U2's Saddest Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with all thats been said has everyone forgotten So Cruel? Imagining playing that straight after you been dumped by a partner! (not talking from experience by the way!)

1st Place: "North and South of the River" Omagh Tribute version.

2nd Place: "So Cruel"

3rd Place: "Electrical Storm"

Honorable mention: "With or Without You", "One", "If God Will Send His Angels"

my complete list, after meditating it and these are the songs that for some reason are sad for me:

Tomorrow, Acrobat, So Cruel, Stay, The Ocean, Mofo, Wake up Dead Man, Velvet Dress, Mothers of the Disappeared, One, Ultraviolet, New Year's Day, Electrical Storm, Endless Deep, Kite, Peace On Earth, If Goed Will Send His Angels, Heartland, etc.

I love the sad songs, I don't know why

Love is Blindness is the first song that came to mind. After that, Running to Stand Still.

I won't repeat anything emntioned above, but will add: In a Little While. Maybe it's the voice, but it sort of depresses me in a strange, faraway type way.

I found the "the first time" a little bit of a downer just because it sounds like it is about a man who has had life experience but only finds love from his lover and brother..whenever he finds it though....he leaves by the back door and throws away the key.

Many of there sad songs though have chinks of light in them.

Swan269 said:
I found the "the first time" a little bit of a downer just because it sounds like it is about a man who has had life experience but only finds love from his lover and brother..whenever he finds it though....he leaves by the back door and throws away the key.

Interesting way of looking at that song...when you put it that way, yeah, it DOES sound sad.

Originally posted by Swan269
Many of there sad songs though have chinks of light in them.

This is true.

By the way, the song in your sig is another one I forgot to add-this verse:

It's early fall
There's a cloud on the New York skyline
Innocence dragged across a yellow line

never fails to make me get a lump in my throat. Particularly when I watch the video.

Angela

I can't believe nobody else is picking "North and South of the River (Omagh Tribute) as the saddest song!?!?!

the saddest song for me is :

LUMINIOUS TIMES (HOLD ON TO LOVE)

simply for those great lyrics:

"I love you 'cause I need to
Not because I need you
I love you 'cause I understand
That God has given me your hand
He holds me in a tiny fist
But still I need your kiss"

really sad

Latest posts

Back