U23D setlist party from Sundance?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4U2Play

Refugee
If all goes well, I'll be attending the world premiere of U23D next month at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah on Saturday, January 19th.

Just wanted to see if anyone is interested in a film setlist party? I know it sounds kind of weird, but one never knows with some of the crazy hardcore fans in here.

I could text someone with updates of the event, the film setlist and any info on U2's possible appearance there.

No problemo if no one cares, but I just want to make the offer...

Last edited:
I'd be curious to talk to ya. I've been working on something that I hope to use for the next tour, and this may be a good opportunity to try it out. Get in touch if you wouldn't mind -- g0rman on AIM or g0rman@gmail.com via email.

From the Sundance Movie Program:

U2 3D
DirectorS: Catherine owens, Mark Pellington
U.S.A., 2007, 85 min., color, Sony HD Cam

It goes without saying that U2 3D is not merely a
concert film; it is a concert experience—and one that
will leave you fumbling around on the ground for
your jaw. An electrifying collage of South American
stadium concerts during U2’s 2006 tour, U2 3D
mobilizes digital 3-D and surround-sound technology
to plunge us into almost supernatural proximity to the
musicians. Whether it’s dropping into The Edge’s sonic
orbit or passing over the crowd through a sculptural
sea of outstretched arms, we’re no longer on the
outside looking in, but on the inside looking in—a
perspective shift whose novelty is at first delightfully
odd, and then pure revelation. The sense of intimacy
with the audience is uncanny, as if Bono has stepped
right off the screen to spend a moment with us, his
extended hand mere inches from our face. Featuring
songs that have touched fans for years, from “Sunday
Bloody Sunday” and “One” to ”Beautiful Day” and
“Vertigo,” U2 3D establishes a visceral bond that’s
completely unprecedented in film.

U2 has always understood the power of multisensory
engagement in conveying its social message, in this
case, coexistence, so it’s not surprising that the
band would be inspired to explore the immersive
possibilities of 3-D. Call them polarized or rosy, from
behind these glasses the world may indeed be a place
of peace and hope. –CAROLINE LIBRESCO/JOHN NEIN

ExP: Sandy Climan, Michael Peyser, David Modell
Pr: Jon Shapiro, Peter Shapiro, John Modell, Catherine
Owens Ci: Peter Anderson, Tom Krueger Ed: Olivier
Wicki Mu: Carl Glanville 3-D/DigPr: Steve Schklair

Saturday, January 19, 9:45 pm
Eccles Theatre, Park City
Saturday, January 19, midnight
Eccles Theatre, Park City

Oh God I can't wait to see this. :drool: :ohmy:

4U2Play said:
If all goes well, I'll be attending the world premiere of U23D next month at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah on Saturday, January 19th.

Just wanted to see if anyone is interested in a film setlist party? I know it sounds kind of weird, but one never knows with some of the crazy hardcore fans in here.

I could text someone with updates of the event, the film setlist and any info on U2's possible appearance there.

No problemo if no one cares, but I just want to make the offer...

:wave:

Woah!
Awesome.

Any room left in your suitcase perhaps? :wink: LOL

Re: Re: U23D setlist party from Sundance?

Miringeltje said:
Any room left in your suitcase perhaps? :wink: LOL

Hola Miriam!

Yes, I have just enough room for one human being.

Meet you at SFO on the 17th, bring your camera and woolies

It's been such a drought since setlist parties that something like this would be pretty fun.

If this is going to happen, please everyone pray that I get U23D Sundance tickets when they go on sale January 8th!

Gorman and I have some nice plans in the works...

Merry Christmas!
Nick

oh... well I am gonna be dancing, jumping and singing as if I was at the concert.. cuz that is how it's gonna feel..:D I am treating it as a concert.. what other way is there..

I am so excited about this film. My Long Island PLEBAn friends, get readyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

:corn: :yippie: :rockon:

:bow: :edge: :bono: :larry: :adam:

We could have an all day marathon. I remember doing that with "A Hard Days Night" and "Help"

Hey does anyone know how/where to buy tickets for this? I live in Utah and I just found out about it...I'd really like to go. Thanks for any help! You can email me at wolf_q@yahoo.com or reply here.

wolf Q said:
Hey does anyone know how/where to buy tickets for this?

It's already sold out, so check eBay or Craigslist Salt Lake City. The $15 tickets are going for well over $125 already.

4U2Play said:

It's already sold out, so check eBay or Craigslist Salt Lake City. The $15 tickets are going for well over $125 already.

what?! didn't they go on sale the 8th?

4U2Play - I live in SLC, UT and would love to get updates regarding U2 sightings. A local radio station announced this morning that there could be plans for a live show at a local club (Harry O's?) celebrating the premiere. Would love to be kept up to date (tip7@comcast.net). Bryan

btippetts7 said:
4U2Play - I live in SLC, UT and would love to get updates regarding U2 sightings. A local radio station announced this morning that there could be plans for a live show at a local club (Harry O's?) celebrating the premiere. Would love to be kept up to date (tip7@comcast.net). Bryan

Hey Bryan,

I am more than willing to provide live updates of U2 sightings, and try to film whatever mini-concert they might do, but I still don't even have tickets for either U2 3D showing this Saturday.

All the local Utah residents bought them up before they went on sale to the general public, and they are now scalping the tickets for upwards of $400 per (a bit out of my price range, unfortunately -- I'm competing against the likes of Winona Ryder and Colin Farrell and half of Hollywood for these tix).

As for getting into one of those parties featuring U2, I've heard that one needs to be connected and on guestlists to get in, so count me out on that as well. I might be able to get into the Paris Hilton party, though, so maybe Adam will show up for that :wink:

There is still a chance we can get tickets for U2 3D at the door, but I'm pessimistic... the demand is absolutely huge, U2 3D is by far the hottest ticket at Sundance this year.

So, sorry, unless a miracle happens, I don't think I'll be able to give a live feed of U2 sightings while I'm there, maybe a truncated report after it's done, consisting of sightings of Akon and Velvet Revolver :sad:

Last edited:
Read on another forum:

"I work on Main Street and rumor has it that U2 (who produced a movie this year) will be performing a surprise concert near the Main Street Deli (outdoor on a balcony) this Friday or Saturday night. The source is a PC policeman. Just an FYI."

Dunno if it's true...

Waterman981 said:
Read on another forum:

"I work on Main Street and rumor has it that U2 (who produced a movie this year) will be performing a surprise concert near the Main Street Deli (outdoor on a balcony) this Friday or Saturday night. The source is a PC policeman. Just an FYI."

Dunno if it's true...

:ohmy:

Waterman981 said:
Read on another forum:

Dunno if it's true...

Cool, thanks for the tip, I'll be there with my frozen video camera waiting for them (I hope they dress like they did in the NYD video)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom