Knocked me down for so fucking long; I remember watching basically every event at the Olympics because all I could do was lie on the couch. Then the nose op was to resolve a longstanding problem, in December that year.

That bloody ear infection was the harbinger of many to come in the last two years. :grumpy:

Я обнаруживаю намек сарказма там.

И в виду того что I никогда не сказало его официально, с днем рождения, Vlad.

:therethere:

That's because you didn't invite me to your party. Many would have been the kvass and vodka, but no invitation reached me!

I'm sorry I have failed you Axver. :(

Something must be done, I swear.

Seriously, since when was steak and mushroom such a popular pie flavour? Though I suppose I never really paid attention to it since I don't like mushroom in the first place ...

What frustrates me is how infrequently you find potato top pies at Australian pie shops. Never mind butter chicken, which is impossible! New Zealand bakeries > Australian bakeries (both for selection and price).

Butter chicken pies :drool: I took them for granted when I lived in NZ! New Zealand bakeries have so much more of a selection than Aussie ones. Also, what's up with Australia not having apple turnovers? Madness!

My life is so incomplete without apple turnovers.

And my life is so much poorer when lemon tarts cost $3 rather than $1.

Seriously, since when was steak and mushroom such a popular pie flavour? Though I suppose I never really paid attention to it since I don't like mushroom in the first place ...

What frustrates me is how infrequently you find potato top pies at Australian pie shops. Never mind butter chicken, which is impossible! New Zealand bakeries > Australian bakeries (both for selection and price).

Whatchoo sheep shaggin' fungi going on about? Potato top pies are everywhere. Maybe it's a nsw thing? Vic is a bit odd with food I've found..
And apple turnovers are at every bakery I've ever known. Even the shitty chains like michel's sell them around here.

Whatchoo sheep shaggin' fungi going on about? Potato top pies are everywhere. Maybe it's a nsw thing? Vic is a bit odd with food I've found..
And apple turnovers are at every bakery I've ever known. Even the shitty chains like michel's sell them around here.

I'd say you can get a potato top pie at 1 out of 5 bakeries down here.

As for apple turnovers, none of the local bakeries have them. Not even Baker's Delight. Though admittedly I haven't so much as checked the local Michel's. Most of the ones around us are Greek or Italian bakeries, as befits the ethnic make-up of the area - their stuff is amazing, but quite lacking on the apple turnover front.

I had to dare the cold, didn't I? Protip: Don't get on Google docs while fucked up on cough syrup and sudafed. :shifty:

three things;

1. apple turnovers are awesome
2. i can get a full meal from the bakery five minutes from my house for under $7. i don't think that's legally possible in the usa?
3. i assume butter chicken pies would suck. should i assume otherwise?

Nyquil, ftw. I posing while high on cough syrup still considered drunkposting?

:tsk: Ian, Ian. How have you got through life without one? They're the best thing.
great, thanks. now i'm going to search the local bakeries until i find one. i guess if the near my house does them i'll have a shot. i have two nearby bakeries that are awesome, so i'll try my luck tomorrow morning.

i know the cafeteria at uni sold them, but everything there sucked. the wedges were mccain hot banditos. if you're going to upsell something at a premium to me, don't make it recognisable.

three things;

1. apple turnovers are awesome
2. i can get a full meal from the bakery five minutes from my house for under $7. i don't think that's legally possible in the usa?
3. i assume butter chicken pies would suck. should i assume otherwise?

1. Yes, yes, yes.
2. Charlotte and I got a full meal each for a total of $6 at this bakery in Northcross - we actually felt bad paying so little! Does frustrate me a bit that I can get three items at a bakery in New Zealand for about the same price as 1.5 in any Aussie inner suburb.
3. You should! I avoided chicken pies of any kind until quite recently. Butter chicken pies have, however, become a welcome part of my diet.

I used to know (well, know of) this 13-year-old "rebel" who would drink cough syrup to get "high". Some friends and I once considered getting him to smoke parsley and see how out-of-it he acted.

great, thanks. now i'm going to search the local bakeries until i find one. i guess if the near my house does them i'll have a shot. i have two nearby bakeries that are awesome, so i'll try my luck tomorrow morning.

i know the cafeteria at uni sold them, but everything there sucked. the wedges were mccain hot banditos. if you're going to upsell something at a premium to me, don't make it recognisable.

Hurrah! :up:

Oh god uni cafeterias are the devil. I once ordered wedges and they asked me "would you like cheese?" I replied "of course!" thinking it would actually be cheese, but no, it was this awful sort of yellow paste. I was nearly ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom