Zooropa...Lemon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the rockin edge

Blue Crack Addict
:drool:

I finally bought Zooropa the other day, thanks to Zootlesque bugging me:wink:

I already knew and loved Dirty Day & Stay, but the whole thing is great, there's hardly anthing bad on it.

but the point of this thread is LEMON:drool: I can't get enough of it, it's sooooooo good and sooooo addictive:drool: :drool: it's been on repeat for an hour now and i'm still not bored of it:drool:

:bow:Lemon

Dance to Lemon.
Take photos of Lemon.
Eat Lemon.
Embrace Lemon.
Love Lemon.
LIVE Lemon.

Tre! You actually created a thread in EYKIW??? :ohmy: ;)

Congratulations on getting Zooropa! :applaud:

It's fucking fantastic to hear that you're getting blown away by the album! :love:

Zooropa
Numb
Lemon
Stay
Daddy
Dirty Day
First Time
:drool: :drool: :drool:

^ :ohmy: agreed!

zooropa is a brilliant album, once I got it I couldn't stop listening to it..
lemon :drool:

StlElevation said:
wait you had like 12000 posts and never heard lemon before? geez

My guess is that about 9000 or so of his posts are not only restricted to a certain forum but to a certain series of threads. ;)

I have a question.

Does hearing Zooropa change your overall view of U2?

I ask because I hear so many people slag them off and I know none of these people are familiar with there more avant garde work. I am not saying you are one of those people. Just curious.

Holy! Now I don't feel so bad about not seeing the Popmart in Mexico show yet. :wink:

Speaking of Lemon, have you heard the Perfecto Mix off Melon yet? Very lemonese. :drool:

the rockin edge said:
:drool:

I finally bought Zooropa the other day, thanks to Zootlesque bugging me:wink:

I already knew and loved Dirty Day & Stay, but the whole thing is great, there's hardly anthing bad on it.

Have you found the hidden alarm at the end of it yet?

Vorsprung durch Technik. :drool:

I'm surprised you're only getting Zooropa now, TRE, but I'm very glad you did! And I'm glad you like Lemon! Most U2 fans I know (outside of this board) hate Lemon. Yet, everything about the song kicks ass. The infectious bass line, the other-worldly phaser friendly guitar, the beat, the falsetto...

Now do yourself a favour and purchase the Best Of 1990-2000 DVD to see the video!

Lemon is U2's most consistantly listenable song. Some songs get old quiet qucikly or have you lose and gain interest depending on your mood... but Lemon is good for all occassions (as is Zooropa). As GG said, everything about this song kicks ass, the croony vocals, some killer lyrics, Larry's drumming and that funky bassline. And I just love the unique structure that it has without a definitive chorus or bridge, and while it is their longest song it doesn't sound over indulgent at all.

The ZooTV version is brilliant too. :combust:

Absolutely loved Lemon the first time I heard it, it was so bizzare, wierd... unlike anything I had ever heard before.
And the lyrics equally matched the music for its wierdness and imagination.

A truely wonderful song.

:drool: LEEEMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNN!!! :drool:

I just got Zooropa a week ago, and I agree that Lemon is addictive!!!

I'm not too sure about the video though... :shrug:

Thank you all, havn't heard Lemon for ages and after reading this thread, can't get it out of my head! Love the song...

She wore Lemon, but never in the daylight.......

I really like Lemon too, but I have to admit, I hadn't heard it ever until I saw the video on Best of 1990-2000. I really, really like that video, talk about simplicity!

And now, everytime you go to the grocery store and see a real lemon.. you'll get the song in your head :wink:

It is a great song though :up: Glad to hear you're discovering the ooy googy Zooropa goodness!

Back
Top Bottom