Zurich II setlist PARTY part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a comprehensive list of which songs are left that U2 haven't played? Obviously Acrobat is at the top of a lot of people's lists, and Fez/Being Born too.

Does such a list exist? (I suppose for album songs only, as b-sides and other such oddities would make the list a bit cumbersome.)

The u2gigs FAQ has a good (grouped) list here: U2gigs.com - FAQ

Nope, it's the first thing I said here when we heard the first rehearsal. :wave: (Though I wouldn't say I was super surprised, more like very glad.)

:up: I am also very glad. Apparently U2 and I share the same opinion that there is something very special in that song...

Holy shit, Mothers Of The Disappeared again!

Oh, they did a new song too?

:wink:

Holy shit what happened? WOOOOO MERCY!!! MOTD!!! IWF!!!! NS!!!!

But no real encore? I'm guessing from reading the setlist with the two 'Rain' snippets, and lack of UV/WOWY that the weather got pretty bad??

Speculation was that either the rain made them wrap it up early, or there were curfew issues.

Based on pictures and comments from Twitter, it sounds like it was the rain.

:lol: I had to go back to the 1st thread to see the reaction. Damn, what a moment that must have been!! I must admit, reading that part of the thread made me teary eyed. :)

:ohmy: Mercy! :faint: ...I wish I had been here for that..real life called me away :(

I can't believe they played Mercy..and MOTD in the same show..awesomeness!!!! :applaud:

U2 FTW! :heart::up::up:

Am I the only one really disappointed with this version of Mercy? Instead of improving it it seems the just butchered the best parts of it, changed the chorus for a lamer one and gave it a weaker ending...... Really I was like I waited 6 years for.......this?!?!?!?!

Join in the chorus of complaining in various EYIK threads, it needs work on its arrangement and we all need to get used to it that's all. The 2004 song still exists.

One of my favorite things from the original version is the verse "love is justice, charity. love brings with it a clarity". I think, lyrically the version they played today didn't hit home with me. But still... THEY F*CKING PLAYED MERCY!!!!!!!! Amazing, just a question though... was it listed AS Mercy in a printed Setlist? Did anyone confirm?

I haven't seen a setlist pic yet, but u2 Tour had tweeted this photo right as the show started today. I don't think we ever got the story on it though. Looks like it's called Mercy on this though, whatever it is! It would be nice to see it on a printed setlist though just because. :cute:

mercychords.jpg

That's what we didn't know! If it was taped to the floor in front of Bono, or in front of Joe Random in the parking lot trying to figure out the chords he heard in rehearsal. :wink:

Aside from Mercy being played, I am very surprised that there were no "New Year's Day," "Pride," or "With or Without You" :ohmy: When was the last time neither of these songs have been played?

I can't picture a U2 show that doesn't include With or Without You.

:(

Makes me sad. But I understand if it was cut due to the rain causing problems with the visual technology. The wheel-mic and laser suit are, in my opinion, the best parts of the show and if they don't work...well, I understand cutting those songs.

I just hope when the band comes to Salt Lake City in May that they play HMTMKMKM>UV>WOWY>MOS
:drool:

and Bad/40
oh
and Last Night On Earth
:D

Personally I feel them dropping WOWY is one of the best things they've done for a very long time. I'm SOOOOO tired of that song. Only the cool effects with the wheel mic and laser jacket makes it bearable.

Of course it's sad they had to cut the encore because of the weather conditions, it's not that they're considering really dropping it, I'm sure it will be back in Munich. I'd love to hear something else instead.

Sad the Zurich audience didn't get Batman and/or UV last night, not sad about WOWY.

I have heard from a lot of people going to that show who are extatic, saying it was one of the best show U2 have ever played and how the rain added to the atmosphere. Everyone's gushing about the setlist. Sounds like a special atmosphere and a really amazing show :up:

Just got home from a stupid long day at work . . . and thanks to the powers of the beautiful blue craicers round these parts am listening to Mercy :heart: . . . still as buzzed now as I was when I first heard it this morning and I adore that this thread still has legs . . . being a U2 fan has always been a fabbity thing and today, gah . . . just a glorious day :D

*floats off in little cloud of Mercy happiness*

:loveshower:

Hey people :wave:

just came back (well I slept 4 hours in between) from those 2 shows in Zurich and WOW, this was just mindblowing!!! I read the thread when Mercy was played and yes it was one of those special moments.... We heard them rehearsing it at least 3-4 times before the show, I was sure it would be THE day! Anyway, I will post my thoughts for both shows later, but all I can say is hearing HMTMKMKM + Stingray + Every breaking waves + North Star + Mercy + Mothers of the disappeared + I will follow + Adam finishing the show half naked + seing this band enjoying so much + Larry touching Adam's butt during Crazy tonight + Bono getting nuts during UTEOTW just above me on the bridge + clapping hands with The Edge at the end of the show + the rain, very heavy rain + lot's of snippets and jokes + Bono crying at the end of Walk on + this uncredible crowd that did not want this show to end up ever = too much for 1 person to handle, this was just a fucking miracle!

Hey people :wave:

just came back (well I slept 4 hours in between) from those 2 shows in Zurich and WOW, this was just mindblowing!!! I read the thread when Mercy was played and yes it was one of those special moments.... We heard them rehearsing it at least 3-4 times before the show, I was sure it would be THE day! Anyway, I will post my thoughts for both shows later, but all I can say is hearing HMTMKMKM + Stingray + Every breaking waves + North Star + Mercy + Mothers of the disappeared + I will follow + Adam finishing the show half naked + seing this band enjoying so much + Larry touching Adam's butt during Crazy tonight + Bono getting nuts during UTEOTW just above me on the bridge + clapping hands with The Edge at the end of the show + the rain, very heavy rain + lot's of snippets and jokes + Bono crying at the end of Walk on + this uncredible crowd that did not want this show to end up ever = too much for 1 person to handle, this was just a fucking miracle!

Exactly! I can in all honesty say the band just get better and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom