Where Does U2 Place In Your Top 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1.The Stone Roses
2.The Verve
3.U2
4.Oasis

This is based on the artists that i listen to most, Stone Roses are definitley top, closely followed by The Verve, and U2 just edge Oasis out for third place. There are hundreds of others that could take fifth spot. But those four are my holy grail.

ah.....I'm one who doesn't always like the strictish hierarchy of No# 1, 2 3........et al..

I tend to group things/bands in ultra fav, fav, like alot like etc catagories..:D

being on of the "elders" here, :shifty: :D I have a bit of a different take than a lot of you....b/c I fell deeply in love with several bands previous to U2 b/c I was around then and saw these bands live- alot :) when these bands were making their way up the ladder of talent/fame etc.

And, oh, playing *!LIVE!* is a critical check-off on my list of why I like a band...songs/singing/enthusiasm/playing & singing skills/live performance/connection with the audiences .

SO that the fact that U2 has joined my earlier pantheon of R&R greats attests to me how ***exceptional*** (U2) they are.

my ultra-favs:
The Who/ Bruce & E Street (+other band) / Patti Smith Band/ Televsion/ U2

my favs:
Talking Heads/ Pearl Jam/ The Beatles*/ B-52's/ Big Country/ Simple Minds/ Siouxee & the Bandshees/ Style Council/ CHina Crisis/The Animals/ The Byrds/ REM [more in this catagory BUT too tired and rushed to think of more

like alot:
Jefferson Starship & Airplane/ Hendrix/ Stone Roses/ The Church/ Arcade Fire/ plenty more here too....but see above :D
I also expect as the bands of the late 90's & 00's continue that some might make it into my 'favs' catagory, and maybe, (which would be cool) end up in my Ultra R&R Bands/Performers catagory....

*The Beatlles are in a special catagory becuase if they had not cracked the USA market....they might not have influenced USA R&R
...which would have lead to quite a diferent music scene in nthose years (then ahead) past.
SO in that sense the ARE in the toppest in that way BUT AT THE same time (having see the Beatles live at Shea Stadium) they QUIT toruing way too early in their career ro properly measure how they would have grown further that way..so I can NLOT put them at the top for THAT reason......

1)U2
2)Korn
3)Nine Inch Nails
4)Led Zeppelin
5)Linkin Park

Well, it's a two-way tie between Korn and NIN. But U2 is always #1. Yeah, I know, I have really weird taste.

1) U2
2) Bruce Springsteen
3) Peter Gabriel
4) The Killers
5) Rolling Stones? Tom Petty? Bowie? This last one is revolving

Haven't we done this recently? Ah well :shrug:

1. U2
2. The Police (my first love/obsession)
3. The Beatles
4. Arctic Monkeys/Green Day (tied)
5. There are, I'd say, 7-10 bands that might go here on any given day

Nice sig Bono_212

U2 mostly because of nostalgia. Yeah, they're a great band, but if it wasn't for my history with them they most likely wouldn't be no. 1.

1. U2
2. Peter Gabriel
3. Yes
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers
5. Massive Attack

U2 don't rate in my top five.

1. Porcupine Tree
2. Pure Reason Revolution
3. The Shadows
4. Crowded House
5. Pink Floyd

Though if U2 had quit after Lovetown, it would be:

1. Porcupine Tree
2. U2

Amazing how many ppl have Bruce Springsteen in their top 5! I was in two minds whether to put him in my own top 5, but he narrowly missed out.

Amazing how many ppl have Bruce Springsteen in their top 5! I was in two minds whether to put him in my own top 5, but he narrowly missed out.

If I had included solo artists on my list, Springsteen definitely would've made top 5.:up:

1. Madonna
2. Elton John
3. Bruce Springsteen
4. Bob Dylan
5. Prince/Michael Jackson (tie)

that's how that would go.

My Top 5:

1. U2
2. Guns N' Roses
3. The Cure
4. David Usher / Moist
5. Soul Asylum

the top 5 bands who I think are in the "greatest band of all time discussion":

U2
The Beatles
Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin

And I'll throw in CCR based on the fact they are the only band I know of that you could play at any party for any age group and nobdy ever says "turn this off".

55 and still rocking out !!! :D
\\\personally I don't think someone hits "old" staus until into their 70's, and even that depends on each person . There're people who seem/act and LOOK old from a much younger age.

One of the activities that *def helps keep me youthful*! :)

I completely agree with you dazzledbylight when you said about people who seem/act and LOOK old from a much younger age :yes: and they even hate rock... this is the worse.. I really believe people who love rock never get old !!! Rock keeps the mind alive forever...:applaud:

Over the decades it's hard to break it down because there are top 5 in each one.
But my repeats are:
U2 (#1 since the 80's)

70's and beyond.
U2
Bruce Springsteen
Crosby Stills, Nash & Neil Young
Led Zepplin
Moody Blues
I'd have to break it down for the 80's 90's & 00's to include women artist and new groups I love, now.

In other words I can't do it, sorry. :ohmy:

I love my three favorite bands for very different reasons. Others come and go to round out my top five, but U2, Wilco, and the Nels Cline Singers are my favorites. There's something magical about being in a crowd of 20,000 when U2 plays Streets, but there's something equally amazing about being in a crowd of 50 or 100 at a Nels Cline Singers show, then hanging around and talking with the band for a few hours. It's taken me a long time to realize that I don't need to have one favorite band. In fact, I like being able to spread my attention to three very different groups. Wilco and the Singers have been getting most of my attention lately, but U2 will win me back like they always do. I've been a U2 fan for over half my life, including some long times when I didn't listen to them much. What I love about them is that they're like that friend I haven't talked to in two or three years who calls me up one day and picks up like we never left off. They'll always be that band for me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom