U2 to Perform First Concerts at MSG Sphere in Las Vegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, I'm sorry to anyone who hasn't been able to get one. I figured we'd all be fine, seems I've been really lucky to get even one? And my first preference?

Just saw live nation said they got 1 million requests for tickets. Maybe limit the amount to 2 then?

Just saw live nation said they got 1 million requests for tickets. Maybe limit the amount to 2 then?

No shit! One of the many steps they could’ve taken.

And didn’t.

Last edited:
If they didn’t care they wouldn’t have bothered with the *setup* of ultra vs violet before Verified Fan, all-in ticketing, face value marketplace for GA, etc.

It’s the execution that got fucked up. The buck stops with the band, sure, but the fault is with the ticketing company.

You can’t have a fan club presale the exact same as previous tours when this isn’t anything like previous tours. This isn’t a “tour.” It should of been addressed properly.
Playing live. Playing all of AB, even without Larry. Here’s your fucking relevance.

If they didn’t care they wouldn’t have bothered with the *setup* of ultra vs violet before Verified Fan, all-in ticketing, face value marketplace for GA, etc.

It’s the execution that got fucked up. The buck stops with the band, sure, but the fault is with the ticketing company.

Well the band could have told their manager to tell the ticketing company to fulfill ALL of the U2.com membership presale requests. Maybe that was something that Larry used to handle.

Well the band could have told their manager to tell the ticketing company to fulfill ALL of the U2.com membership presale requests. Maybe that was something that Larry used to handle.

I’m sure they employ someone to look at that. It’s a business. There’s never been an issue like this for them before, at this level of screwup across multiple sale approaches. Certainly some heads will roll.

That said, I don’t see Adam fielding calls with TM to look at the subscription rolls. Maybe Larry is somewhere shaking his head though.

I mean... just because Larry spoke one time at the Grammys doesn't mean he would have been the saviour here.

He's also, ya know, still in the band.

You guys give them and the industry too much credit. Guarantee it was something like "Oh don't forget to include the fan club! Set aside a few tickets for them the first day."

The fan club is at the absolute bottom of their cares. If anything they're worse. Ticketmaster gets to resell all these non-GA tickets on their site, which they get a cut of, essentially getting to sell each of these tickets twice. They want scalpers to buy tickets.

No one in this band is losing sleep that some of their fans didn't get to buy tickets today.

The fan club is at the absolute bottom of their cares. If anything they're worse.

And yet I’ve been taken care of via fanclub presale for every single tour before this since the .com membership was instituted.

I’m sure they employ someone to look at that. It’s a business. There’s never been an issue like this for them before, at this level of screwup across multiple sale approaches. Certainly some heads will roll.

That said, I don’t see Adam fielding calls with TM to look at the subscription rolls. Maybe Larry is somewhere shaking his head though.

Adam resigned from being band manager over 40 years ago. So yes, I don't see him doing that. Bono has to stay calm because it will put stress on his heart. Edge might be trying to help us.

Through the kindness of a fellow Interference member I'm going to get to a show.

Which is something I think we should all remember now that we've had some time to process this clusterfuck. Yes, it could have gone better. Yes, some of us got screwed.

But a LOT of people in here were able to get the tickets they wanted last night and today.

And this place - along with a few Facebook groups - has always been great about fans helping other fans out, and at face value.

So we can all exhale a bit. There's still 5 months before the first show. That's a lot of time to work the boards to find a kind fan with an extra ticket.

And jeez louise it's Las Vegas. They're not going to run out of hotel rooms. So if it takes a few months, you'll still be good.

Now let's just hope none of these bastards get COVID the week of a show [emoji55]

Through the kindness of a fellow Interference member I'm going to get to a show.

Which is something I think we should all remember now that we've had some time to process this clusterfuck. Yes, it could have gone better. Yes, some of us got screwed.

But a LOT of people in here were able to get the tickets they wanted last night and today.

And this place - along with a few Facebook groups - has always been great about fans helping other fans out, and at face value.

So we can all exhale a bit. There's still 5 months before the first show. That's a lot of time to work the boards to find a kind fan with an extra ticket.

And jeez louise it's Las Vegas. They're not going to run out of hotel rooms. So if it takes a few months, you'll still be good.

Now let's just hope none of these bastards get COVID [emoji55]

Yep.

It'll ultimately be fine. No doubt in my mind that anyone who seriously wants tickets will be able to get the ones they want, and at face value. Definitely more of a headache (ha) than people might want to deal with, but it'll be fine.

I mean... just because Larry spoke one time at the Grammys doesn't mean he would have been the saviour here.

He's also, ya know, still in the band.

He may be still in the band. He may record. But I honestly think he doesn't want to go on tour anymore. It's just a weird feeling I've had since the way his absence was announced. I hope I'm wrong of course.

Luckily got a pair for the 25/10 show!
Will fly from… Shanghai, finally some good news in a year that has been pretty shitty for me so far.
Counting the days already!

I have a theory that they held some tickets back that were meant for the verified sale or the general and may try to make good and some Ultras who were screwed.

I have this theory because I'm delusional

No you are correct:

https://www.u2.com/news/title/and-five-more-nights/

U2.COM Subscriber Presale: U2.com subscribers who were unable to purchase during the initial Ticket Request will have a second opportunity to purchase tickets to these newly announced dates and will be notified via email regarding next steps

How many tix and what the chances are? Who knows but there will be a subscriber "presale" (post sale really) for the final 5 shows.

Everybody shut out yesterday should receive an email at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom