unkown caller gone???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
in your opinion.

and i've said it many times now, fuck the casual fan. they get the majority of the setlist, they can sit down and shut the fuck up while the band plays your blue room for me.

Isn't all of this our opinion?

The crowd headed for the restroom/concessions isnt opinion, every show I have seen on 360 that YBR was done this has happened and is not an opinion.

My preference for a slow paced setlist grinding to a halt song would be Drowning Man over YBR. That is my opinion and my preference.

:shrug:

Wow, maybe not live, but I don't know if I've come across someone who didn't see it as a highlight of Passengers.

Wow, I can't believe some people are complaining about In A Little While being done. I would have loved it at any of the shows I saw. :shrug:

The song that is putting people to sleep is Your Blue Room. It literally sends people to the restroom and concessions. If they are that worried about the general concert goer they would not play that one period. I don't understand how YBR is ok for setlist pacing but Drowning Man kills it for some reason. :der: Drowning Man would be 1000 times better than YBR and is a WAY better song to boot.

Voice of reason.

I was thrilled I saw IALW and they performed it very well.

Dropping NLOTH songs is a mistake. Playing as many songs from ATYCLB might be a mistake, but IALW was very good. They could rotate IALW with Stay and Stuck. It's not acoustic, but it sounds great and is a more stripped down song.

Wow, maybe not live, but I don't know if I've come across someone who didn't see it as a highlight of Passengers.

I'm not a fan of Passengers, so maybe that has a lot to do with it for me.

I applaud U2 for playing something obscure like it. I just don't like the song. Their heart is in the right place with it, just not my personal preference. I would rather they do something obscure from a known "U2" album. :shrug: Like Drowning Man!! :lol: Not my favorite song by them either, but still would have been interesting live and off a pretty well known "U2" album. Their excuse for not doing DM doesn't make sense because YBR has the exact same effect from what I have seen. YBR is just sort of there live for me and thats about it. Would have been cool to do a couple of times, but should not be any sort of setlist staple IMO. (I know they aren't playing it every show before some one pipes up, but they are playing it fairly consistantly and I think its going to be played more).

There are no bad songs on Pax, except maybe Ito Okashi, in my very humble opinion.

i can't help but notice that most people who think your blue room doesn't work either don't like it or passengers, or have other reasons for complaining about why it doesn't work. people who like the song think it goes over great (and like the fact that people don't know it, screw them).

i can't help but notice that most people who think your blue room doesn't work either don't like it or passengers, or have other reasons for complaining about why it doesn't work. people who like the song think it goes over great (and like the fact that people don't know it, screw them).

I love the song to pieces, but my best assumption is that it goes over miserably in the stadiums. I love U2 for keeping it in there for five shows, at least.

I like Elvis Ate America.
me too!

and about the casual fans taking bathroom breaks and such during ybr, who cares. the casual fans are just there to hear music and most likely drink beer. they're going to get up to pee and/or buy food and beer eventually, who cares when that is? it's going to most likely be during a slow song, so if it's not ybr it'll be something else like wowy or whatever. it'd take a lot to keep them in their seats during the whole show.

I'll just add another mark to the consensus as it concerns ATYCLB: one-half a good album, and an album that hasn't aged particularly well. High points: Kite, B Day, maybe Walk On. B Day obviously deserves a nightly spot, and I wouldn't object to Walk On (missed most of the last tour), although this tour's edition is markedly inferior to the version played in 2001, so they need to tighten it up a bit. If a third song did deserve a mention, its clearly Kite, one of the best songs on Elevation (up there with the Fly, Gone, UTEOTW). Why Elevation, Stuck, and IALW are still alive, and in the former two cases nightly staples, is highly questionable and discouraging. Elevation is a cheap rise out of the casual fans, but c'mon, everyone knows Discotheque, which is 100x the song Elevation is and has been wholly absent 4+ years. Hold Me Thrill Me was a hit single in 1995, why can't that get played? I'm not asking for God II, Hawkmoon, Wire, October, etc (all of which would be great), I'm asking for HIT SINGLES from the 1990s to return.

Drowning Man would be more in the deep cut category, but Blue Room rightly points out it would be far more powerful than YBR live. For the record, I like (not love) YBR, beautiful little song, but clearly not one that would work best in a stadium environment, perhaps to its credit. Glad they tried it, but E Storm or Drowning Man would make a whole lot more sense than YBR. And the astronaut tie-in doesn't really work for me.

Oh, and on topic: I hope UC does return, enjoyed it live much more than on record, mostly for the solo. It is certainly preferable to Stuck and Elevation!

They just taunted us diehards in the US by ES only to play it just a few times, honestly you could see the improvement, should have just stuck with it. That, and Kite are my favorite tracks from this decade.

I think Your Blue Room went over a lot better than Electrical Storm. I'm glad they played it in Landover. To hell with the casual fans. The people who were in the pit seemed to love it. :wink:

They just taunted us diehards in the US by ES only to play it just a few times, honestly you could see the improvement, should have just stuck with it. That, and Kite are my favorite tracks from this decade.

:huh: Why just you diehards in the US? Why does the world always seem to revolve around 'you guys' in the US.

What's all this restroom business in the US?
Have people got shorter attention spans or something? It's a four minute song!!!!! Jesus!!! Get a grip people, god forbid Radiohead ever do a stadium tour in the states!
Is it unheard of to go to a gig and not know all the songs? :shifty:

Sorry, but if I hear Restroom and YBR in the same sentence again I will probably scream!!!!

What's all this restroom business in the US?
Have people got shorter attention spans or something? It's a four minute song!!!!! Jesus!!! Get a grip people, god forbid Radiohead ever do a stadium tour in the states!
Is it unheard of to go to a gig and not know all the songs? :shifty:

Sorry, but if I hear Restroom and YBR in the same sentence again I will probably scream!!!!

i will admit that i went to pee during Pride, but it just seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

Back
Top Bottom