US Politics XVIII: the illegitimate partisan sham thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
on the bright side, if the democrats can actually get their fucking shit together, one year from today there's a pretty good chance donald trump will no longer be president.

Last edited:
She's a smart lady. She has to know that anything she says will be used.

To say that she wouldn't support him if he's the candidate is just flat out dumb and divisive.

Again, it shouldn't be this fucking hard to beat Donald Trump

I haven't paid attention to the polling in Iowa, but wasn't Bernie out to a lead?

I'll have to take a look again.

Iowan's will vote for what makes them comfortable. You got Obama in 2008 and that was once in a lifetime win.

I haven't paid attention to the polling in Iowa, but wasn't Bernie out to a lead?

I'll have to take a look again.

Iowan's will vote for what makes them comfortable. You got Obama in 2008 and that was once in a lifetime win.
Biden is up 6 points in latest polling. MOE is 4

Warren 2nd
PETE 3rd
Sanders 4th
Ole floppy bangs 5th

2nd choice polling
Biden 1
PETE 2
Warren 3
Floppy bangs 4
Sanders 5

I will never vote for polling
Warren 1
Sanders 2
Steyer 3

Lots of corporate hacks in Iowa, apparently

Last edited:

Warren 2nd
PETE 3rd
Sanders 4th
Ole floppy bangs 5th

2nd choice polling
Biden 1
PETE 2
Warren 3
Floppy bangs 4
Sanders 5

Warren 1
Sanders 2
Steyer 3

dunno where you're getting these numbers from. here's the actual polling averages:

wZzJYCV.png

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/president-primary-d/iowa/

I get that Biden has been weak in the debates, but people really like him, and I think they seem to “get” what he is trying to say. It’s not like Trump is a remotely good debater or speaker or nimble on his feel or anything like that. And he fucking clobbered the R field in 2016, which was a field not without genuine political talent.

The D base is far more interested in substance than anger and hate and bloodshed, but it also explains why Biden has been basically Teflon. Most voters aren’t looking at this in the same way that 10-15 posters in the political section of a sleepy U2 forum are.

I also listened to a lengthy interview with Booker a few days ago. I am quite sad that he never caught on, and that the times are too nasty for someone of his formidable gifts and commendable worldview. But, there’s a reason he dropped out

Warren 2nd
PETE 3rd
Sanders 4th
Ole floppy bangs 5th

2nd choice polling
Biden 1
PETE 2
Warren 3
Floppy bangs 4
Sanders 5

Warren 1
Sanders 2
Steyer 3

Des Moines is a huge Insurance and Finance market. The pay is one of the best in the country, and cost of living one of the most affordable.

I've been in San Diego for almost six years now, and it wasn't until last April that I finally beat my DSM Salary.

People in DSM aren't going to want to lose their insurance jobs, or pay higher taxes. Throw in the rural area and attitude and you're not set up for progressive success.

Excuse you. That lawyer has been all over tv the last two days insisting that his client is not Donald Trump, but the Constitution.

Dershowitz was on with Anderson Cooper last night. He and Jeffrey Toobin were challenging Alan's answers with facts and realities and he called them bullies lol. Really drinking that orange Kool Aid.

Why would arming hipsters be racist?

Ohhhh you saw Harlem and immediately thought black. My bad.

:lol: :applaud:

It's time for the no witness, no evidence fair impeachment trial! Staring a lawyer who is closely tied to the same serial child rapist as the defendant!

Welcome to Republican Gzus' America.
:sad::crack:

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1219462401755578368?s=19

That's right... The godfather to Lev Parnas' child is Trump's TV lawyer.

Witch Hunt, tho

it's a witch hunt !

And The BIGGEST HOAX!

https://twitter.com/Rschooley/status/1219659541387694080

oh, dear. what is mother's hand doing touching that Lev Parnas character whom clearly nobody knows?
:shifty: :lol:

hillary clinton literally calls bernie sanders useless, unliked, and "just baloney" then doubles down to confirm when asked if she still feels that way, outright calls his supporters sexist trolls and says that he is actively encouraging that behaviour, and then implies she will not support him in any way if he wins the nomination (even though he did 39 campaign events for her after she was nominated). and L-O-FUCKING-L at a clinton calling someone else a "career politician" as a slur.

but yeah the thing we should all be mad about is that some hippie law professor who likes bernie implied in an opinion article that rich-guy joe biden probably doesn't really care about lower class voters.

and all we're going to hear about for at least the next six-plus months is how it's bernie who's the one being divisive in the democratic party.

give me a fucking break :rolleyes:

She pointed out that some of Sanders
supporters turned into "Bernie Bros" NOT all of them.

53-47 nay vote on every single subpoena amendment. What a surprise.
:| :sigh:

I did not think Hillary would really be so batshit as to double down on her nothing is ever my fault act, but there you go.

The Clintons have a penchant for popping up very publicly at the worst conceivable time.

She seems like she’s sitting and basking in her misery four years later. I thought all her talk was natural just after the election, but hoped she’d be bigger than that afterwards.

What's interesting though is that she chose now to speak up because she sees the coordinated Bernie attacks picking up... oh excuse me, his staff and surrogate attacks that he totally knows nothing about, he was out knitting socks for th children's hospital at the time and can't possibly be held responsible...

It's an interesting strategy in that regards... let her plane the seed and take the heat so the ultimate candidate doesn't have to.

How big would you be if you had your life's goal stolen from you by an incompetent asshole?

I wish she'd go away as much as the next guy, but I can't fault her for being salty as fuck.

Shit Gore had a borderline mental breakdown after 2000. She's just bitter.

Still. She’s Hillary Clinton, she’s so much bigger than this. The more she shows her bitterness, the more he wins.

I’m sure I’ll live to regret this glimmer of hope, but the GOP logic here is so fundamentally circular a— the House case is invalid because we and the White House didn’t participate, and we and the White House didn’t participate because it is invalid — that any viewer is going to feel like this hearing is totally rigged to let some rich guy get off the hook, like they do with everything else. The whole point of Trump was to stick a middle-finger in the face of the status quo, but he’s just another mob boss who has paid off and intimidated a jury. It totally goes against his supposed political brand, and exposes in the GOP what these voters say they hate about DC in general.

One hopes this gets through, and every vulnerable GOP Senator goes down in flames in 10 months.

One hopes.

You have to wonder why the GOP don’t seem to be too worried knowing the truth will eventually come out and they’ll look horrible.

Could be that the threat of Barr investigating anyone who breaks ranks is enough to keep them in line

Could also be they know the election is rigged enough in their favor they’ll still eek out a victory

With the poll numbers and public opinion the way they are, any other time in history the GOP would have asked the President to resign. Instead they are business as usual.

Warren 2nd
PETE 3rd
Sanders 4th
Ole floppy bangs 5th

2nd choice polling
Biden 1
PETE 2
Warren 3
Floppy bangs 4
Sanders 5

Warren 1
Sanders 2
Steyer 3

So just looking at the average polling among the first primaries. Biden leads in 3 at the moment, and is a close second in NH.
If that holds up. Second (possibly first) in NH, wins Iowa, steamrolls SC, wins NV... It's game over. He will most likely win 9 or 10 out of 14 states on Super Tuesday. And probably 5 out of 6 the following week.

Plop Shakey Bangs or Abrams on as the VP and let's wrap this thing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom