US Politics XXXVII: hiiiii Kevin, I’m your biggest fan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been away all week, but two things real quick:

I don’t know if it was previously out there, but regardless, I wasn’t aware and I’m sorry that happened to you Headache.

Dave, that was epic.

I’m now going back to losing money I don’t have.

Losing money I don't have is a favorite pastime of mine.

And thank you. That I can even mention it, even in vague terms, is proof that therapy works.

The whole idea that discussing gender or getting people help is "grooming" makes me so fucking angry. That people have the nerve to toss that term around like they do.

Groomers are a real thing. They don't fucking tell you the thing they're grooming you to do. Only an idiot believes that.

Groomers befriend you. They're there for you. They're supportive and make you feel good about yourself. They do what a teacher, relative, coach, guidance counselor, authority figure is SUPPOSED to do. Until they don't. It's the ultimate betrayal.

It's why these monsters are able to get away with it for so long. People don't believe it at first. They're such a nice guy. He's always so helpful. They turn a blind eye to what should be obvious. Because so and so couldn't do such a thing. The kids must be wrong, right Gym Jordan?

And it's subtle. A joke here. A comment worked in there to see your reaction. See how far they can go. One step at a time. They use things they know about you, that they learned from earning your trust, to get what they want.

So, uh, yea. Please Don't bring that "the teacher said that being gay is normal so he's a groomer" right wing bullshit around me, drive-by right wing posters.

You're right. I messed up his first name should have used an H in place of...the Z.
Hack Wilson. :D

I'm an asshole Pats fan. A masshole. So of course fuck wilson, but I hate Rodgers more. But I honeslty feel super bad for Jets fans. It's like Knicks fan. We all secretly cheer for the team, but it's still fun to bust NY fans balls.

Just general thoughts reading the last few pages -- how can we both love the same band that sings about peace love humanity and all they stand for. That is amazing to me. Sort of like when Star Wars fans are racist. I'm like -- these movies have aliens all over the fucking place -- this is a story of inclusive. Hell brothers and sisters are even kissing! It just doesn't make sense to me.

Also, oh do I wish for a time when politics and everything fucking else wasn't about it. Like we can't even talk about fucking donuts without it becoming something.

U2 brought us together. Maybe we can, I don't know, use that common ground? Build bridges. Or walls. I heard some you really like walls. That's cool man. I'm more a bridge guy, but we can meet in the middle?

the person who attempted to abuse me when i was 19 did not teach health, wear drag, or was outwardly LGBTQ+.

he was a clean cut, highly respected member of the community. the proverbial "oh he would never do something like that" kinda guy.

until he did.

and then it was discovered that he had done it, and attempted to do it, dozens of times before - going back years.

but go on about drag shows.

Takes a real man to admit this in public. Thanks for sharing, sorry that happened to you. I hope that SOB paid for his crimes, not that he can even pay for them in full.

It's always people in a position of power be it teacher, coach, priest, rabbi, uncle... anyone that is accepted as good/nice are the ones that do this. It's why I'm always suspicious of "good" people and trust assholes more. As they are being sincere.

U2 brought us together. Maybe we can, I don't know, use that common ground? Build bridges. Or walls. I heard some you really like walls. That's cool man. I'm more a bridge guy, but we can meet in the middle?

What is this, JT30?

Mr. Trump made the declaration on Truth Social at 7:26. a.m., in a post written in all capital letters that ended by saying, “THE FAR & AWAY LEADING REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE AND FORMER PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WILL BE ARRESTED ON TUESDAY OF NEXT WEEK. PROTEST, TAKE OUR NATION BACK!”

Take our nation back? Sounds like we just did.

Perp walk that whiny bitch

Bannon is going to *love* the drama of running a candidate who’s in jail. “Free Trump!” will be the new campaign slogan.

Can’t wait for the political violence to follow.

If the folks in that local community have an issue with it, they should talk amongst themselves at the local community level. This is not some endemic situation, you’ve just been had by the media.

The local community does appear to be managing whatever is going on in their school system :up:

https://www.kdrv.com/news/regional/...cle_e4d169e6-2737-5b73-aa62-dc9d74078769.html
In the time since that assignment went viral on social media, many parents voiced their concern and displeasure. Some, however, shared other assignments given in the same class that caused equal concern.

An assignment from February called “With Whom Would You Do It?” involved a spinning wheel on the screen of the classroom. The wheel was labeled with various sex acts. When the wheel stopped on one of the acts, students were asked to write the initials of both a boy and a girl in the class that they would do the activity with.

https://www.registerguard.com/story...-fantasy-sex-ed-class-assignment/70016898007/
Eugene School District 4J has put Churchill High School's health teacher on paid leave and launched a third-party investigation following parental outrage over a student sex ed assignment.

Following the social media outcry over the assignment, dozens of parents, community members and students came to Eugene School District 4J's board meeting to voice their outrage and demand the district do something.

....All present board members denounced the assignment.

"I do apologize to the students, parents and community members that this affected. Schools are supposed to be a safe place," board member Judy Newman said. "This does not make me back off from wanting to provide our students a comprehensive trauma-informed and fact-based sex education. We do owe that also to our students."

He’s probably guaranteed the nomination now.

The GOP aristocracy and the Fox News hosts who mock their viewers behind their backs will do what they can to push DeSantis so they can return to “lower taxes on the rich” back as the only vision of the party, but doesn’t seem like they will be successful.

I can see how, for conservative voters, appealing it would be for a extreme conservative republican in his mid 40s with a zest for authoritarian rule to become president.

Trump is done, Biden is literally 20 years from turning 100. It’s kind of a crap show right now.

I can see how, for conservative voters, appealing it would be for a extreme conservative republican in his mid 40s with a zest for authoritarian rule to become president.

Trump is done, Biden is literally 20 years from turning 100. It’s kind of a crap show right now.

But reality is both are the 2 candidates for 2024 until proven otherwise.

Absolutely nothing is certain about Trump vs. the Field on the GOP side.

We haven’t seen a one term President lose and come back again in a very long time. I’m not sure if that goes all the way back to Grover Cleveland or not, because you only really hear about the winner. Not so sure if a former President has been primaried out since then.

Not many people really thought our last two presidents would both (1) be nominated and then (2) actually win the White House. I didn't.

Even a powerhouse politician in Mrs. Clinton was running well ahead of Barack Obama in the '08 primary polls. Until the voting began.

You just really never know how it shakes out. Having elderly, unhealthy candidates in the mix only makes it all the more uncertain.

Absolutely nothing is certain about Trump vs. the Field on the GOP side.

We haven’t seen a one term President lose and come back again in a very long time. I’m not sure if that goes all the way back to Grover Cleveland or not, because you only really hear about the winner. Not so sure if a former President has been primaried out since then.

As I recall Theodore Roosevelt came back and ran on a third party ticket (Bull Moose I think).

I think that's it.

Nixon lost to JFK and came back to win it.

Nixon wasn’t an ex-president when that happened though, not the prompt. The order is win-lose-run(fate).

However, Nixon does have a particularly obscure path of losses. Lost the 1960 election. Lost the 1962 california gubernatorial election. Lost the popular vote (or rather plurality) in the 1968 Republican primary but won the ticket. Failed to secure the popular vote as he won the presidency (while running with New York as his home state, which he lost, despite being from california / being a california senator). After all that losing and falling backwards into victory, he then had arguably the most decisive victory in US electoral history (albeit with many thanks due to his opponent’s poor showing).

Building off of phanan’s Roosevelt point, Roosevelt also had a wild electoral ride. He lost the 1886 election for mayor of New York. He won governor of New York in 1898, but failed to secure a majority. Without running for President, he is put on the ticket in 1900 as Vice President. He, with McKinley, wins, and he proceeds to become President 6 months later when McKinley is assassinated. In 1904 he was due for a primary challenger, but his challenger died. He still manages to win. The guy pledges not to run for a third term, but his ego is too big so he does in 1912. He primaries Taft and in fact beats him clean, but the RNC backs their incumbent and ignores the will of the people. So he goes and makes his own party and does better than Taft in the general. The part I did not know, though, was that he ran in 1916 as a Republican (and ended up going nowhere in the primary).

Honestly, look international to see many examples of leaders coming and going over and over... nothing is less helpful these days in US politics than to compare it to past elections as we are in a unique world of crazy and stupid.

I know he's a dumb fool, but the dumb fool won before, too close to a win lats time even w/o full cheating and if faced with jail time don't you think he'd do anything to win in 2024...

How anyone that is smart can feel confident that this POS is just going away at this point doesn't quite seem to get how stupid this country is.

oh hey :love::love::love:

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/1637809504581550081

you fuckers seriously couldn't have done this on friday? hell i was even staying a stone's throw away from the courthouses.

Meanwhile I'm afraid form y wife to go to work in the city as I know if it does happen, a few people will die. He will be responsible for more death.

Someone will attack someone in a subway, throw bottles at Jews... it's just going to be bad.

I'm not happy. I'm anxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom