wild speculation: could U2 unveil new songs at inauguration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with Bono being there and performing if he wishes but I am pretty sure U2wont be there because I think the rest of the band just wants to focus on music for awhile....and even Bono is coming across that way lately, we havent seen much of him in the press in the last year or so, which is fine with me.

I don't think any band member will be there. I just don't see them performing at that event. Springsteen will be there, so it will be very huge.

What does that make you?

Wow, it only took 9 minutes to get under your skin. I knew you would be the first to reply with your incompetence. The blind are the one's who voted for Obama. I did not vote for him because I don't trust him and he scares the shit out of me! Hence, ...blind leading the blind...Of course as our new president I hope he'll prove me wrong.

And BonoVoxWhackedstar, no need to to prove your whit and IQ with me, I have already come to that conclusion and it's not pretty. If negatively responding to every single post I write makes you feel better than me, more power to you...I understand some people feel the need to do so.

And lastly, in regards to my views on Obama...their just my opinions, no need to get hostile!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Under my skin? Not at all...

Who is getting hostile? Definately not me. I think you may read too much into my posts...

Given your temperament I thought you were going to tell me you were actually John McCain, that's why I asked the question...:shrug:

Everyone has a right to an oppionion. I was TERRIFIED of McCain (Bomb Bomb Bomb Iran) and don't see what could be scary about Obama but that's just me.

Anyway I see nothing wrong with Bono or U2 performing at the Inauguration. Why the heck would it be in bad taste??? The President is going to be the President of the USA for at least the next 4 years for Democrats, Republicans and Indipendants (Like me). There is no bad taste involved and performing there would not make him Partisen, It just means he wanted to honor the incoming President.

It would be seen as partisan. There's already going to be a long line of celebrities there to drool over The Celebrity, anyway. I really hope that U2 don't perform, and I highly doubt that they will. I think there would be a better chance of it if Bono was not involved in such political work as he's been doing for so long.

rainy days,
why don't you take your name calling of members here somewhere else.. I really don't think it's necessary nor the subject matter of this thread..

It would be seen as partisan. There's already going to be a long line of celebrities there to drool over The Celebrity, anyway. I really hope that U2 don't perform, and I highly doubt that they will. I think there would be a better chance of it if Bono was not involved in such political work as he's been doing for so long.

But what does he have to lose? Nothing really... Like I said before he won't be working with any conservative control for awhile and even if he did, why would this effect anything? It wouldn't.

I think everyone pretty much knows where Bono and U2 are in the political spectrum, the only thing Bono has to be careful of is speaking out against those he will have to work with and not coming down too heavy on certain issues...

:up:
But what does he have to lose? Nothing really... Like I said before he won't be working with any conservative control for awhile and even if he did, why would this effect anything? It wouldn't.

I think everyone pretty much knows where Bono and U2 are in the political spectrum, the only thing Bono has to be careful of is speaking out against those he will have to work with and not coming down too heavy on certain issues...

This is true, but I fear the backlash would come on the order of "Bono's trying to steal Obamas thunder", or they only played to promote their new album. :blahblah:
They don't really have anything to lose, but sometimes they just can't win either.
With that said, I would love to at least see Bono there.:up:

So you won't care if I call you an asshole?

(Based on this discussion and your commenting that "sluts deserve what they get" on another discussion forum?)

(Sorry mods. I felt it had to be said.)
no, it doesn't. please do not bring drama from closed threads into other ones.

and personal attacks aren't allowed, either.

So you won't care if I call you an asshole?

(Based on this discussion and your commenting that "sluts deserve what they get" on another discussion forum?)

(Sorry mods. I felt it had to be said.)

You can call me whatever you want if that makes you feel better.
I can't believe some of you people...this is a U2 thread which I thought was about U2, but has become more about Madonna, someones bedroom wall with explicit pictures, more photos of boobs, threads talking about getting into madonna's pants and bra and I make a comment about sluts getting what they deserve and I'm an asshole.

What's wrong with society today...does anyone care about what is right from wrong anymore. Where's the values? Kids have sex thrown into their faces from every direction and the pressure kids face is unbelievable. That is why I love and respect U2's music and what they stand for. They did not conform to the typical "sex, drugs and rock&roll" image, yet their the biggest band in the world.

I'm done preaching.

I can't believe some of you people...this is a U2 thread which I thought was about U2, but has become more about ...:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:......What's wrong with society today...does anyone care about what is right from wrong anymore. Where's the values? Kids have sex thrown into their faces from every direction and the pressure kids face is unbelievable. That is why I love and respect U2's music and what they stand for. They did not conform to the typical "sex, drugs and rock&roll" image, yet their the biggest band in the world.

I'm done preaching.

I think that given that people are criticizing derailing this thread yet go on to derail the thread themselves, and given the lack of even a miniscule chance that U2 will actually play at Inauguration, perhaps this thread has run its course?

I think there is a very good chance that some or all of the members of U2 will be at the inauguration (like 1993, when Larry and Adam attended). I think the chances are pretty slim that they will perform, unless it's a small acoustic set somewhere (again, like 1993).

I hope they show up just to see the reactions of all of the people who are speaking as they they got a call from Bono telling them no way in hell will they be there to perform or otherwise. :lmao:

Either way, Inauguration week is probably going to very exciting for many reasons, i.e. inauguration, new single... :hyper:

I hope they show up just to see the reactions of all of the people who are speaking as they they got a call from Bono telling them no way in hell will they be there to perform or otherwise. :lmao:

Either way, Inauguration week is probably going to very exciting for many reasons, i.e. inauguration, new single... :hyper:

That's right! Whatever happens or doesn't will never take away my joy!
Not even the haters around here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom