Vertigo; 19 Days and Counting.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"By the way, there was also a song that was a mix between "the playboy mansion" and "if you wear ..."

Yes!!!! I love Playboy Mansion! The most underrated U2 song IMO.

So guys, do you honestly think it will be 11 days before we hear Vertigo? I'm totally clueless... I don't know how this stuff usually works and this is my first really anticipated release. I do think we'll hear it before the 24th though, just because of the state of the internet nowadays and such. And of course because of that fact that so many radio DJs are hearing it.

i dont buy the pheonix story, sorry. other people probably would have said something, plus i'm sure it would have been played again and spread like wildfire across the net already.

Phalanx said:
Playboy Mansion? Most underrated song?

You sure?

Well, to U2 fans at least. I don't understand why no one likes it... I think it's really great. Of course there's alot of songs that weren't accepted by the general public that I think deserved it more than Playboy Mansion, but among U2 fans I don't think it gets enough credit.

shart1780 said:

Well, to U2 fans at least. I don't understand why no one likes it... I think it's really great. Of course there's alot of songs that weren't accepted by the general public that I think deserved it more than Playboy Mansion, but among U2 fans I don't think it gets enough credit.

The reason it doesn't get any credit is because it's underdeveloped and BORING. Sure, deep and complex themes, but wow, to listen to, it puts me to sleep.

I totally agree. The song is just half-baked. U2 has said before that they didn't spend enough time on the album, and I think this Playboy Mansion is a perfect example of that.

Man, everyone hates Playboy Mansion :(

I don't think it's boring... I like it alot. I guess my attention span just isn't as short as yours huh????

shart1780 said:
Man, everyone hates Playboy Mansion :(

I don't think it's boring... I like it alot. I guess my attention span just isn't as short as yours huh????

I listen to Dream Theater, so I think I have a pretty good attention span. It's just that sonically, Playboy Mansion is the perfect music to put someone to sleep. And if it doesn't, Velvet Dress most certainly will! I can barely even hear that song.

I heard that Vetigo will be released on September 24th. Is that true? If so, then that's awesome, because sep 24th is my birthday. :)

one4u2 said:
25 1/2 hours! :hyper: :hyper: :combust:

less than that. 14 hours until Danny Fanning plays it, which hopefully will spawn off an mp3 within the hour or two after, considering the webcast is blacked out.

Nova 100 plays it in a little less than 20 hours, which hopefully won't be blacked out.

Back
Top Bottom