Washington DC II Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
side note: I'm going to see Queen/Paul Rodgers on Saturday night at the Hollywood Bowl (taking Maddy). Hubby just won an ebay auction for some really crappy seats a section behind our crappy seats. His were only $11.50 for 2 :up: Now all we have to do is paypal and email...

Back to Pride on Radio GORMAN

LemonMelon said:
I'd like to complain that the stream keeps buffering every 10 seconds. :(

It's been coming through nicely for me ...

Is it me or does is Edge's timing totally off on the last like 4 counts of his Pride solo. He seems fine the first half then at the very end it's always sounds off to me. :huh:

GibsonGirl said:

:lol:

I don't give a damn about the quality, I think it's just amazing that we can hear this in real time!

Same here! I still can't believe I'm listening to a concert live on the other side of the world!

The constant speeches tonight just reminded me of something my music professor said today about Bono. He was like, "is anyone here a big U2 fan? Great band, I'll give them that. But what's up with Bono? It's like, dude, you're a rock star. There's no need to spend like a 15 minute chunk at your band's concerts reminding everyone about the famine and AIDS issues in Africa. You're. A. Rock. Star. Your fans are there for the music! C'mon, enough with the preachy stuff and get on with the damn show. Sorry, I just saw them in concert recently and that part of the show bugged the hell out of me."

WildHoneyAlways said:
okay, it kills me that people cheer for this part. :huh: it's a recording. and if they want to read it I can get them a copy.

It's great. BOth that people are being exposed to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights who haven't been, adn that it gets such a positive response.

Queen Bee said:
The constant speeches tonight just reminded me of something my music professor said today about Bono. He was like, "is anyone here a big U2 fan? Great band, I'll give them that. But what's up with Bono? It's like, dude, you're a rock star. There's no need to spend like a 15 minute chunk at your band's concerts reminding everyone about the famine and AIDS issues in Africa. You're. A. Rock. Star. Your fans are there for the music! C'mon, enough with the preachy stuff and get on with the damn show. Sorry, I just saw them in concert recently and that part of the show bugged the hell out of me."

i totally agree with that!!!

Queen Bee said:

:lmao:

OFFICIAL SETLIST:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. Electric Co. / People I Don't Know Are Trying To Kill Me (Snippet) / See Me Feel Me (Snippet)
5. Out Of Control
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7. Beautiful Day / Many Rivers To Cross
8. Miracle Drug
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10. Love And Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Father Abraham
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / Hands That Built America / When Johnny Comes Marching Home
13. Miss Sarajevo

HUMAN RIGHTS VIDEO

14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name

GibsonGirl said:

:lol:

I don't give a damn about the quality, I think it's just amazing that we can hear this in real time!

I agree :yes:
this is so amazing:droool:

I'll volunteer for Portland if no one has yet

I'd volunteer for STL but I believe that Gorman will have that one taken care of

Queen Bee said:

why doesn't your music prof just stick to teaching music! :mad:

gabrielvox said:
yeah can you get the fuck off that rant now???

i dont care which professor said what, when u2 is onstage the rest is irrelevant for me, sorry

:|

pepokiss said:
Streets' african scream: OUYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.... OUUUUUUUUYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH... :drool:

I just have a hard time with the intro - I'm basically conditioned to expect a red backdrop and a certain intro to the song. Still any Streets is a good Streets

Queen Bee said:

I think I'm attracted to the preachy stuff...in a dysfunctional kind of way..:wink:

I like how Bono preaches and it's annoying, but if I told a Phish fan that the jams sucked, they would get angry.

Or told a tool fan that their lead singer dressing up in a dress is stupid.

Or a Rolling Stones fan that they are too old.

WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT YOU OR YOUR PROFESSOR. DONT' COME TO A U2 SHOW THEN.

By the way, they do play great music 99% of the show. I'm sorry for the 2 seconds he talks about stupid subjects like helping others. What a jerk.

Queen Bee said:

:happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom