Apples, Switzerland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And hey, Daniels, if either of you are still here - did you have a heart attack from horror or laughter when you heard John Howard has been nominated for ICC president?

I think I'm still chuckling and shaking my head.

:lol: i quite liked the idea, but once the novelty wears off i'm sure it'll suck.

from what i understand NZ had a far better candidate in Sir John Anderson, who actually has experience other than bouncing the ball back in front of your face on a dry Pakistani pitch, but our stubbornness means Howard got put up, which doesn't seem right.

Yeah, I'm just stunned that Cricket Australia was so adamant about having an Aussie that they vetoed an eminently qualified Kiwi candidate in favour of some doddering has-been politician whose knowledge of cricket is even smaller than his stature. Is that really the best CA could do? Well, I guess Mr Howard needs something to occupy his time now that even the good people of Bennelong don't want him ...

Can't wait for the lulz during his term in 2012-14. :happy:

Nah, not really, was only somewhat familiar with his name before this whole thing erupted. But I think it's pretty self-evident he's 1,000x more qualified than Howard for the job.

Chalk another one up to Cricket Australia being complete tosspots.

I found it very hard to believe when I first heard of the news, very ... uncalled for.

I know I just said it in the cricket thread, but I'd just like to say it here as well:

TONY ABBOTT IS A CUNT.

I've seen cunts before, but he's the cuntiest cunt who's ever cunted.

Overly strong language? Tony Cuntbott was confronted about his lack of policy on combatting and eradicating poverty. He justified this inaction by quoting a Bible verse about how the poor will always be with us.

You can't make this shit up.

He can't even quote the intended meaning of his own religious scripture correctly. What a dithering fool. Still can't believe the Libs ousted Malcolm Turnbull, a competent politician, in favour of this CUNT.

Thank you. I feel better now.

(And OK, Dick Cheney is the cuntiest cunt who's ever cunted. I'll be fair here.)

THOSE WORDS BURN MY EYES. :no:

Despite it being the truth.

I swear you're highly underestimating George W. Bush. DOES HE NOT BELONG IN THAT LIST?

:lol: it's quite a good word, cunt. very sharp on either end. a lot of girls don't like it though.

i'm forgetting what Turnbull fucked up that he was kicked out for... :scratch: he made up fibs about Rudd didn't he?

:lol: it's quite a good word, cunt. very sharp on either end. a lot of girls don't like it though.

i'm forgetting what Turnbull fucked up that he was kicked out for... :scratch: he made up fibs about Rudd didn't he?

You better not be implying that I'm a girl. :wink:

It hurts my eyes and ears since it's normally associated with bogans. I don't like being in the presence of bogans. :no:

But I'm more used to hearing it in comparison to before.

I swear you're highly underestimating George W. Bush. DOES HE NOT BELONG IN THAT LIST?

See, I always felt Bush was really just a misguided fool beyond his station, and a bit of a puppet for the neocon ideologues. Cheney wielded the ideological power there and pulled a lot of the strings, hence I prefer to single out him rather than Bush.

I'll also single out Donald Rumsfeld ahead of Bush.

You'd be surprised how much Charlotte and I have been using the word 'cunt' lately. I suppose I could try to justify it as "trying to destigmatise the word" or something, but really it just rolls so nicely off the tongue.

Yeah, a mountain was made out of a hilarious molehill, though I think the bigger backlash within the party was that Turnbull alienated the more right wing and socially conservative wing of the Liberal Party. He actually had his head screwed on with regards to climate change, he had a measure of empathy and leaned closer to social liberalism than conservatism, and embodied the classical Liberal tradition of economic liberalism. I disagree with his economic policy (no shit; I'm a Keynesian!), but there's no doubting he actually UNDERSTANDS economics, which is much more than I can say for Abbott.

See, I always felt Bush was really just a misguided fool beyond his station, and a bit of a puppet for the neocon ideologues. Cheney wielded the ideological power there and pulled a lot of the strings, hence I prefer to single out him rather than Bush.

I'll also single out Donald Rumsfeld ahead of Bush.

I'll go with my stereotypes of him and just describe him as a guy who puts his finger on the "eject bomb" button all too often.

I'll go with my stereotypes of him and just describe him as a guy who puts his finger on the "eject bomb" button all too often.

The great thing about Bush is that he was so intellectually lazy that he lets us be intellectually lazy and use stereotypes because he has so little depth of character that they're true.

Thanks Dubya.

The great thing about Bush is that he was so intellectually lazy that he lets us be intellectually lazy and use stereotypes because he has so little depth of character that they're true.

Thanks Dubya.

My friend always tells me that he is in fact an intelligent person it's just he'd dyslexic. I'M SORRY BUT I DON'T BELIEVE.

I only just realised that Dubya = Bush. :lol:

YouTube - Must See Hilarious George Bush Bloopers!

No intelligent person would have made the decisions/blunders Bush did. Fact.

In a way I still miss him, he brought much unintended laughter to our homes.

I'm sure he'll be back as president of some international sporting body in the next couple of years. :wink:

Dick Cheney will be president of the American Hunting Organisation so that he can "accidentally" shoot more of his hunting partners.

Back
Top Bottom