What do MEN want?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mysterious_jen

Blue Crack Addict
Hi guys, i have a question ...

What do men want? they say that women are hard to please, but i am really confused about what men want in a relationship.

Do they want a stand in mother figure? a goddess in the bedroom? a career woman? a trophy on the arm? or just someone to deal with their everywhim and fantasy?

i would appreciate the thoughts of you blokes out there, esp from those in long term relationships.

unfort from what Ive seen (being more of an observer of life) and esp with having been in a modified carclub), those men/guys/dudes want youthful girls who wear skimpy outfits that show bum and boobs, as a trophy on their arm and in their car.

I witnessed it! cant say I never! I was ignored sure, LOL! :lol::lol:

:D

I think for starters, we blokes want a woman who is not fuckin' nuts. :wink:

She can save the skimpy outfits for home though. I don't want anyone else to see her boobs but me.

It depends.

Sure, some guys want the trophy on the arm, and some appear to need a stand-in mother figure. But ultimately, I think most guys in long-term relationships simply want a partner. Someone with whom they get along in and out of the bedroom.

^ Yep. I think men, like anyone else, just want a partner in life, and what that is depends on that particular man :shrug:

I agree that it really depends on what kind of guy you want. My sister bemoans being single and is fast to point out extremes as examples of how unfair life is. I always point out to her though, that really bitchy girl has hooked some daft puppet, and the skanky one has scored herself some loser who has the personality of roadkill. Her dealbreakers don't exist in every guy. She isn't actually fussy; she wants a kind hearted man, one who likes sport, and animals - dogs especially. That does though eliminate a portion of the available population. Of those who fit this criteria, only some will be single, only some will 'click' with her, only some will - for whatever forces of nature dictate such things - actually work.

So sure there might be a million single men in this country, but what kind do YOU want, Jen? Do you want a guy who wants a trophy? Do you want a pimp who thinks sex is one of the highest priorities in a relationship? Do you want a sap who needs another mother? Do you want Mr Romance Novel Cover who might be blandly goodlooking, but as dull as batshit? I'd personally hazard a guess that you're looking for a patient and understanding man. One who is there for you but can shuffle off on his own without being babysat. One who can adapt, one who has a spark for a bit of adventure - not so conventional, one who is tolerant, interesting and varied so you don't die of boredom waiting for them to finish a sentence they started last week, and overall fun. A sense of humour... I guess what I'm saying is it's all well and good to ponder what a man wants, but do you know what you want? Do you know what 'type' of guy you want?

:hug:

Dammit - I had an utterly brilliant, albeit winded, reply. Which got lost when I attempted to preview my post, only to discover I had timed out of the forum & had to sign back in. :madwife:

I'm too dejected to retype it all, but the gist was: most guys want some of it all in their partner: mother figure, career woman, lady in the street/freak in the bed, etc, etc. Ultimately, though, I believe 2 things make or break you:
1) Don't fake it. If you like sports, great -that's something you can share together. But if you can't & don't want to know the difference between an offsides penatly & a birdie, don't pretend you do. Don't create a character for your guy because eventually you'll get tired of the act & you'll start resenting him for it. Which has been the death knell of many a relationship. :sad:

2) Don't think you can change him or make him better than he is. Meaning, if you like the burly, hard-drinking, callused-handed type of guy don't set your sights on the cute preppy guy & think you'll make him some kind of Paul Bunyan by dressing him in Timberland boots & a few flannel shirts. On a smaller scale, if your guy's got strange little habits & annoying rituals (and hey - who doesn't??), don't think you can 'break him' of them. You better figure out if they're a deal breaker or something you can live with. Because he's not going to magically stop wearing his underwear three days at a time between washings after you've been together for 5 years just because you've told him 13,473 times that it disgusts you. :no:

Kelly & I've been married for almost 18 years now & we're essentially the same personalities that we were when we met. We're better partners and (hopefully) smarter adults, but that's only because we've been true to ourselves & each other and it's made us better people. I'm no expert, but that's what's worked for us. :heart:

Well, every person is unique and what they want is often shaped by their life to that point. I think gender has far less of an influence on what a person desires than life events. The tough thing with men is that they are far less revealing about what they want in many aspects of life. I can only imagine that makes relationships with them a nightmare. I suppose what I'm getting at is that you may be looking for the wrong answer. It might be impossible to know for a long time what a certain man or woman wants. It is far easier to figure out what kind of person they are. My advice is to focus on that instead of getting nowhere trying to understand what they want. Knowing what kind of person a man is would probably answer most of these questions too:

"Do they want a stand in mother figure? a goddess in the bedroom? a career woman? a trophy on the arm? or just someone to deal with their everywhim and fantasy?"

Hi guys, i have a question ...
What do men want? they say that women are hard to please, but i am really confused about what men want in a relationship.
Do they want a stand in mother figure? a goddess in the bedroom? a career woman? a trophy on the arm? or just someone to deal with their everywhim and fantasy?
i would appreciate the thoughts of you blokes out there, esp from those in long term relationships.

it depends on the guy in question.
this loser just wants someone to put up with his craziness. someone to shower unholy amounts of affection on. she doesn't mind me writing cheesy poetry for her. basically everything that's in the depeche mode song "somebody".

it depends on the guy in question.
this loser just wants someone to put up with his craziness. someone to shower unholy amounts of affection on. she doesn't mind me writing cheesy poetry for her. basically everything that's in the depeche mode song "somebody".

:heart: i think i love you :lol:
and you have brandon lee in your avi. win

thanks for the perspective guys , that helped me think alot.

if he doesnt want someone batshit crazy then i think hes fucked here then.
i dont know what i want.
but some of these answers have helped.

Here's my question:

Do men like independent women? Or do they prefer someone they can be domineering towards? I've come across so many guys who treat women as property and tell them how to dress, do their hair, live their lives, etc. It's very frustrating getting a boyfriend since I am quite independent and hate being told what to do.

Here's my question:

Do men like independent women? Or do they prefer someone they can be domineering towards? I've come across so many guys who treat women as property and tell them how to dress, do their hair, live their lives, etc. It's very frustrating getting a boyfriend since I am quite independent and hate being told what to do.

Heh, I prefer independent women but the ones I like usually seem to prefer men that dominate them. :lol:

Well, I'm glad there are some guys who like independent women. :)

I for one am not domineering. I like 50/50 relationships.

What dude is seriously going to say he likes to dominate his woman? Especially here at the blue crack. After all, we're supposed to be open minded U2 fans. :wink:

Here's my question:

Men like that don't get a second thought from me!

i love an independent woman.
some women(i said some, not all) confuse being domineering with being independence and come of as bitches. there are some however that exude confidence and self reliance and that is so sexy.
:up:

Back
Top Bottom