US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't be her VP. Not only would that ticket be too old but a VP is pretty much a meaningless position, particularly when it comes to policy-making. Why would he even want it?

Very true. Trying to think of the cabinet position that would appeal to him that would allow him to make a difference.
Just spit-ballin' cause i don't see Bernie handing the torch without some sort of benefit to him.

So Pat Robertson is saying that Trump is "in danger of losing the mandate of heaven."

Not sure if evangelicals still listen to Pat Robertson, but this whole Syria thing isn't playing very well with mainstream republicans.

Evangelicals only care about the Supreme Court. Syria may as well be on Mars.

And right on cue...

One of Donald Trump’s most prominent Christian supporters will argue in a book due out before the 2020 general election that American evangelicals “have a moral obligation to enthusiastically back” the president.

According to the book's description, obtained by POLITICO, the original title for the book was “Render to God and Trump,” a reference to the well-known biblical verse, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s.” The message from Jesus in Matthew 22, has been used in contemporary politics to justify obedience to government — or in the case of Reed’s book, to Trump.

Story Continued Below

Regnery Publishing confirmed the book’s existence but said the title is “For God and Country: The Christian case for Trump.” The publisher declined to comment on the reason for the title change.

In his book, Reed will “persuasively” argue evangelicals have a duty to defend the incumbent Republican leader against “the stridently anti-Christian, anti-Semitic, and pro-abortion agenda of the progressive left,” according to the description.

Just like gzus would do!!

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/09/ralph-reed-trump-book-040920

His campaign raised 125 million last quarter

Where is this $$$ coming from ?

By contrast Warren raised something like 25 million, as did Bernie and Biden

His campaign raised 125 million last quarter

Where is this $$$ coming from ?

By contrast Warren raised something like 25 million, as did Bernie and Biden

On a side note. It is kinda frustrating to have such a long primary season. If you add up the money given just this quarter by the top 10, It's about 125 million. per quarter.
It just feels like this drains supporters money for such a long period before the general even starts.

Hoping that It really starts to narrow sharply soon. We need a top 5 and go from there.
And then hopefully it will become clear early on in the primaries who will be the nominee.
Start building up the war chest to fight the Marmalade Monstrosity.

I think Warren is the strongest candidate of my lifetime at the moment.

She hits on the liberal policies i support. She’s one of the few to propose tackling corruption.

I honestly can’t really find anything “wrong” with her

While Obama was a rockstar, Warren has the substance and soul to reshape our democracy

10,000 ISIS fighters will be released.
Can you even imagine if Obama or Hillary did this?

The rage i feel for Trump and every freaking Rep sycophant and his dumber than shit supporters is beyond anything i could have imagined.

This is particularly heinous by even US foreign policy standards.

Trump's essentially given the green light for ISIS to properly regroup and guarantee that the civil war goes on for at least another 5 years, all whilst destroying the only progressive force in the region.

He won't be her VP. Not only would that ticket be too old but a VP is pretty much a meaningless position, particularly when it comes to policy-making. Why would he even want it?

He would do it if he knew it meant he could fully bring his supporters into the loop and energize them. Because Bernie definitely actually believes in his message and would rather have his message in the POTUS chair than his own butt.

He could be a shoo in for President in 2028 if things go well during her administration.

at the spry young age of 169

Fox poll shows 51% want him impeached and removed.

Fox polls are very different from Fox “news.”

This is what killed Nixon — collapsing public support. But then, his approval rating was under 30% in 1974.

Ralph Reed does not speak for all Christians, just as I am sure you do not speak for all athiests or non Christians, whichever the case may be

You need to start asking yourself if you love America more than you hate liberals and Hillary Clinton and Obama.

Because if the answer is yes, you know how you need to vote in 2020.

The Normandy comment might be his worst and that’s saying something.

Why is congress on recess during all of this? And didn’t they just get back from one a month ago ?

I want all of the truth to come out but damn the world is going to burn while the Dems take their time

Interesting developments with Rex Tillerson.
He should be called to come in and testify.
They are subpoeaning the former Russian adviser for Trump.

This is what Dems need to do. Call people who won't be blocked. Call people that are no longer their, or call intelligence agency people that are career people that will want to keep having their career after Trump.

That said, Fox News poll saying 51% support Impeachment AND removal, 4% support impeachment with no removal is a HUGE number, and must have Trump shitting his oversized suit pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom