What's your pet peeve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rude customers piss me off.
Hello..........I don't get paid enough to deal with your shishe.
SO if you want a shirt, wait your turn like everyone else........
There is plenty for everyone so stop your complaining and have manners.

Thank you:D

Last edited:
:rant:

Ok, I have to vent... I hate when other peeps in the office play their radio too loud :mad:

I keep mine at a low volume so I can hear it but others can't... but I hate when the secretary plays hers sooooooo loud that I can hear it along with my music :mad: I mean, come on... U2 and the theme from Taxi just doesn't mix!!!!! :no: :scream:

ok, I'm done

erised said:
I mean, come on... U2 and the theme from Taxi just doesn't mix!!!!! :no: :scream:

:lol:!

Another one to add-when I'm walking down the hallway at school trying to get to my next class and kids are moving at a snail's pace, or, worse yet, they stop right in the middle of the hall and start yapping with each other, and the halls are so full of people that it's hard to get through. It's like, hey, maybe you don't care if you get to class on time, but I do.

Anyone else have this problem, either where they go to school or work at?

Angela

i agree with everyone...

but most of all:

1. complete strangers asking me how tall i am. ok, so i'm a girl and i'm 6'1....I'M NOT A FREAK! seriously...plus, if you will never ever meet me again, why do you give a shit how tall i am? i mean, do you want to go home and tell your family "wow...i met a girl who was 6'1!!" i am the tallest girl i know, and i am very self concious about it...but people can't seem to get that through their skulls. :( my roommate jokingly calls me "tall freak"...but i don't think it's very funny...if i could change one thing about myself, i'd be shorter...no contest...and the fact that people rub it into my face every 5 minutes really doesn't help. *sigh*...anyway, moving on...

2 the singing along thing. i LOVE to sing along to my favorite songs...hell, i sing along to songs even if i don't know all the words. music is my favorite thing in the entire world, and that's how i enjoy it. but there are a select few songs which i just LOOOOOOOOVE to fade into my own world to listen to. i just want to hear the song...not someone bringing up a PETTY topic that could wait the remaining 3 minutes....i mean, honestly!

2. cell phones. especially driving and talking on the phone. i've almost gotten hit a couple times just because ppl were talking on the phone...and almost every time i'm annoyed with a driver, they're talking on the phone. GAH!!! :grumpy:

3. there/they're/their and your/you're. it's simple english, people!!

wow...that does feel good.

Moonlit_Angel said:

:lol:!

Another one to add-when I'm walking down the hallway at school trying to get to my next class and kids are moving at a snail's pace, or, worse yet, they stop right in the middle of the hall and start yapping with each other, and the halls are so full of people that it's hard to get through. It's like, hey, maybe you don't care if you get to class on time, but I do.

Anyone else have this problem, either where they go to school or work at?

Angela

Gah! I hate when people do that in the stores.... they'll be walking in front of ya and then they just stop and decide to have a conversation... it's like WTF? MOVE PEOPLE! Step over to the side and have your little chat, ok? :mad:

Or, they stand right in the middle of the aisle or they have their basket on one side of the aisle and their body is blocking the other half of the aisle.... :|

I'm being a smart arse, please don't hurt me

Stories for Boys said:
i agree with everyone...

but most of all:

3. there/they're/their and your/you're. it's simple english, people!!

Stories for Boys, your a real perfectionist when it comes to the english language eh? I couldn't agree more. I wish people would just get there act together and learn how to right properly, ya know? They're english teachers would be mortified.

:laugh:
It bugs the sh*t out of me too cuz I write for a living :yes:

Stories for Boys said:
i agree with everyone...

2 the singing along thing. i LOVE to sing along to my favorite songs...hell, i sing along to songs even if i don't know all the words. music is my favorite thing in the entire world, and that's how i enjoy it. but there are a select few songs which i just LOOOOOOOOVE to fade into my own world to listen to. i just want to hear the song...not someone bringing up a PETTY topic that could wait the remaining 3 minutes....i mean, honestly!

eheheheehe
*louisville flashbacks*

I do have one sort of random another pet peeve. It's like, see, I have a skin allergy, and get a rash basically over mainly my arms but most of my body cept my head and stomach and uh.. like hands and feet.
*finds a picture*
335%3C688%3B23232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2325%3D427%3D9%3A%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E232335846%3A2%3B9ot1lsi

yeah, that crap on my arms there?
Anyway, it gets a lot worse in the winter when I'm not in the sun... I got like medication and stuff but it's a pain in the ass and I figure no one sees said parts of me in the winter anyway.

what bothers me is when people ask me if I have chicken pox.
NO I DO NOT HAVE CHICKEN POX I AM NOT CONTAGIOUS MAR
I don't know why that bothers me so much.
Anyway, carry on :D

--people who say that they like a band, then you go "oh really?" and start discussing semi-obscure songs (smei-obscure=on popular albums but on released as singles) they shake their head and say they've never heard it, but only heard the singles and the only album they have is a best of...

--when i forget titles of songs or albums when i'm trying to tell someone more information than they really want about the song playing on the radio

--when someone says something like "where's the cat at?" that AT at the end of the sentence drives me up a wall...a simple "where is the cat?" would sufice, and if you really wanted to sound akwardly wordy, you could say "where is the cat located?" or "what is the cat's current location?"

--being called short (i'm 5 foot 9!!! i am NOT short!!!!)

IWasBored said:

--being called short (i'm 5 foot 9!!! i am NOT short!!!!)

:ohmy: Somebody told you you were short?! I must be a midget then or something (I'm ALMOST 5 foot 1!).

:lol: I see that a lot of you get bent out of shape about grammar. I know all about that, being a writing major.

:banghead: This past semester, there was a complete moron in one of my writing classes. On the last day of class, we were sitting at our computer terminals and she yells out, "Does anybody know how to spell incredible?" I couldn't help it. I started laughing! It wasn't like she knew I was laughing at her though.

Originally posted by Stories for Boys

1. complete strangers asking me how tall i am. ok, so i'm a girl and i'm 6'1....I'M NOT A FREAK! :( my roommate jokingly calls me "tall freak"...but i don't think it's very funny...if i could change one thing about myself, i'd be shorter...no contest...and the fact that people rub it into my face every 5 minutes really doesn't help. *sigh*...anyway, moving on... [/B]

I'm 4'11" :sad: but I wear 2" heels :sexywink:
I would love to be your height!
Be proud...you probably look like a model!

Kristie said:
I do have one sort of random another pet peeve. It's like, see, I have a skin allergy, and get a rash basically over mainly my arms but most of my body cept my head and stomach and uh.. like hands and feet.
*finds a picture*
335%3C688%3B23232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2325%3D427%3D9%3A%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E232335846%3A2%3B9ot1lsi

yeah, that crap on my arms there?
Anyway, it gets a lot worse in the winter when I'm not in the sun... I got like medication and stuff but it's a pain in the ass and I figure no one sees said parts of me in the winter anyway.

what bothers me is when people ask me if I have chicken pox.
NO I DO NOT HAVE CHICKEN POX I AM NOT CONTAGIOUS MAR
I don't know why that bothers me so much.
Anyway, carry on :D

OMG...I am going to see a doctor later this month
about my skin allergy! I also have a similar problem.
I have little red bumps on my arms and the back of my
arms look kinda like yours. Now, I'm getting them on my
thighs too! What the hell is it!!!!
I have had it for a while, at first I thought it was my
soap or my body lotion but nothing makes it go away

Sorry, I hope this doesn't give anybody the hee-bee gee-bees.

AngelofLarrydom said:
I'm 4'11" :sad: but I wear 2" heels :sexywink:
I would love to be your height!
Be proud...you probably look like a model!

:tsk: it sucks

AngelofLarrydom said:

OMG...I am going to see a doctor later this month
about my skin allergy! I also have a similar problem.
I have little red bumps on my arms and the back of my
arms look kinda like yours. Now, I'm getting them on my
thighs too! What the hell is it!!!!
I have had it for a while, at first I thought it was my
soap or my body lotion but nothing makes it go away

Sorry, I hope this doesn't give anybody the hee-bee gee-bees.

my stepdad, tim, he's got it too... except he got it from chemotherapy when he had prostate cancer. If it's the same as mine, there's this stuff called Dermarest you can get at the store, it's for people with psoriasis, cept I don't have psoriasis... anyway, that kinda helps. And don't take really hot showers... and... going tanning helps, if you want to be that random really tan all year round person :no: anyway, that's all I know.. :shrug: hope your doctor tells you something more useful than me :D

oooh yeah the skin thing. I suffer from really bad excema on my hands, and people often think I'm contagious. When I was younger, some people at school wouldn't touch me cos they thought I was contagious. they also thought I was being over-dramatic when I had time off school with asthma. They still didn't believe that I was ill when I had to spend 10 days in hospital. :mad:

Another thing that really bugs me is when my mum comes into the room and sits and talks to me when I'm reading email / interference. She sits and tells me long stories about her friends....when I'm trying to drool over pics etc. I love my mum to bits, but there's a time and a place for stories about middle aged women, and when reading PLEBA is not one of them!

I also get irratated by stupid people in supermarkets who block aisles with their trolleys (or do you call them carts in the US??) anyway, they block the aisles, and then give you evil looks when you try to get past. Especially when it's old people having conversations in the aisle.

Give it time...

Stories for Boys said:
i agree with everyone...

but most of all:

1. complete strangers asking me how tall i am. ok, so i'm a girl and i'm 6'1....I'M NOT A FREAK! seriously...plus, if you will never ever meet me again, why do you give a shit how tall i am? i mean, do you want to go home and tell your family "wow...i met a girl who was 6'1!!" i am the tallest girl i know, and i am very self concious about it...but people can't seem to get that through their skulls. :( my roommate jokingly calls me "tall freak"...but i don't think it's very funny...if i could change one thing about myself, i'd be shorter...no contest...and the fact that people rub it into my face every 5 minutes really doesn't help. *sigh*...anyway, moving on...

Stories, let me just say this: I looked in your profile and you are a very beautiful girl. :yes: And you're young! Wait till you get a little older... the height thing won't be an issue when you're older and people mature a bit, or should that be a lot?!? :lol: Your height is going to be an asset to you in the long run.

:hug:Stories:hug:

ok, I'm done with the motherly pep talk :wink:

wertsie said:

:ohmy: Somebody told you you were short?! I must be a midget then or something (I'm ALMOST 5 foot 1!).

:lol: I see that a lot of you get bent out of shape about grammar. I know all about that, being a writing major.

:banghead: This past semester, there was a complete moron in one of my writing classes. On the last day of class, we were sitting at our computer terminals and she yells out, "Does anybody know how to spell incredible?" I couldn't help it. I started laughing! It wasn't like she knew I was laughing at her though.

i get called short every time i'm at home. i walk in the door and my sister goes "haha! you're short!" cos now she's about my height. my mom's 5'11'' and i'll come into the room and i'll stand there talking about some song i just heard, i'll go through and explain all sorts of little details and it it looks like she's listening to me, and when i finish talking, she'll go "are you shrinking? you seem short"...i guess i should expect serious height insecurities when i've got a 11 year old brother who's 5'5''...

and also, i HATE it when people walk slowly through hallways...when i was in high school i loved having either my guitar or my sports bag cos i could hit people and they'd move out of the way appologising...it was great!

my semi-hypocritical pet peeve: when people sing along to a song that they don't know the words to, and sing all the lyrics about a second behind the actual song...i'm very guilty of singing along when i don't know the words, but i generally make incoherent word-like noises when i don't know the real words...and then there's the fact that i just CANNOT sing to save my life...

it is better in college than it was in high school...

erised said:

Stories, let me just say this: I looked in your profile and you are a very beautiful girl. :yes: And you're young! Wait till you get a little older... the height thing won't be an issue when you're older and people mature a bit, or should that be a lot?!? :lol: Your height is going to be an asset to you in the long run.

:hug:Stories:hug:

ok, I'm done with the motherly pep talk :wink:

just get's annoying...everyone's got their thing...

I have one more. Why don't people stack the stackable trays on top of the garbage cans at fast foods??? It really bothers me. :huh:

Another one for me is Stormy days when i have alot of work to do but bc its raining cats and dogs out side and is EXTREMELY windy i dont feel like doing my work instead i feel like my a cup of hot coco and sitting a reading a book!!! :lol:

cuz people are lazy when it's not their house

flaming june said:
I have one more. Why don't people stack the stackable trays on top of the garbage cans at fast foods??? It really bothers me. :huh:

:laugh: Same reason why the peeps in my office building leave pasta noodles and other stray food in the bathroom sinks after they get done washing their lunch dishes out :yuck:

Re: cuz people are lazy when it's not their house

erised said:

:laugh: Same reason why the peeps in my office building leave pasta noodles and other stray food in the bathroom sinks after they get done washing their lunch dishes out :yuck:

Eww, that is really disgusting. :barf:

AdamsMango said:
I hate bad grammar..but i move around alot at night and my sheets always pop off the corners..I HATE that!! grr

mine do that on a nightly basis, i hate it!

IWasBored said:

mine do that on a nightly basis, i hate it!

My sheets don't do that, but when I was little I shared a bed with my sister, and she'd always kick the covers off at night.

So I'd go to sleep at night all nice and cozy underneath the blankets, and wake up shivering finding the blankets kicked all the way down to the end of the bed.

That bugged me.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom