What's your pet peeve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Well?
My big one is when people misuse apostrophes.
Like in R and H, when Bono writes "Rock and roll stop's the traffic?"
I was so disappointed in him.
STOPS, Bono. Are there any letters missing that warrant an apostrophe? NO. Does the traffic belong to stop? NO.
:rant:

anyway
so, what's yours?

I hate it when people don't use blinkers or when they forget to turn their blinkers off. I am a blinker perfectionist!

The first time I met my sweetie in person, he came to visit me, so I drove everywhere. When I went and visited him, I remember getting into his car for the first time, thinkin', this man is absolutely perfect...there is nothing wrong with him!

Then...I discovered that he often forgets to switch off his blinker. :crack: Baby's been practicin' though...last time I visited him, he'd gotten a lot better!!!!! :D

Bonochick said:
I hate it when people don't use blinkers or when they forget to turn their blinkers off. I am a blinker perfectionist!

:lol: My dad is same way but he is the opposite of that he NEVER uses his blinkers when he's driving but if i dont use mine thats awhole another story with him bc i must uses mine but it's okay for him not to!

another one is my gram's ice fetish bc she constantly chewing on ice and it has to be the crushed ice not cubed so when she is getting her ice it takes for ever and then we have to go out to buy 2 BAGS of ICE every 2-4days bc of her fetish.

I have many others but thoses are the funnest ones!

Kristie said:
Well?
My big one is when people misuse apostrophes.
Like in R and H, when Bono writes "Rock and roll stop's the traffic?"
I was so disappointed in him.
STOPS, Bono. Are there any letters missing that warrant an apostrophe? NO. Does the traffic belong to stop? NO.
:rant:

anyway
so, what's yours?

:lmao:

This drives me crazy, too!

Another pet peeve is peeps who wait until the last minute to merge when a lane is coming to an end.... Did they not SEE the HUGE blinking arrow telling them to merge?!? :rant:

Bonochick said:

The first time I met my sweetie in person, he came to visit me, so I drove everywhere. When I went and visited him, I remember getting into his car for the first time, thinkin', this man is absolutely perfect...there is nothing wrong with him!

Then...I discovered that he often forgets to switch off his blinker. :crack: Baby's been practicin' though...last time I visited him, he'd gotten a lot better!!!!! :D

:lmao: I hate that! I just don't understand how people forget... Can't they hear that annoying sound???

Another pet peeve... when my sister is driving and she has to stop at a red light, she keeps on releasing the break slowly, repeatedly, so that the car makes this sound time and time again until the light changes... it drives me nuts! :scream:

And I hate it when people sit at my desk at work without asking and use my stuff... and I have to stand there and wait because there's somebody sitting on MY chair... :rant:

And when I have to use a public restroom and the seat is wet. :yuck:

And people who make excessive sounds when they eat. :huh:

Oh, I also hate it when I read articles about U2 drummer, Larry Mullin, or Mullins or Mullens...

Ok, I'll stop... I'm a freak. :|

Last edited:
Re: Re: What's your pet peeve?

erised said:

:lmao:

This drives me crazy, too!

Another pet peeve is peeps who wait until the last minute to merge when a lane is coming to an end.... Did they not SEE the HUGE blinking arrow telling them to merge?!? :rant:

OMG that is such a huge problem in Michigan (yep, I know that's where you're talkin' about). Thank goodness, they are supposedly gonna be cracking down on that alot harder and policing those areas more, after that stupid woman killed a construction worker this summer because of that exact situation.

As for my big peeve, it's a toilet seat issue, but unfortunately not the up/down thing. My hubby is too lazy for that. He just doesn't lift the seat, and then leaves little drips on the seat and floor for me. I have to check every single time before I go to sit down. And does he ever clean the bathroom? Of course not..........:censored: :scream: :rant: :angry: :grumpy: :banghead:

dreams out loud said:
I can't stand it when you go through the drive threw only to get home and realise that they :censored: up your order.

On the flipside of that whats really annoying is when your the person in drivethru and you didnt mess up the order the person in the car screams and belittles and curses at you!

I hate when people call me by my last name

I hate when people make fun of U2. Only I can do that.

People who argue for the sake of arguing

:scream: :huh:

Oooh, bad grammar is a big one.
I hate it when people end a sentence with a preposition. I can't stand this one:

"What time is it at"

AUGH!

:banghead:

Sorry, I was a Lit major in college. Its a bad habit.

U2SavesTheWorld said:
Oooh, bad grammar is a big one.
I hate it when people end a sentence with a preposition.

Actually, that's not bad grammar. It's an antiquated rule that was originally adopted in the 17th century to make the English language adhere more closely to the structure of Latin. Ending a sentence with a preposition is fine if increases the clarity of the sentence. Almost all notable writers have broken the preposition "rule." I like the Winston Churchill quote, "This is the sort of English up with which I will not put."

Ummm....sorry. That's a pet peeve of mine. ;)

The worst, however, is when someone says "you and I" when it should be "you and me." :mad:

OH I thought of another few that I picked up when I was a cashier at Menard's...

When something doesn't ring up/has no barcode and people say "Does that mean it's free?" as if they're the first one to ever come up with that.

When people sit there and dig around in their purse for five minutes looking for two pennies to give you... I'm not the friendliest cashier but I'm the fastest, I'm like "HURRY UP SO YOU CAN GET OUT OF HERE"

People who write checks in the express lane

People who have never heard of James Brown.

People who write "r u" instead of "are you." Are the four extra letters really that hard to add?
*I know some a you do this and I've never said anything to you and I never will, but it does bug me ;)

I have a list

Cr8tive spelling..... granted I'm not a walking dictionary...but most words do not have numbers in them...(with one exception;) )

People who sing "Come On Eileen" like it's the first time I've ever heard that one ....:yawn: ha ha so funny :|

People that cut me off in traffic only to drive 5 miles an hour

People who crawl up my ass while driving, even though I'm going 75 in a 55....so I just slow to 55 and let the mother :censored: pass me or get really pissed if they can't pass me :mac:

Those stupid alarms in stores...I swear they hate me...they are always going off when I walk through....usually because the stupid little white tag wasn't removed. no I am not a crook.

I hate that coffee from gas stations is like 3,000 degrees and you can't drink it...then once it cools, you realize that it is old and burnt...and by that time it's too late to take it back, cuz it took an hour for it to cool down enough to take a teeny sip.

flaming june said:

:lmao: I hate that! I just don't understand how people forget... Can't they hear that annoying sound???

Another pet peeve... when my sister is driving and she has to stop at a red light, she keeps on releasing the break slowly, repeatedly, so that the car makes this sound time and time again until the light changes... it drives me nuts! :scream:

And I hate it when people sit at my desk at work without asking and use my stuff... and I have to stand there and wait because there's somebody sitting on MY chair... :rant:

And when I have to use a public restroom and the seat is wet. :yuck:

And people who make excessive sounds when they eat. :huh:

Oh, I also hate it when I read articles about U2 drummer, Larry Mullin, or Mullins or Mullens...

Ok, I'll stop... I'm a freak. :|

Another pet peeve is peeps who have 10 million pet peeves! :lol: J/K Flaming June! :hug:

About the bathroom thing, my pet peeve is when co-workers (who I don't know very well) starting talking to me from another stall while I'm trying to do my biz. :der: I admit, I'll talk to family and friends while using a public restroom, but if I don't know ya that well, don't talk to me!!!! :lol:

Oh, my...I have so many pet peeves I could probably come up with a book!

I'm a writing major, so poor grammar usage is a big one. I hate it when people spell weird wrong. It's w-e-i-r-d, NOT w-i-e-r-d!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: When people type ur instead of your...How in the feck is "ur" supposed to be taken as "your"? To me, it looks like a pause word, or like the ancient city, Ur! Or, when people mispronounce words. That really grates on my nerves! One of my roomies is an English major and she pronounced "idiot savant" like "idiot sav-int"! Also, the other day she pronounced Heath Ledger's name "Lead-grrr"!!!

Sloppiness is also a big one for me. I feel like I'm a neat freak compared to my roommates. They are always leaving their crap laying around so I wait a few days for them to take care of it themselves because I pile it all in a corner in the living room. :lol:

Fudgies (tourists) that come to my town in the summer...They ride their bikes right in the middle of the road and don't even get out of the way when you honk your horn at them! Also, I hate it when they complain about our prices or talk about how they want to tell all of their friends back home about our town!

That's all I can think of at the moment...

Okay, thought of a couple more...

People who seem to only be on a U2 message board to COMPLAIN about U2 or point out the aspects of the band that they DON'T like.

People who go out of their way to "prove" that Pop and Popmart suck. :down:

Re: I have a list

daisybean said:
Those stupid alarms in stores...I swear they hate me...they are always going off when I walk through....usually because the stupid little white tag wasn't removed. no I am not a crook.

Argh! That happens to me a lot! :eek: It makes me so mad. :mad:

erised said:

Another pet peeve is peeps who have 10 million pet peeves! :lol: J/K Flaming June! :hug:

:yes: I'm a *little* bit difficult... :wink:

:hug: Erised!

About the bathroom thing, my pet peeve is when co-workers (who I don't know very well) starting talking to me from another stall while I'm trying to do my biz. :der: I admit, I'll talk to family and friends while using a public restroom, but if I don't know ya that well, don't talk to me!!!! :lol:

:lmao: I can't concentrate in public restrooms... I'm always hoping nobody will come in while I'm there. :huh:

wertsie said:

People who seem to only be on a U2 message board to COMPLAIN about U2 or point out the aspects of the band that they DON'T like.

:up: I agree. Why are they here if they don't like U2 anymore? :confused:

Thought of another one (cannot believe I forgot this before!)

People who laugh so loud when you're watching TV that you completely miss the punchline of the joke! :madspit:

*self centered, self absorbed, egotistical people-especially when they think they're perfect and can't accept criticism
*people who still behave like they're in high school when they graduated quite some time ago
*hypocrites
*people who verbally/physically abuse others and think it's OK to do so
*the wrapping on CD's and DVD's
*people who talk and/or kick your seat at the movies
*people who have to talk on their :censored: cell phones anywhere and everywhere, including places like the beach
*when the video store says you returned movies late and you didn't
*crying, screaming kids in church, stores, or basically anywhere else
*pushy salespeople in stores
*when my computer acts up :mad:

:rant: I'm sure I could think of plenty of others :D

wertsie said:
Okay, thought of a couple more...

People who go out of their way to "prove" that Pop and Popmart suck. :down:

PREACH IT SISTER
or that ATYCLB or.. any other U2 record/song sucks and they point it out CONSTANTLY
and you just want to KILL THEM
:yell:

Kristie said:

PREACH IT SISTER
or that ATYCLB or.. any other U2 record/song sucks and they point it out CONSTANTLY
and you just want to KILL THEM
:yell:

:lol: Yep, and you tell them to shut up and they just keep at it!

Well...I guess some people like to talk to brick walls. :wink:

- Cigarette smoke
- Standing in line at a convenience store, behind someone who just has to play every lottery game ever made
- Tailgaters (or is it tailgators? lol)
- Hypocrites

Pple pouring water into their tea or coffee. the sound of water pouring does my fuking head in 4 times over.....it sounds so ........stupid! I fuking hate fuking pouring fuking water!

Also, I hate anyone looking at me....I dont want anyone looking at me.....ever! I just want them all to look away! Before I regret telling someone someday to fuk off just on how they look at me.......:no:
I never like pple looking! I always hang my head low, I look down, I try to hiide myself.

also..........bollox to some male drivers.

also..........I really really hate men not opening windows in the lavvy!

Gina Marie said:

*when the video store says you returned movies late and you didn't

From Dana's pov from working in a video store for all of a month: people who come in complaining about their late fees ;) (I don't mind the people disputing a day late or so but if the movie is 8 days late...come on....lol)

The people who DON'T rewind their movies even though there are 10,000 stickers every where saying 'Please be kind, rewind" :mad: how hard is it to press rewind? AMEN for DVDs

Anything my brother does...tehe

DON'T get me started on drivers! :censored: I can't take these awful Florida drivers

...And there is a whole LOT more...but I haven't the time to post them all

DML said:

The people who DON'T rewind their movies even though there are 10,000 stickers every where saying 'Please be kind, rewind" :mad: how hard is it to press rewind? AMEN for DVDs

:yes: I've worked in video rental and that can get very annoying!

However, I can see where sometimes it would be better for them NOT to rewind...Like my parents' VCR at home. Anytime I'd try to rewind something on it it would try to eat the tape! Not good!

But I don't think that's what happens most of the time. People are just lazy.

Back
Top Bottom