US Politics XVI: Where the record player stays on all night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the Democratic House apparently mistrusts their GOP colleagues so much(rightfully so imo) that they're trying to arrange the whistleblower's testimony in such a way to keep his/her identity from said GOP colleagues. Testimony from remote location via video, with face and voice digitally altered, is what was reported.

Kind of silly for Democratic presidential candidates to be talking about reaching across the aisle when the lack of trust is this high.

Kind of silly for Democratic presidential candidates to be talking about reaching across the aisle when the lack of trust is this high.

I think that most of them have caught on. Tulsi Gabbard is carrying water for the GOP for whatever reason, Amy Klobuchar is also delusional about bipartisanship and I think that so is Biden but even he has toned it down.

I think that most of them have caught on. Tulsi Gabbard is carrying water for the GOP for whatever reason, Amy Klobuchar is also delusional about bipartisanship and I think that so is Biden but even he has toned it down.

Agree with Gabbard. and Klobuchar is definitely too conservative for my taste. But i do think Biden's talk about working with Republicans is/was more of a political ploy, knowing that when people are polled, the majority says that they want the division to stop and both sides work together to get things done.
Obviously if elected, Reps make this impossible and I think any Dem would stick to their side of the fence...
But still, does come off as naive and out of touch at this moment.

WASHINGTON—Opting to take more of a wait-and-see approach instead of rushing to pass judgment, Republican lawmakers reportedly looked on in silence Tuesday as President Trump worked his way through each of their families and, one by one, strangled all their loved ones to death. “After I watched the president slowly and methodically squeeze the life out of my wife’s body as she gasped, futilely, for breath, he gave me his personal assurance that he was not responsible for her death, so I continue to stand by this administration,” said Rep. Scott DesJarlais (R-TN), who along with every Republican in both the House and Senate stated that while killing off their families in cold blood might not be entirely proper, it was certainly not an impeachable offense, no matter how the media tried to spin it. “Now, this is not an action I would have taken myself. I personally would not have wrapped my hands around my 5-year-old son’s neck and crushed his windpipe. But if Donald Trump’s approach to governing is sometimes a bit outside the ordinary, that’s because Donald Trump is no ordinary president. And maybe that’s not such a bad thing.” Later, with his beloved sister’s face turning purple as the commander-in-chief asphyxiated her with a length of barbed wire, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) appeared on several television news networks and said impeaching the president for her imminent death would be “insane.”

https://politics.theonion.com/gop-lawmakers-watch-silently-as-trump-strangles-each-of-1838885386

pretty much.

Yeah, if some sort of deeper knowledge or understanding is necessary, we can rule that out straight away.

So in my mind, it's either following direct orders from his shirtless boy toy.
Or doing it out of pure personal benefit.

And all too often i think these two forces often overlap.
Yup
I heard yesterday that this betrayal of the kurds, if under putin's direction would eventually give Russia an easier route to the Atlantic ocean.
Good article.

Can't argue with him there. And I will have no sympathy for them as they fall. I mean, c'mon, this:

If anyone seriously believed this, if anyone honestly thought that after the first time Trump made it clear he wasn't going to listen to professionals and experts, they were going to fare any better, they're even dumber than I thought. Don't sit here and act all shocked that Trump made another impulsive decision, GOP, you knew damn well he's been like this for the past THREE FUCKING YEARS. He's openly bragged about how he knows more than military officials, for God's sakes (which should've offended you guys, since, y'know, you love to brag all the time about how "patriotic" you are and how much you "support our troops" and blah, blah, blah, but hey, I guess it's more important to placate and encourage Trump's immature braggadocio instead, right?).

Like I said, if their turning on him means we get Trump out of here quicker, I'll go with it, but I don't want them to be absolved of their role in letting this insanity go on for as long as it has, either.
Yes, and great fierceness from you! :heart: Oh, and nooo, they shouldn't get away with their enabling, etc!

Pence better start warming up.
Heh.
I also heard he might not be as theocratic as we all fear.

Remember when the president made the vice president stay at a hotel on the complete other side of Ireland simply because it meant that tax payer dollars would flow into the president's own pockets?

Remember when he made air force cargo plane land in a remote Scottish airport located near a Trump resort, so that the airport would stay afloat, which was vital to his resort's survival, even though it was totally out of the way and would cost significantly more?

Remember when he planned to have the G7 at a shitty hotel near the Miami airport simply because it will make himself richer?

Remember how he spends every single weekend at a location which requires tax payer money to flow into his pockets?

Remember how foreign governments are buying out entire blocks of his DC hotel to cozy up to him?

Remember when he kowtowed to the Russians so that he could build a skyscraper?

Remember when he allowed the Saudi government to dismember an American journalist because Jared has real estate deals to think of?

Remember when he held up military aid to an ally that was being invaded in an attempt to aid his reelection campaign?
Unfortunately.... yes. :bow: President King Grifter! :gah:

Right? The one upside to them being so goddamn stupid, they're making this investigation so incredibly easy.

This is wonderful news. I sure hope our Trump supporting posters are reading all of this-if I were them (and had, y'know, any sense of shame or humility besides), I'd be feeling pretty embarrassed right about now.
Well, except for forbidding people to to testify. How long can that be drawn out? :|

There are Capitol Police , and a jail in the Capitol building. :sigh:

So, the Democratic House apparently mistrusts their GOP colleagues so much(rightfully so imo) that they're trying to arrange the whistleblower's testimony in such a way to keep his/her identity from said GOP colleagues. Testimony from remote location via video, with face and voice digitally altered, is what was reported.

Oh! I had not heard this yet.
I sure hope thst will work!

:shifty:
(call in master computer good guy hackers Harold Finch and Ms Groves to the rescue, and Carter, Reese, Fusco, and Shaw to protect the whistleblowers! :D [fictional references] )

Last edited:
From Rep Rashida Talib

Freshman Rep. Rashida Tlaib said Democratic lawmakers were trying to figure out how to arrest White House officials who ignore congressional subpoenas.

Tlaib told constituents at her “Congress, Coffee, and Conversation” event in Detroit on Tuesday that lawmakers were focused on how best to take members of President Trump’s cabinet into custody.

“This is the first time we’ve ever had a situation like this. So they’re trying to figure out, no joke, is it the DC police that goes and gets them? We don’t know. Where do we hold them?” she said, according to the pro-Trump America Rising PAC.

Tlaib was caught on video speculating what might happen to Trump administration officials held in contempt of Congress.

Tlaib — a member of “The Squad” along with fellow freshman Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar and Ayanna Pressley — said she and her fellow Dems were “trying to tread carefully” in this “uncharted territory.”

She then joked that anyone taken into custody could be held in Detroit.

“I will tell them they can hold all those people right here in Detroit. We’ll take care of them and make sure they show up to the committee hearings,” she said.

Work fast!!! :sonicthehedgehog: !!!

Edit- unless this right wing group faked this.

Last edited:
WH refusing to participate in the impeachment inquiry, sent some crazy long letter to Nancy Pelosi. George Conway said the letter is an impeachable offense, lol. In a fantasy world Kellyanne is one of the whistleblowers.

from Bloomberg News

Russian Operative Said ‘We Made America Great’ After Trump’s Win

(Bloomberg) -- Kremlin-directed operatives opened champagne when Donald Trump won the presidency in 2016, according to a communication disclosed in a new Senate Intelligence Committee report outlining Russia’s sweeping social media efforts to help him win.

even as we have supposed etc

It still hurts!
:gah: :gah: :gah:
:sad: :sad: :sad:

Oh, and Rudy won't testify.

LOCK THEM UP!!!!!

Last edited:
WH refusing to participate in the impeachment inquiry, sent some crazy long letter to Nancy Pelosi. George Conway said the letter is an impeachable offense, lol. In a fantasy world Kellyanne is one of the whistleblowers.

yep - refusing to cooperate with a congressional investigation is obstruction of justice and contempt of congress all on its own.

I know that we don't know what happens behind closed doors but there is no way this is a functional marriage.

To those doubting that Putin pulled Trump's little puppet strings to pull out of Syria.

This is happening in the next few hours:

David Ignatius

@IgnatiusPost

...I'm also told that Turkish attack appears coordinated with the Russians. Russian-backed forces are mobilizing to invade the Kurdish area from the south — towards Tabqa and other spots. Meanwhile, ISIS is mobilizing sleeper cells in Raqqa and attacks have taken place tonight.
5:13 PM - 8 Oct 2019

He is a Russian asset. And he doesn’t care who dies.

Agree on both counts.
Narcissistic socio /psychopaths never care who is harmed.

I'm torn between whether he is a socio or psycho path. Maybe someone here more schooled in the finer points of these things could pin that down.
Either way, they both share these traits

Regularly breaks or flouts the law - CHECK
Constantly lies and deceives others - CHECK
Is impulsive and doesn’t plan ahead - CHECK
Can be prone to fighting and aggressiveness - CHECK
Has little regard for the safety of others - CHECK
Irresponsible, can’t meet financial obligations - CHECK
Doesn’t feel remorse or guilt - CHECK

Narcissistic personality disorder compounded by his wealth and for as much as he claims to be against it, being of the bourgeois elite. Add that to being a man of little intelligence and you get the personification of the USA at its ugliest.

Trump is already seizing on a report that whistleblower #1 has some sort of ties to one of the Democratic candidate's campaign . Washington Post reported that. It's actually mentioned in the IG report.

Meanwhile Trump is STILL talking about Hillary and she trolls him.Of course do your job is a truly mild troll given Trump's daily disgraces.

I love how he capitalizes Uber and left. I didn't know E Warren worked at Uber, Trump's tweets are so educational. Learn something new every time I read one.

trumphillarytweet-1-581x475.png

Seeing the reporting today on Matt Lauer...

Makes me recall when a woman was raped in a dressing room by Donald Trump, and it was a two day story. You know, as it would have been for any other president.

Trump has survived because of corruption.

His campaign and presidency survives because the media loves him. He is ratings gold, which equals $$$$.

This 'both-sideism' is what could end up ruining our democracy. Not FoxNews, everyone knows they are a propaganda channel.

It's CNN, ABC, NBC painting each political event as something that is done by both sides.

Trump sent a letter to congress saying he cannot be impeached. Instead of running the story on how this is completely fucking nuts, and illegal, we get a story on "Are Dems pushing impeachment too far too soon????"

Poor Lindsey Graham melting down on twitter today. Did he not realize that eventually Trump would destroy something he cares about too? Being his little bitch over the last two years didn't make him immune.

Trump looks out only for Trump.

I feel absolutely horrible for the Kurds, and our military people over there having to stand down and watch Turkey + ISIS wipe them off the face of the Earth.

Where is Mattis now? This is why he resigned, because of how Trump was treating the Kurds prior to this. Hope his book sales are worth the silence and being a coward.

10,000 ISIS fighters will be released.
Can you even imagine if Obama or Hillary did this?

The rage i feel for Trump and every freaking Rep sycophant and his dumber than shit supporters is beyond anything i could have imagined.

Elizabeth Warren now says she will not take $ from big-donor fundraisers in the general election. She had previously made the commitment only in respect of the primaries.

I am starting to wonder whether she and Bernie are cutting a deal in the background.

Elizabeth Warren now says she will not take $ from big-donor fundraisers in the general election. She had previously made the commitment only in respect of the primaries.

I am starting to wonder whether she and Bernie are cutting a deal in the background.

Very interesting notion.

possible - I push all of my supporters to you for a VP spot...

I hope that isn't the case. Usually VP pick is younger for an older candidate, to ease people's mind. and I Would like to see a Warren/Abrams ticket to be honest.

And maybe not VP, maybe a cabinet position. That would be cool.

He won't be her VP. Not only would that ticket be too old but a VP is pretty much a meaningless position, particularly when it comes to policy-making. Why would he even want it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom