While waiting hours in line for GA before concert, what do you bring?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
don't leave the GA for more than 2 minutes or Chizip will sit in your chair. freeloader indeed :yes:

Tania, I camped in chicago and showered at my cousin's house, who live there...other times i've had a hotel and have also camped, so just use the hotel for showering.

:wave: suz4u2

Ruffian, do you have any suggestions for a hotel in the Chicago area if I just use it for showering?

tawanda said:
:wave: suz4u2

Ruffian, do you have any suggestions for a hotel in the Chicago area if I just use it for showering?

the cass hotel and the congress are the cheapest that are relatively close to the venue (about a $6.00 cab ride, and i think they are about 90 a night). i usually share a room with several other people, and it has really been worth the money to have a place to go when you take a break from the GA. and usually i don't camp--i just get in line really early.

Carmelu2fan said:

So you bring nothing:wink:

i just bring a cheery disposition. i dont need all that fancy stuff to keep me entertained. there are lots of great u2 fans to chat with, and thats all i need to help pass the time, some good companionship

Chizip said:

i just bring a cheery disposition. i dont need all that fancy stuff to keep me entertained. there are lots of great u2 fans to chat with, and thats all i need to help pass the time, some good companionship

I thought you hated people? :scratch:

Chizip said:

I am going to give that a shot!!!:wink: *as I unpack my chair ,radio,notepad,pencil,moistwipes,jacket,camera,makeup,bottled water,cellphone,ID,gum,cash:drunk:

So how long can you leave the line before people get pissed off when you return? I keep hearing that around 3 or 4p.m. around sound check time, the band tends to be outside to meet fans. Do a ton of people always go to try to find them around that time? I would love to try! I'll have to leave my husband in line, though! :wink:

the general norm that i follow is you treat the GA like a bank account...you can't take time out without having put some in. I usually leave to go shower around midday, and then lots of people do leave when the band comes. it's just good to communicate with the people behind you, and to not take advantage by leaving for hours and hours. i hate that it has to be an endurance competition, and i'm totally fine with people leaving for an hour or two...and i think most other people are, too...you need to eat, and hey, good hygiene in the GA is always a benefit to those around you :up:

How early are you getting there that you need to shower? Just wondering... Planning on arriving from Chicago maybe at 3 a.m. Is a shower really necessary? I don't sweat that much! :D

it depends for me on the weather...some shows i've frozen my butt off and others i've been sweating alot. usually, because i'm sleep deprived, a shower wakes me up and gives me a nice break. and i like smelling good for Bono :flirt:

I've hear that it's in the back of the venue, fans show up to meet the band around 3 or 4 in the afternoon (I've read on this website) around sound check time. I will try this myself this GA performance!!! Hope it's the right info!!!

Condoms.

:wink:

I'm kidding ... unless you're really planning on having sex in the GA line, in which case you really should bring some condoms. And go behind some bushes, to be discreet.

suz4u2...it sounds like we have about the same plan in mind...are you going to Chicago?

In May when we went, there was quite a crowd assembled by the gate waiting for the band.

Have tickets for behind the stage in Chicago and GA for Bradley Center Milwaukee. Hoping to meet the band at Milwaukee! They say it's a smaller venue... Hoping it will be more of an "intimate" concert. Can't wait for both shows!

suz4u2 said:
I've hear that it's in the back of the venue, fans show up to meet the band around 3 or 4 in the afternoon (I've read on this website) around sound check time. I will try this myself this GA performance!!! Hope it's the right info!!!

I hope so too:hyper: If I could just get a veiw at Bono walking into the Arena, I would be happy!!!:wink: I am so glad I am lucky enough to go!!!:up:

Get there at 1 ish if you want a good spot before U2 arrives for soundcheck? I bet the GA line would be pissed off if every one who wanted to meet them was gone for too long. Right?

it depends on if you were gone three hours for lunch :wink: leaving for an hour or two is usually not a problem. chicago last time around was crazy during fan meetings...pushing, shoving and really rude behavior. there's not much place to stand near the entrance where the band arrive.

Yeah, I was there! I was not one of the rude, pushy people. I was kinda sorry I wasn't more pushy...as I ended up at the back of the crowd, too far away from bono!!!:sad:

The people I was with did, however get close to him.

ruffian said:
:tsk:
r1920434441.jpg

images.jpg

HE'S NEKKID UNDER THAT ROBE!

starsgoblue said:
Yes, but get there around 1ish if you want a good spot/chance. :shh:

Thank you for the info Stars but I prob will not make it that early cause my plane will not arrive there untill 1:sad: That was the earlist flight avail.I also have to wait untill 3 or 4 to pick up my ETS ticket from Fado's:( So I prob won't be there untill 4 maybe 5:scream:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom