unkown caller gone???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whats up with this whole, oh they left out a new tune thing?

is it to see fans reaction on here?

If so, UC and Boots are the only new tunes that work very well live!
Why wont they open with Boots!!!

As suggested in a different thread Breathe should open the first encore, (also they should bring back the two encore format!)

Whats up with this whole, oh they left out a new tune thing?

is it to see fans reaction on here?

If so, UC and Boots are the only new tunes that work very well live!
Why wont they open with Boots!!!

As suggested in a different thread Breathe should open the first encore, (also they should bring back the two encore format!)

I would disagree with part of that. UC is average on the album, better live, but still fairly average. I think "No Line On The Horizon" is great on the album and great live. I think it should open the show. I do agree Boots would be a better opener than Breathe also though and that Breathe should be an encore opener and that there should be two encores.

I think U2 should put UC after "Streets" to close out the 1st encore. But it shouldn't be dropped though. The solo gets peoples attention and just like the other new songs.....it rocks :up:

I think U2 should put UC after "Streets" to close out the 1st encore. But it shouldn't be dropped though. The solo gets peoples attention and just like the other new songs.....it rocks :up:

The solo is :up: makes the song for me.

Its the only reason other than the intro that I think the song is even average. Otherwise I don't care for it really.

Unknown Caller works very well live. Edge mentioned earlier this year that it was the band's favorite or second favorite song on NLOTH.

Unknown Caller is my favourite U2 song from this decade. And it's also great live. I hope it comes back.

The solo is :up: makes the song for me.

Its the only reason other than the intro that I think the song is even average. Otherwise I don't care for it really.

The solo is beautiful, the layering of sounds is awesome, and in spite of it's seemingly over-simple lyrics, its a spiritual anthem that gives me shivers... but it is a 6 minute non-single that's not for the cynical mainstream... I'm glad the band loved it enough to pull off such a performance, and even more so that I got to see them do it 3 times in person, but it was never going to carry on due to too many people in the audience not knowing it... I don't think its done for the year, but I don't see it living on in 2010 or beyond.

I agree if they want to drop it, at least replace it with another NLOTH song. We don't need more ATYCLB stuff...

I agree if they want to drop it, at least replace it with another NLOTH song. We don't need more ATYCLB stuff...

U2 seem to forget it's 2009 now, not 2001. More than 2-3 ATYCLB songs in one setlist is just unnecessary now. The Elevation Tour has been and gone.

I'm disappointed Unknown Caller is now clearly being regarded as expendable, but the band kind of made it so. It somewhat lost its home in the setlist as soon as it was split from UF. Really don't see why they did that; it would be much better in 11th before UF rather than some rubbishy acoustic Stuck that's a good few years past its use-by date.

I would disagree with part of that. UC is average on the album, better live, but still fairly average. I think "No Line On The Horizon" is great on the album and great live. I think it should open the show. I do agree Boots would be a better opener than Breathe also though and that Breathe should be an encore opener and that there should be two encores.

I really enjoyed UC live, The album version irritates me know, there is something very flat and unfinished about it, kinda like my overall felling about the album tbh, the songs are getting there masterpieces but there just not tweaked right!

actually to add to my earlier comment I think MOS sounds great live aswell, well musically, Bono seems to have a real tough time singing it, Yeah I supose NLOTH is pretty good too, I guess its a song that needs to be pretty loud! but the gigs I was at the volume was frustratingly low!!! But I find Magnificent annoying live, on the album its a really great tune, Larrys drumming is great! but live its so mellowed and slow, it loses its killer rhythum completely! and I never really cared for Breathe, worst song on the album imo, and live I think other than Larrys incredible drum intro the song sets the gig off to a dull start, really dont get the whole "fuck off live rocker" aspect that Edge said was there,

UC went very well live in Europe (at the shows I went to anyway), it did get dropped for one of the Dublin shows (I think). I always really enjoyed hearing it, but it's one my favourite tracks on the album as well

I guess it's not getting a great response in the US and they're dropping it in favour of a more well known song- bit of a shame I guess- has NLOTH not done very well in the US?

Everyone was into it at NY2 and Bono almost seemed giddy at how loud everyone was singing the lyrics.

It's one of my favorites from NLOTH, I don't know why they'd drop it :angry:

While it's nice to see the setlist being changed up, dropping UC, if even occasionally, is a crappy idea. It's beautiful live, the crowd that isn't familiar with it seemed to dig the words being on screen, and everyone that knows it loves it. I don't get it.

Mark

Not in the upperdeck they weren't :sad:

I know what you're saying I sat with some real bums in the 300 level at NJ1...they were actually giving me looks cause I knew the words to Your Blue Room. That said, the crowd as a whole was MUCH louder at NJ2

It looks like it could end up being the new Do You Feel Loved, or at least Miracle Drug. :slant: Shame at that; I'm not the biggest UC fan, studio or live, but allocating one less song to NLOTH every night is disappointing by default.

They played it when I saw them, and it was one of the best parts of the show. It's a tragedy if they drop it - especially if they don't bring in a new NLOTH song to take its place.... :(

Unknown Caller is my favorite song off of NLOTH. It's a beautiful and deep song that has the kind of lyrics that give the crowd a chance to join in. Not only that, but it simply steals the show in a live setting. I'm only going to one show during this tour, and I'm really nervous that I may not get to hear this one. I'll be pretty peeved if I don't.

It looks like it could end up being the new Do You Feel Loved, or at least Miracle Drug. :slant: Shame at that; I'm not the biggest UC fan, studio or live, but allocating one less song to NLOTH every night is disappointing by default.

Miracle Drug wasn't dropped til late in the 3rd leg though. And it was replaced by Original of the Species. I don't agree with Unknown Caller being dropped, and I do hope they bring it back. It was a highlight both nights I saw them and the crowd seemed really into it.

hey guys, don't worry about the new material. u2 are keeping us satisfied by laying on the atyclb... and they're laying it on THICK.

here's to hoping they drop ultraviolet for peace on earth.

hey guys, don't worry about the new material. u2 are keeping us satisfied by laying on the atyclb... and they're laying it on THICK.

here's to hoping they drop ultraviolet for peace on earth.

GRACE!!! Please drop UV for Grace. :fingerscrossed:

:wink:

:no: :down:

Seriously, I'm glad I got to hear UC when I did.

Mark

should be interesting to see how they balance NLOTH and SOA in the setlists next year.

since we're making fun of ATYCLB, i wonder why Bono has never done a snippet of "Always" at the end of "Beautiful Day".

Back
Top Bottom