US Politics XXXV: My Insurrection Lasted More Than 4 Hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's a sad state of affairs that when i saw the lights i immediately thought of how those douchemonkeys over at fox were going to say it looked satanic, alas - here we are, and yes they did.

Yep, an old coworker posted on Facebook that all Biden needed was a Hitler mustache. My response to him was "You support Trump". At this point, that IS the appropriate response.

now there's certainly a reasonable explanation - i.e. the documents that used to be in those folders were the ones that were returned earlier, or, i dunno, maybe he just likes collecting folders with top secret markings on them because they look cool.

but, uh, yea someone should probably explain as to why there were so many empty top secret and classified folders that were collected...

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.39.1_1.pdf

Yikes. I'd say the empty folders are somewhat more concerning than the ones with documents in them...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/viktor...perties/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab8d&linkId=179754916

giphy.gif

As much as I assume this is about something completely different... I mean, they didn't even search multiple Trump properties,
But if their investigation got info that Trump passed documents to this guy, and they found them. Holy shit. It would be like my birthday and Christmas all at once.

The best part would be to watch Fox News covering it. It would be... AMAZING.

As much as I assume this is about something completely different... I mean, they didn't even search multiple Trump properties,
But if their investigation got info that Trump passed documents to this guy, and they found them. Holy shit. It would be like my birthday and Christmas all at once.

The best part would be to watch Fox News covering it. It would be... AMAZING.

This is where you would start discussing the Death Penalty, which I'm totally against except for cases where former Presidents steal confidential data, lie about it, and share secrets with foreign enemies.

Yikes. I'd say the empty folders are somewhat more concerning than the ones with documents in them...

I’m pretty sure they knew what documents they were looking for so I don’t think it’s an issue (unless they specifically haven’t yet mentioned they’re looking for more documents).

I’m pretty sure they knew what documents they were looking for so I don’t think it’s an issue (unless they specifically haven’t yet mentioned they’re looking for more documents).

I know what you mean. But it does seem like the National Archives has expressed that they believe there are most likely more documents out there that haven't been returned or found. It may be that he took them out of the folder and they are just laying around in other places and they have them. Or possibly ones that he destroyed as he did often while in office. Or possibly that a stack of empty folders got in the mix.

Hard to know at this point.

But they just said he had over 10,000 documents in all, obviously 95% not classified, but still, just insane.

So Trump didn’t just say he would pardon all the Jan 6th insurrectionists (with an apology). He’s been paying for some of their legal bills. So paying for the legal defense of people that assaulted law enforcement. And Trumpists still will drive around with their stupid blue lives bullshit on their cars. I just want something to happen in this investigation that will shut every cult member up and maybe even snap them back into semi-reality.

So Trump didn’t just say he would pardon all the Jan 6th insurrectionists (with an apology). He’s been paying for some of their legal bills. So paying for the legal defense of people that assaulted law enforcement. And Trumpists still will drive around with their stupid blue lives bullshit on their cars. I just want something to happen in this investigation that will shut every cult member up and maybe even snap them back into semi-reality.
Something will happen, but they won't be stepping back into reality anytime soon.

They're so far gone they may never actually be able to come back.

If you have two parties that differ on policy but respect and understand the democratic process as well as rule of law, then media should do a good job of presenting both sides…factually

When one party has ditched all policy and wants to overthrow democracy and never give up power again……not really a side that’s on equal ground

Not one network showed Biden’s speech on the threats to our republic. They showed reruns. Imagine getting reruns after Pearl Harbor or 9/11. I personally think we are at greater risk now compared to any other time, maybe Cold War era could compare but i was too young to know much going on

Something will happen, but they won't be stepping back into reality anytime soon.

They're so far gone they may never actually be able to come back.

True. We started and lost a world war. Sure, some people came out the other side with their eyes opened. But make no mistake, by and large people's minds didn't shift. They merely adapted.

Shock!! A special master was approved by the Trump judge. Even after any non-Trump attorney called their motion laughable and "barely English", and even Bill Barr called it bullshit, Trump's lawyer came through for him. I'm guessing she wanted to forgo the death threats and 24-7 security. That's how it works now.

I don’t think it really changes anything tho right ? It doesn’t give him any legal advantage, mostly a symbolic one

I wonder if the judge felt if she didn’t do this, her life would be nothing but hiding from the MAGA base

Or

She’s a partisan hack who is trying to do anything to help her Orange leader.

She was confirmed after Trump lost. She also is extremely unqualified for the bench (much like a lot of GQP judges under Trump)

https://twitter.com/harrylitman/status/1566868489150685185?s=21&t=ioxqpGSKrf-2w3rXWKjmgA

The scary part is once you own the courts, you can do whatever you want.

This feels more true today.

I have to assume that the DOJ knew this would happen and have a good path forward.

I feel like it was historically true, but maybe a post-1900 turn towards modern government changed that.

Though that’s probably just what we were told.

Anyways, DOJ had to have at least planned for this.

I would think they would appeal to any other non-trump judge and get a sane ruling. Unless those pesky death threats again. It's hard to tell your kids to "do the right thing, be kind, it works out in the end... when you see that all that needs to happen to keep our entire government, electoral, and judicial system from working is to activate enough violent people to shut it all down.
Because even the people that want to do good, or know they should do the right thing, just don't want to get shot or put their families in harms way.

I think back, 6 or 7 years ago when a friend who liked Trump asked me, "I mean, what are you so worried about? What is the worst you think would happen if he got elected?"

I feel like it was historically true, but maybe a post-1900 turn towards modern government changed that.

Though that’s probably just what we were told.

Anyways, DOJ had to have at least planned for this.

I'd like to know more details. Is she limiting it to just a small portion of documents, set time-frame for completion, etc... If she did this with no caveats, it's pure corruption.

I'd like to know more details. Is she limiting it to just a small portion of documents, set time-frame for completion, etc... If she did this with no caveats, it's pure corruption.

I dunno man. I have zero doubt she favored Trump with bias, but I’m not sure how we got to special master implies he has some right to the document.

I think the biggest thing it does is delay. Means DOJ, FBI, etc have to hold off on collaboration until the special master is finished

Or they can appeal which means it could go all the way up to SC, and you know they won’t rush to hear it.

So from what I'm hearing, this sounds like we are going down the usual Trump road. The judge appoints the special master, which is supposed to be agreed up on by both sides, but I'm guessing that is in serious question. She has opened it up to everything, meaning any document can be litigated. So when people say, oh this is just a little delay, maybe a few weeks... Really they could drag it on for as long as they want.

this is what always happens. Delay, break the case down further and further, get wins from Trump judges along the way which hobble the case against him, the longer it stays out in the public, the less people think its a big deal. Trump walks away. Rinse and repeat.

He's going to try and delay until he announces his run for 2024.

Then the DOJ and everyone else will say, we can't indict him....he's running for office, it'll look political.

I still hold on to a little bit of hope, but it's really sad that our democracy was taken down by someone like Donald Trump. In reality though, it was taken down by greed.

You can only delay when you have the finances, or appear as though you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom