Where Does U2 Place In Your Top 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
55 and still rocking out !!! :D
\\\personally I don't think someone hits "old" staus until into their 70's, and even that depends on each person . There're people who seem/act and LOOK old from a much younger age.

One of the activities that *def helps keep me youthful*! :)

that's amazing. i remember the 1st time i saw u2 on the zoo tv tour. i looked around the stadium and saw people of all ages, and i mean all ages. i've never seen this at any other show i've been too. keep rocking "old man":wink:, i'm 20 years behind you, but i'll catch up.:D

:combust:

I love that song!! I never knew it was by him!!

It's got that line "A freight train runnin' through the middle of my head" lyric yeah?

You, you cool my desire
oooo I'm on fire

Yes! I'm on Fire, it's on Born In The USA

U2 will always be my number 1 but they are not light years ahead of the rest of the pack as they used to be. The other 9 in my top 10 are just how i feel this week, next week it could all change.

1. u2

2 Radiohead

3. Johnny Cash

4 Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds

5 The Doors

6 Royksopp

7 Air

8 The Rolling Stones(pre 72)

9 Hendrix

10 The Pogues

55 and still rocking out !!! :D
\\\personally I don't think someone hits "old" staus until into their 70's, and even that depends on each person . There're people who seem/act and LOOK old from a much younger age.

One of the activities that *def helps keep me youthful*! :)
:cool:

And I'll throw in CCR based on the fact they are the only band I know of that you could play at any party for any age group and nobdy ever says "turn this off".

That is a brilliant observation. Very true, very universal...at least in my corner thereof. Easily one of the ten best singles bands, since the '60s, but their LPs are kinda spotty (the ostensibly perfect Cosmos Factory notwithstanding) for me to put them in this kind of discussion.

1. U2
2. Bob Dylan
3. The beatles (and solo john and paul)
4. Radiohead
5. David Bowie

The others - Rolling Stones, Foo Fighters, Led Zeppelin , Oasis, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Arctic Monkeys.

IMO i think bob dylan is the best songwriter of all time and the best lyricist but he cant beat u2 at performing songs and u2 has just that other dimension to their music plus bono has a much better voice:D

1: U2

2 and up, depending on mood:
Green Day, Muse, John Denver, The Who, Pink Floyd, Bruce Springsteen, might even be Keane/Killers/kaiser Chiefs, used to be Queen (before Live Aid) :)

1. U2

2. My Morning Jacket
3. Rolling Stones
4. Dylan
5. All the great artist, bands, songs, albums, and concerts that have made me who I am :)

ah.....I'm one who doesn't always like the strictish hierarchy of No# 1, 2 3........et al..

I tend to group things/bands in ultra fav, fav, like alot like etc catagories..:D

SO that the fact that U2 has joined my earlier pantheon of R&R greats attests to me how ***exceptional*** (U2) they are.
my ultra-favs:
The Who/ Bruce & E Street (+other band) / Patti Smith Band/ Televsion/ U2

my favs:
Talking Heads/ Pearl Jam/ The Beatles*/ B-52's/ Big Country/ Simple Minds/ Siouxee & the Bandshees/ Style Council/ CHina Crisis/The Animals/ The Byrds/ REM [more in this catagory BUT too tired and rushed to think of more .....

:crack: :huh: Wwaaa, I knew I was forgetting some very important bands that are at TOP of my Fav list, not quite getting into ultra-fav catagory- but quite important to me both recorded and seen !live!.

Here they are: The Clash < :doh: like how could have forgotten >, and Midnight Oil !
Also C,S,N & Y -particularly their political stuff.

AND I remember telling my mom my stories about SO wanting to see U2 in '05, after really loving HutDub & being shut out of tix sales (not part of U2.c...) -and eventually did get to see them.
Since she's seen us (me & sis & friends) be super fans of Springteen, & The Who...ahe asked me..."are they <U2> as good as those others....and I said "YES!" :D

I couldn't imagine listening to mostly U2. I'd get way too bored of their music.

Actually, I listened to almost all U2 for a couple years before my musical tastes really grew and I have grew tired of them. Not because they're bad at all, it's just that when you listen to a band every day for hundreds of days they tend to get old. Now I rarely listen to U2.

I couldn't imagine listening to mostly U2. I'd get way too bored of their music.

Actually, I listened to almost all U2 for a couple years before my musical tastes really grew and I have grew tired of them. Not because they're bad at all, it's just that when you listen to a band every day for hundreds of days they tend to get old. Now I rarely listen to U2.

I go through phases. During the Vertigo tour I was obsessed with listening to U2 and pretty much only U2. Now I'm so sick of them, that I've discovered so many other bands and expanded my musical taste even further because I am listening to anything but U2.

........that being said, I think I'm almost ready to allow U2 back into shuffle on my iTunes (its been about 2 years).

I think the people who say the Beatles are the #1 band of all time are probably right and I love them, but U2 will always be #1 for me because of my intense emotional connection to their music. The only other musician that comes close is Bruce Springsteen, therefore he's in the #2 spot.

1. U2
2. Bruce Springsteen
3. The Beatles
4. R.E.M.
5. Elvis Costello

I think the people who say the Beatles are the #1 band of all time are probably right and I love them

Why is it that I think a lot of people say the beatles because they feel that is the correct answer to the best band ever, and not their favorite band? I personally dont like the beatles :reject:

Back
Top Bottom