While waiting hours in line for GA before concert, what do you bring?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suzannern2321

The Fly
Hi! Can anyone give me any hints? Have GA tix and plan on getting in line by midnight the night before. GA is new to me... What do you experienced GA goers bring along to stay comfortable? Sleeping bags? Folding chairs? What else? I know it's going to be a long wait!!! :confused: Thanks!!!

nothing special; food, drinks, reading material, sunscreen....depending on if you have a car to put stuff in in the afternoon, maybe coolers and chairs and a sleeping bag.

In May out of state I literally had an egg mcmuffin and a bottle of water because I didn't have any place to put anything and clearly wasn't taking anything in. :|

hand sanitizer
paper towels
toilet paper for when the port-o-let runs out
music
earplugs if you are camping, assuming you are in a safe place with people you trust
aspirin
paper, pen (i always meet people and we exchange emails)

martha said:
Science and math tests to grade. :up:

:ohmy:

I'm *totally* gonna be grading in the GA this fall. Let's swap papers and assign random grades! :up:

ruffian said:

I'm *totally* gonna be grading in the GA this fall. Let's swap papers and assign random grades! :up:

I'm TA-ing again this semester so I might have to do this as well (kudos to you guys for grading your own stuff).

i rented a mini-van for san diego. i had two coolers, one for water, one for beer and soda (i brought extra so i could offer them to people i met), blankets, pillows, snacks, poptarts, etc. portable dvd player, folding chairs and magazines.

in the morning, after they moved the line, i brought a folding chair, magazines, a book, and a small cooler for water.

ruffian said:

I graded my US history papers in may and entertained some with the answers my juniors gave me.

I will be grading world civ papers this fall. hooray.

WildHoneyAlways said:

I graded my US history papers in may and entertained some with the answers my juniors gave me.

I will be grading world civ papers this fall. hooray.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I-Pod, chocolate bars, water, Advil, jam, jelly, ham, cheese, prosciutto, two extra tires for the car, Pepto Bismol, my lucky rabbit leg, my pet buffalo... and a palm tree for shade.

WildHoneyAlways said:

Are you drooling b/c I was a tool and did work instead of socialized like I should have? :wink:

I think U2Man is just imagining the 'sexy teacher' fantasy... :wink:

sinhua_sexy_teacher.jpg

I told you not to post my classroom pictures here :|

is that a pac man face drawn on the chalkboard??

:laugh:

WildHoneyAlways, I'll be a grading dork with you :up: And I'm gonna make Bono sign an excused absence for me.

:tsk: you boys don't take academic life seriously enough. now in terms of sexy scholars...

r1920434441.jpg

images.jpg

Last edited:
:no: Ruff,,, U2Man´s photo is much better :drool:

Granted, Bono looks ok ( careful now Yimou,, Dont say too much ) But his hair = :barf: in that picture

ok, granted...the hair is a little funky. but c'mon, Bono in academic clothes?

:drool:

ruffian said:
ok, granted...the hair is a little funky. but c'mon, Bono in academic clothes?

I love when they give these titles and honours to people who haven't done one line of academic work in their entire life :wink:

Bono sat in on Jeffrey Sachs course on poverty at Harvard :up: But hey, it's an "honorary" degree. My university gives them to elderly people who might soon die and leave us money.

Ok, getting back on topic, don't forget to bring clothes for any weather occasion in the GA line. In San Diego in March we froze our butts off late in the day, but earlier it was really hot and everyone got sunburned. And a rain poncho is a good idea.

I like the idea of renting a car big enough to sleep in comfortably--I slept outside one night in Chicago last year and another night in the car...car was a little more comfortable (but maybe that was because of the drunken singing that went on all night).

Hi Amy! :wave:

Yeah, I'd give Bono a course pass to get into mine...but i'd make him sit in front row and clean erasers after class.

LivLuvB...less than a month till Chicago! :hyper:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom